Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

For rogues who like it rough (guide)

For pigman and his stickied guide
while talking about guides, kiy, you are a "tank" correct? mind throwing a tank rogue guide together?
Because rogues with FULL tanking builds have no chance in the real world (as I learned the hard way) I'll point you in the direction of a slightly more mixed setup, which will let you level faster and have higher damage input on bosses that aren't using you as a punching bag.
-----
These are my raw stats at present time, how you work your way up to them is up to you, but I suggest getting strength out of the way quickly to help you level; maybe a 2str-1dex-2vit per level until you feel you have enough in a certain attribute. I will also be adding more dex as I level because I feel that my defence could use some buffing.

lvl 131
strength: 125
dexterity: 95
focus: 10
vitality: 450
-----
If you want to hold aggro to the best of your ability and not be killed constantly you need a mix of defensive and aggressive skills.
I used to use pots to heal and I now have a giant truckload of sigils so I never used bandage wounds, but if you don't have that luxury you will need to throw some points into your heal.

If you're a lower level progressing with this build, get your attacking skills up higher before OW because you don't need smoke and reflex in Stonevale. However be ready for eyes when the time comes.

The skills that I think work best for this build (in my opinion), and what I have them at are:
Fast Reflexes: 26(35)/30
Smoke Bomb: 26(37)/30
Quick Strike: 28/30
Sneaky: 28/30
Assassinate: 27/30
Rend: 1/30
Poison Weapon: 1/30

I put rend and poison in there because spamming rend is a nice little way to boost your aggro bit by bit and poison helps you gain aggro from others by casting it on whoever is taking the hits.
-----
It is important to have the right gear on hand for different situations. Keep in mind that damage does not always equal win.

Main-hand weapon: Frozen Meteoric Dagger (or highest equivalent. more dps means more aggro)
Off-hand weapon: Golden Shield of the Mountain (for high-hitting enemies) / Golden Blade of Venom (for when you can afford to substitute armour/evasion for energy regen) / Golden Blade of Ice (for smackin' biatches... and fire mobs)

Body: Frozen Zodiac Jerkin (or highest equivalent)
Legs: Frozen Zodiac Breeches (or highest equivalent)
Head: Golden Crown of Energisation (don't flame me for this. When you want to keep aggro, energy regen is SUPER IMPORTANT. Once you run out of energy, your party members will start to take aggro off you)
Feet: Frozen Zodiac Boots (or highest equivalent)
Hands: Heroic Gloves of Haste (it doesn't matter what your build is, use these)

Necklace: Heroic Amulet of Rejuvenation
Charm: this doesn't really matter too much. If you're lucky enough to have a halloween drop, use that. If not, don't fret.
Bracelets: These are pretty debatable. You can use the +10 health/energy regen braces if you want or high resist bracelets depending on what you're tanking, I personally use Radiant Oak Bracelet (+250hp and some evasion) and Imperial Wyrm-something Bracelet (+20 dex/focus/vit) because they're pretty good all-rounders.
Rings: Use skill rings, preferably for your buff/debuff skills, and as high as you can get your hands on. Smoke and Reflex rings are the way to go, if you can acquire some.
-----

Progressing up to this build was really helpful for me from lvls 92-131. I found that I could competently solo level and tank bosses with not many problems, and only needed to make a small tweak when I moved onto golems for levelling.
Last edited by KiyKiy on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belenus
Elementals

Kiyarah - 222
PiercingHeart - 193
Kiystroyer - 139
Hexi - 137
Alleviate - 135

Re: For rogues who like it rough (guide)

maybe we can get people to stop asking for guides and actually read the ones that exist
Deep down i doubt it, but i really hope we can achieve this because the rogue thread seems to be home to the most clueless characters.
Belenus
Elementals

Kiyarah - 222
PiercingHeart - 193
Kiystroyer - 139
Hexi - 137
Alleviate - 135

Re: For rogues who like it rough (guide)

What is you'r average damage and how much health does all that vit gives you? and is it a good build for a lvl 95 rogue to solo lvl in Ow?
I levelled completely solo from about 94-120 with this build, so yes, it is very good for soloing. When training, use some more damaging gear though, the high vitality and reflexes will be all the defence you need- just steer clear of 4* mobs once you get to kelpies.
And with 450 vit, my two bracelets and shield, i have about 3.5k hp.
Belenus
Elementals

Kiyarah - 222
PiercingHeart - 193
Kiystroyer - 139
Hexi - 137
Alleviate - 135