Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Will today's patch make mages happy ?

Mages had more useful support skills than personal damage skills, therefore made them support.

Druids had more useful support skills than personal damage skills, therefore made them support.

Rangers had more personal damage skills than useful support skills, therefore made them dps.

Warriors had more tanking skills than useful support skills or damage skills, therefore made them tanks.

Rogues had more personal damage skills than useful support skills, therefore made them dps.

Actually think about it.. Mages were always support, they wern't as good, but we're still support none-the-less. They could be dps, same as they can now, but their dps is simply not as good. As for Lure of Fire.. When power levelling, the Mage casts cloak on the toon being power levelled, then lures 1-2-3 of the mobs.. When bossing, the mage casts cloak on the tank then lures the boss.. How is that not support?

The concept of a Mage has slightly changed (they are now MUCH better support than they were and looking at their current skills, support is the best build for a Mage, whether they like it or not. Maybe the description of the Mage needs to be changed rather than the whole class... :)
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

Mages have the benefit of being flexible, different builds exist for a number of different play styles, support, tank, dps, mele. These are all possible and the Mage doesn't do any of them great but does all fair.

Ok back to the topic.
I am not happy at the moment but I am waiting for some fallout. I never was that concerned with Mage dps and that was the major fix. I am much more interested in how long it takes to regen 4000 energy. I was able to put less points in dps and more in regen which helped some. What we asked for was boost to be like natures embrace and sacrifice to be like touch. They did improve things. But I still can't keep up with my leveling partners without resting while they fight. Sacrifice may have an inadvertent bug so things may improve.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

My initial thoughts:

- liked the effect of increase dps
- enjoyed the reduced cost of casting spells
- would like sacrifice to be looked at. Something in the code doesn't look right. I have heaps of focus yet my energy regen from sacrifice spell seems to hve gone the other way. Anyway overall glad they improved energy boost.

In regards to support vs dps Mage pre-update I would hve classified it as follows

Firebolt - damage
Ice shards - damage
Lure of ice - damage (only purpose is to increase Mage damage)
Lure of fire - damage (ony purpose is to increase Mage damage)
Cloak - support and damage (benefits both the Mage and other parties, as a Mage preupdate I used this maybe 80 percent on myself and maybe 20 percent on others. Maybe even 90/10 split)
Energy shield - defence
Energy well - support
Energy boost - support (tbh if u had ammy and offhand no one needed this)

Excluded:
Meditate and bandage ( all classes have it)

Did I miss any spells? Theres a clear 4 vs 2 to damage build.

Personal conclusion: the new lures sucked for mages, as they were spells which only helped other classes. I may be oblivious to other classes and may be missing some out but the only clear spell I can think of is taunt and warcry. Still considering the right mix of spells. Btw I have now 700 energy sigils, and still hoping energy boost works well. need to test it out.

As a Mage, I don't see myself going full support but a solo Mage that has good lure rings. I want to help my clan by dps, I'm one of the higher levels in the clan and need to support clan by direct dps. If u hve 2 grps from different clans fighting for a mob. Why, would I cast a non Mage lure which may benefit the other grp more than mine.