Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Did the patch help mages to be more DPS?

Just being curious whether it did.

To me I would say Yes.

Druids and Mages used to have the same spell casting speed but due to the patch, when i have finish casting 4 lighting spells, mages would have cast between 7-8 fire bolts. The 3-4 extra fire bolts with lure should account between an additional 1500 to 2200 damage depending on which mob you are engaging and this is just on fire bolt alone.

Also tested new patch of mages still not able to out dps rogues but that should be fine and acceptable. I dont know about warriors or rangers tho. Any feedbacks on this?
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Re: Did the patch help mages to be more DPS?

Hmm..

I wouldn't have thought it was that great?

20 percent benefit calc, assuming 1 to 1 prior to patch also assuming cast time is the same.

4 lightning = 4 firebolt
So now after update it will be

4 lightning = 5 firebolt

?? Does this seem right? Also hve to consider spell casting orders and other spells included in cast. Eg, your casting order has more delays compared to the Mage u were comparing against.

No, not at all. DPS would be damage per strike correct? The Mage tweaks did not increase the damage output of the offensive spells so they essentially hit for the same damages as before.

What the tweaks did was to help Mage deal with energy usage problems not to increase damage output per strike.
No, dps is damage per second, so it is damage over time. Casting time reductions greatly increase this. Ignoring hit rate, a 30% decrease in cast time is a 30% increase in dps.

Hmm..

I wouldn't have thought it was that great?

20 percent benefit calc, assuming 1 to 1 prior to patch also assuming cast time is the same.

4 lightning = 4 firebolt
So now after update it will be

4 lightning = 5 firebolt

?? Does this seem right? Also hve to consider spell casting orders and other spells included in cast. Eg, your casting order has more delays compared to the Mage u were comparing against.
That was what I thought too initially but like I said, with the patch, a druid casting 3 lighting bolts is now 5 fire bolts, 4 lighting bolts is followed by 6-7 fire bolts.
While the damage out put per fire bolt has not increased, the amount of fire bolts a mage can spam within the same casting time has gone up sustainability.

This contributes to Total damage per sec and even more so with boss fights. In terms of casting order, nah it didnt have an effect.
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

No, not at all. DPS would be damage per strike correct? The Mage tweaks did not increase the damage output of the offensive spells so they essentially hit for the same damages as before.

What the tweaks did was to help Mage deal with energy usage problems not to increase damage output per strike.
No, dps is damage per second, so it is damage over time. Casting time reductions greatly increase this. Ignoring hit rate, a 30% decrease in cast time is a 30% increase in dps.
If that, in fact, is what DPS stands for then I guess that the patch did increase it.

Yes it did. The patch did not increase the damage from a specific skill. It dramatically increased the amount of skills you can cast in a given period of time.

Imagine the impact on a warrior, ranger or rogue if they had the same patch. It would be the equivalent wearing 30% haste gloves. Think of it that way. All mages were given a set of 30% haste gloves for casting.

Of ourselves all that casting takes energy.