Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

I think it's nuts how all these mages put down being a support player, there is nobody I would rather xp with than a great Mage. I barely want to be n a boss fight without a proper mage . It is true that the the gear that is the sweetest is all dps gear and I think mages and Druids deserve some new items , but c'mon already accept your class for what it is, you are a support class.

I am a 152 ranger and I do not play as dps , i play a support roll , and I like to think it is as beneficial to my clan and any group I am in as is possible. The rants about mages are getting a bit old, accept your roles and do it to the best you possibly can. I Think you will find it's not only fun but extremely helpful for your clan.

As far as xp goes, try teaming up with a ranger , you will fly through the levels.
Since it seems you didn't read everything, here is a little summary of the complaints :
1) No energy regen worth of mentionning, even though we're the ones who are supposed to be energy healers
2) No ability to choose between lux items because if you don't go for the regen ones you'll have to stop every five minutes to regen for five minutes
3) Despite being advertised IG as "expert in elemental damage spell", most of our spells don't benefit us in any way.

If you want to play your ranger as a support that's fine. If a mage wants to play as a debuffer that's fine. What we ask is being able to choose between dps or support. As a ranger, even if you go full support with your skills, in the long ryn you still out-dps a mage with your auto. That's not right.

Seen a couple of comments saying mages should play support and a comment saying they will be great with a ranger. While I appreciate your contribution to the discussion i dont agree with your points of view:

1) We provide a different type of damage (fire and ice), which cost the highest amount of energy out of all classes and have no auto damage. The increase energy costs and no auto means we aren't just limited to hp running out before dying but also energy. This increase risk should be compensated with higher dps.

2) To expect mages to play just support is quite a selfish proposition. There are 5 lures:- fire,ice,magic,soldiers and assasins. Are you expecting us to use a book of alteration every time a different player class comes around? Due to the energy issues a lot of skill points need to be invested in energy regeneration and eshield (defence) since we have such low armour. full support can ony be achieved if we have no damage spells due to the skill point costs. This means we are just reliant on other ppl which to be honest isn't very fun. Even Druids can solo lvl and are a support class.

3) the new lures was only added in the last update and are only accessible in OW. This would imply that lures are meant to be a secondary purpose and not the main function. If mages were meant to be support these lures would be assessible in lirs reach.

4) RPGs' are fun where there is a variety of classes involved. Without it, everyone would be the same. When looking at the proportion of high lvl mages in the game it seems like a dying class. If it is then confirmed that mages are a support class I fear many mages will stop playing altogether.

Sorry if I offended anyone. My only intention is be bring some light to this class issue.

Seen a couple of comments saying mages should play support and a comment saying they will be great with a ranger. While I appreciate your contribution to the discussion i dont agree with your points of view:

1) We provide a different type of damage (fire and ice), which cost the highest amount of energy out of all classes and have no auto damage. The increase energy costs and no auto means we aren't just limited to hp running out before dying but also energy. This increase risk should be compensated with higher dps.

2) To expect mages to play just support is quite a selfish proposition. There are 5 lures:- fire,ice,magic,soldiers and assasins. Are you expecting us to use a book of alteration every time a different player class comes around? Due to the energy issues a lot of skill points need to be invested in energy regeneration and eshield (defence) since we have such low armour. full support can ony be achieved if we have no damage spells due to the skill point costs. This means we are just reliant on other ppl which to be honest isn't very fun. Even Druids can solo lvl and are a support class.

3) the new lures was only added in the last update and are only accessible in OW. This would imply that lures are meant to be a secondary purpose and not the main function. If mages were meant to be support these lures would be assessible in lirs reach.

4) RPGs' are fun where there is a variety of classes involved. Without it, everyone would be the same. When looking at the proportion of high lvl mages in the game it seems like a dying class. If it is then confirmed that mages are a support class I fear many mages will stop playing altogether.

Sorry if I offended anyone. My only intention is be bring some light to this class issue.
Don't worry about offending anyone. You're just giving your opinion, backed with facts.
And indeed, the lures are good and all, but if they're to be of any use, we have to drop all our points or so in them, which means, after we've cast them, we're just standgin here or most the fight since we don't have any auto-attack.

Arcana, yes I read this post and the 400 other Mage isn't good enough posts , just giving you my opinion of how the class should be played.

Crews machine , so if someone has not played Mage they should not comment ? Put the post in Mage forum then , when you complain on general discussion , too bad if you don't like other classes giving opinions.
Eliminater
Clan Avalon
http://avalon.guildlaunch.com/
Morrigan

ABOLISH TARGET LOCK

You weren't giving your opinion, you were downright telling us what we should do and be. Not the same thing.
Allow me to quote you :
I think it's nuts how all these mages put down being a support player, there is nobody I would rather xp with than a great Mage. I barely want to be n a boss fight without a proper mage . It is true that the the gear that is the sweetest is all dps gear and I think mages and Druids deserve some new items , but c'mon already accept your class for what it is, you are a support class.
Yeah, opinion indeed.
Anyway, as you were saying right under that, rangers can CHOOSE to play as support. Mages should also be able to. Not being forced to put points in skills we're only going to use in boss fights we're never getting in because we'll stand there through most of them. Most players will choose a dps than a mage that cast 3 or 4 spells on the boss then stay here.
How fun it is indeed to stay here doing nothing waiting for others to kill. Would you like it ? Then fine, go play a mage and do that all the way up to 140. Then come telling me it's fun sitting through fights.

Fair enough , the wording implies I am telling you how to play your class, but indeed it's my opinion not a fact. I suggest you come to morrigan and watch how Mashill plays his Mage in xp , it sure doesn't look boring and certainly he seems pretty busy the whole time not just cast and sit back.
Did you actually ask this Mage if it is fun? And If they say yes then remember this is one Mage in a thousand.

Fair enough , the wording implies I am telling you how to play your class, but indeed it's my opinion not a fact. I suggest you come to morrigan and watch how Mashill plays his Mage in xp , it sure doesn't look boring and certainly he seems pretty busy the whole time not just cast and sit back.
Ask him to come comment if he has a forum account, would you ?
Also, what i wanted to say is not that mages should not do support, only that they should have the choice.

I see that the mage needs a complete overhaul. People have mentioned the lack of energy & energy regen, lack of damage from wand, slow cool down etc, but if a mage is going to useful in a group and offer support, then their spells need to change and actually be useful. Here is what I purpose:

• Get rid of lure ice and lure fire and get rid of the term "magic" and incorporate fire, ice, and lightning all under one lure and call it something like elemental lure.

Make the mage a master of buff and debuff, and keep the druid as the healer in the group offering individual and group heals and heals over time.

* There should be a buff to enhance armour and life, and a buff to enhance attack damage, perhaps enhance speed of attack and speed of spells. Or to keep it simple, perhaps include all in one buff, I don't know.
• Get rid of the other lures and make one global debuff, which should be an area of effect spell to weaken all enemies within the area (similar effect to the current lure spells), so that mobs/boss armour is reduced

In terms of offensive spells, sacrifice or whatever it is called (I haven’t levelled that high yet), should be changed to a drain spell to drain life from a mob/boss and replenish mage’s energy or life.

I can’t comment on freeze as I haven’t got it yet, but I’ve heard that no-one uses it as it’s rubbish. Improve it’s use please admin!

I believe that these spells will make people want to play mages, and they will at last be a much needed and valuable member of a team and won't be just left standing there doing nothing.

Crews machine , so if someone has not played Mage they should not comment ? Put the post in Mage forum then , when you complain on general discussion , too bad if you don't like other classes giving opinions.
At risk of upsetting you, I don't mind the fact that you have an opinion, given that you don't play a Mage, and as such are not exposed to the particular issue we have complaints about, I just am not interested in said opinion. Again, this is not meant to be rude or harsh. I just have a silly notion that only Mage players opinions on the class strengths and weaknesses are actually useful.

Is the Mage a good support toon? Of course it is. Sometimes, and I'm sure I'm not alone, I want to rock out solo. I don't always have the ability to group. Sometimes I don't have clannies online to group. Sometimes I don't want to group. Sometimes I can't get into a group. Mostly because everyone wants Druids instead of Mages. See how I addressed our class shortcomings in that last sentence?

Your opinion is just as valid and welcome as ours. Yours just has no gameplay as a Mage to validate it. That is why I said I wanted to hear from Mages. Ultimately, it seems from my reading in these very forums, other classes can solo successfully if chosen. At higher levels it seems as the Mage cannot. Until that is fixed I'm sure you'll keep seeing these kinds of posts.

On a final note, please ask your Mage friend to post his/her thoughts here. I guarantee all of us Mages are very interested in that. Hopefully, my post didn't rub you too hard the wrong way.