Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Update 4's best rogues

Ok so I hope this can get stickied with the guides I wanna hopefully get the top rogues off all servers to post there stats and stuff they use and why I'll start it

Stats
Str 100-150
Dex 50-100
Focus 10
Vit rest

I like this because with the right gear you can do anything you want. You can have over 1200 damage. Get 4k+ hp depending on your level, which makes you able to tank a fair few bosses. And can even helps friends with your buffs and debuffs (posion and smoke). Also amzing at pvp as long as you don't face a mage you have a decent chance in winning.

Skills

I use
Posion weapon-mainly to help friends and pvp purposes really
Fast reflex-amazing for solo and tank
smoke bomb- best dps skill really improves your hit % chance and helps a lot on bosses
Play dead- its almost useless unless in pvp it's halrious to make someone level 150 think they one hit you then pop up and own them while they are dancing on top of you... But people get wise to it

I don't use
Rend- lowers your dps
Sneak- lowers your dps as of high energy cost
Assasinate- misses far too much so lowers your dps
Quick- its broken cancels out a auto attack
Distract- as I don't use damage skills my aggro isn't high really so there isn't any need for it
Hide- what can I say it's useless

Gear

Helm- radient/bloodlust good fr either pvp or dps
Chest- radient best dps piee in game ATM
Greaves- radient again amazing
Guants- either speed or radient depends weather I'm on haste or not
Boots- radient good defence

Rings- all damage rings fire damage 1x50 3x45
Braclets- aggra str brac of sneak and a imperial(+9) talon
Misc- the dagger one hide unfortunatly (would prefer play dead)
Neckless- radient mainly as I have a low str build
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Re: Update 4's best rogues

Strength: 225 (Respecced to play with Ymir Dagger)
Dex: 100
Focus: 10
Vit: Rest

Helm: 50 Fire Damage Scavenger
Body: Greater ES Body (Radiant impossible on Danu)
Legs: Radiant
Gloves: Corbins or Heroic, depends on or off elix.
Boots: depends, usually lazy and keep heroic but recently been switching to pathfinder on bigger bosses
Wep: Frozen Dagger
Offhand: gold fire sword
Charm: Dagger Ability King Charm
Neck: radiant ES
Braclets: 7Slash, 6Slash (working on better)
Rings: All damage, 50 cold, 40 magic, 30fire x2

Skills:
Smoke bomb
Poison wep (Good to start a small solo boss fight)
Fast Reflex
Bandage Wounds (saves money, our skills suck)
Distract: like 11/35 just for when needed..

Hopefully helps, have offered like gold camo or 1.2M for radiant BP and they are literally impossible to get on danu, we have maybe 7 on server and no one keen on selling. Working on better braclets and rings as long term goals but people don't sell dps gear on danu, you have to get it all on your own.

150 Rogue
Petition to Eliminate "No Shaming" Rule from World Forums!

I have been switching my build alot so I will post my two favorites

Option 1(most versitle):
str: 150
dex: 20
foc: 25
vit: 500+

Gear:
helm: Bloodlust
body: Frozen
legs: Frozen
boots: Frozen
gloves: Heroic
wep: Frozen
offhand: Gold Blade

Jewelry:
necklace: Greater earthstone
charm: Camo (No rogue skele charms dropped on mabon at all :evil: )
bracelet 1: Sneak's Bracelet of Strength
bracelet 2 Revenant Bracelet of Invigoration
ring: Royal coldsteel (Occasionally replaced with royal quickstrike)
ring: Royal coldsteel
ring: Royal firefang
ring: Imperial stormfist

Skills:
Pois wep: pvp
Fast reflexes: pvp and tanking
Quickstrike: for taunting
Bandage wounds: I dont have many sigils so it takes me a long time to heal up without it
aaaand whatever else you like

Option 2 (dps heavy):
Str: 275
dex: 20
foc: 60
Vit: 500+

Gear:
helm: Bloodlust
body: Radiant
legs: Greater earthstone
boots: Frozen
gloves: Heroic
wep: Frozen
offhand: Gold Blade

Jewelry:
necklace: Greater earthstone
charm: Camo (No rogue skele charms dropped on mabon at all :evil: )
bracelet 1: Sneak's Bracelet of Strength
bracelet 2: +6 Pierce bracelet or Reaper's Bracelet of Spears
ring: Royal firefang
ring: Imperial stormfist

Skills:
Pois wep: pvp and dps at begining of fight (Not worth recasting imo)
smoke bomb: good for bossing
Bandage wounds: I dont have many sigils so it takes me a long time to heal up without it
undecided on the rest (they all suck so much)

These builds are pretty similar but the main thing to point out is when using the first build, you need a taunt skill and you need regen so that you can keep casting it. Quickstrike was a very effective taunt for me (even if it didnt add dps). The main reason for building option 1 was many of my clan's tanks were inactive so I was runner-up. Now theyre more active and I can afford to move to a higher dps build to speed up agg and ymir.
Mabon:
Dogorcat3--lvl 183--rogue--Elite

i change my build on a weekly basis depending on what i feel like

right now i run:

300 (375) strength
65 (140) dex
10 focus
400 vitality

golden helm of bloodlust
heroic gloves of haste
radiant earthstone boots
radiant earthstone greaves
lesser earthstone chest ( :cry: )
radiant gloves or corbins bracers when hasted
golden dagger of venom when leveling
golden blade of magic when bossing (dual with my magic lure mage)
frozen meteoric dagger, when i used to use assassinate i would switch this out for master drake dagger for the +4 assass when casting skill

mighty amulet of blades (15 slash)
piercing charm of the ghost (100 dagger ability) when bossing, camo when leveling
reapers bracelet of dexterity (75 dex, 250 cunning, 5 rend)
reapers bracelet of spears (75 strength, 250 spear, 5 rend)
imperial strormfist, coldsteel, and firefang
royal coldsteel
switch out rings for minor dragon poison and reflex rings sometimes (+6)

skills i use are: smoke bomb 35/35
reflex 35/35
poison 35/35
rend 45/35 (with two bracelets otherwise i wouldnt use)
distract 14/35

level 150

i dont have the very best dps gear, but i can survive and level and still out dps any rogue that isnt in avalon on morrigan, and lots of them in avalon
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I have a couple questions... They have probably been answered somewhere in this forum, but I think I will just ask the pros. Anyways..
1. What is a "tank"?

2. Why do you guys have such low focus? Focus increases your energy, which is how someone uses their skill... So.. How exactly do you guys use your skills? If I may ask..

3. I don't get what you guys mean when you say the word "taunt". You guys usually have used the word, throughout the forum, and associate it with Quick Strike. What is this meaning?

4. Finally, after all these exausting questions that I hope you answer, I have one final one. What do any of you guys see in Sneaky Attack? It can only be used on enemies not targeting you, and most enemies are red, which mean they will target you.. Am I missing something special that makes the skill good?

THANKS. I am a Level 32 Rogue, having a hard time leveling, so if you could answer these, that would be great. Also, any extra tips would be good, although I have read all the guides.

1. What is a "tank"?
A tank is a player in a group who takes the hits from a target. They usually have high health or armour which allows them to sustain lots of damage, and they use skills to keep the target on them so that it doesn't hit anyone else (called 'aggro'. aggro is the mystical factor that decides who a monster hits. the more aggro you have, the higher chance you have of being targeted by a monster).
2. Why do you guys have such low focus? Focus increases your energy, which is how someone uses their skill... So.. How exactly do you guys use your skills? If I may ask..
Warriors, rogues and ranger at higher levels dont need focus because we have armour and items that add energy for us. For example, there is a bracelet which adds 100 energy and regenerates 10 energy per 3 seconds. Also, our quest armour (warden, meteoric, frozen) adds energy too. My frozen dagger adds about 64 energy, and each piece of frozen armour adds energy too. With all my gear, i have around 450 energy with 5 focus.
3. I don't get what you guys mean when you say the word "taunt". You guys usually have used the word, throughout the forum, and associate it with Quick Strike. What is this meaning?
'Taunting' is the ability to attract a monster's attention towards you. Hitting a monster and damaging it, or using certain skills to increase aggro (as previously mentioned) will 'taunt' your target and attract its attention, meaning that it will hit you instead of other people. There are many different ways of taunting, lots of 'damage per second' (dps) or using specific skills such as 'taunt' or 'warcry' are the main two methods.
Us rogues associate taunting with quickstrike because it is a skill that deals moderately good damage, and can be recast very quickly so it pulls a lot of aggro for us. It is a rogue's most reliable taunting method.
4. Finally, after all these exausting questions that I hope you answer, I have one final one. What do any of you guys see in Sneaky Attack? It can only be used on enemies not targeting you, and most enemies are red, which mean they will target you.. Am I missing something special that makes the skill good?
It is a good skill for levelling because it starts your fights by taking a nice big chunk of health off your target. If you stay out of range of a target and then cast sneaky attack, your character will run up to the target and start casting as soon as it is in range. Even if the target sees you and runs up to you, by the time you get hit, your skill will have been cast. If you are seen by a monster before you press sneaky attack, you will have a hard time finishing your cast. Its a 'sneaky' attack, not an 'in your face' attack :lol: you gotta be sneaky! Stay out of sight first!
Belenus
Elementals

Kiyarah - 222
PiercingHeart - 193
Kiystroyer - 139
Hexi - 137
Alleviate - 135

I disagree with rend, once it hits, its unsviodable damage for a few hits...

Vinyl, when you have 1100-1400 damage like us the cast time of rend is enough to lower dps
While i understand that, i have somedays where my skills hit WAY more then auto, this is where rend helps a little.