Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

Just to give everyone an idea of the signicant disparity of classes

To be within the top 200 players in the game you need to have a lvl of 141 or more (211 players in that category). If you split this out by classes this is the split:

Druid: 17 out of 211
Mage: 20 out of 211
Ranger: 33 out of 211
Rogue: 58 out if 211
Warrior: 83 out of 211

The mix doesn't look right does it.

Yup, also see here:

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... ss+balance

the first graph is what you're talking about. It looks like druids drop off pretty fast 140+
Interesting graphs and data sets. I hope OTM sees this and does something about it. From the information it seems being a Mage isn't as attractive as compared to the other class. This should be enough for OTM to consider some amendments to the class.

Thx for your comments!

Ok OTM has gotta start reading there threads.

I'm a 150 Mage and I never train as support and I will never train as support... Ever.
Mages need to be changed drastically, energy boost needs to be x10 energy and all dmg needs to be doubled... Am I being over the top? No.
If your gonna make us lvl slow there's gotta be a point of mages. My ice should be able to hit 4000 and fire 2000 If you gonna let a rogue hit 800 per second, while having more health, more dps and better def, and event armor based for meelee classes.
Mana shield is fine. But the point of A Mage is dying. Mages in other games are the highest dps, they are that class that when they join the group to fight a boss everyone goes "yes! Now we can do this" it has to have a signature skill, just like a Druids heal, just like a warriors tanking, just like a rogues dps, just like a rangers dps plus bolas and amazing skills, it had to have great dps, enough to dps a rogue if you maxed out a Mages focus, but a skill that cost 2000 health or something that adds damage to a players casting skills
It would make it so mages can solo train as fast as rogues, but rogues still have the top dps with a mage in the group. We need a new signature skill, and we are missing that, and we are missing dps

My lvl 150 Mage has 1015 focus, I don't have 1015 energy but 1015 FOCUS.

And still. Even with that. I get out dps by 130 rogues with the new radiant armor that doesn't help mages at all
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Not to me rude and yes i am a rogue, i seen mages lvl 105 training at my training places on lvl 115 threes without even getting harmd it takes me half my health if it isnt even more and 800dmg a sec i wish i have that lowl :d and i know the energy regen is a pain for mage give them that there normal energy goes 10 times faster then normal give rogue higher dmg adds with str or so rangers possibly str to warriors faster health regen and druids energy regen just something that makes class specefic again i alrady hated it that other classes got off handed weapons now to that where one of the main reasons i choosed rogue now each class has it -.- or that camo came out hide useless and eyes sees through it and rangers got a skill that makes their auto atack faster isnt rogue suposed to be fast hits?
Fighter, rogue
Clan: Anarchy

Proud owner of epona's first doch gul bp :D

I must say, this is the first game I've ever seen (both MMO and single player) where mages are not the ones who have the highest direct damage.
Given, in some of them Mages are actually kings of AoE damage and can do really well for single target.

In every other MMO, mages are nothing short glass cannons. Basically if a mob touches them they're done for, so they have to do their best to avoid it by blasting it to pieces. I think that's what most players who begin a mage think when they create it. In this one game, however, they're the same squishy scholars but have none of the dps, because of spell damage, evasion and energy cost. That's why most of them quit before lvl30 and play another class.

Mages need a rebalalancing, and that requires a HUGE boost to energy regen (like changing formulas of energy boost and sacrifice to match those of nature's embrace and touch), spell damage OR nerfing mob spell evasion back. Our spells are our only damage source, therefore they shouldn't be avoidable like warriors, ranger or rogues' hits.

@dragonwarrior : rogues are already the (on average) fastest hitting class. Rangers do have rapid shot but it's quite costly if you don't put something in energy.
Last edited by arcana on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not to me rude and yes i am a rogue, i seen mages lvl 105 training at my training places on lvl 115 threes without even getting harmd it takes me half my health if it isnt even more and 800dmg a sec i wish i have that lowl :d and i know the energy regen is a pain for mage give them that there normal energy goes 10 times faster then normal give rogue higher dmg adds with str or so rangers possibly str to warriors faster health regen and druids energy regen just something that makes class specefic again i alrady hated it that other classes got off handed weapons now to that where one of the main reasons i choosed rogue now each class has it -.- or that camo came out hide useless and eyes sees through it and rangers got a skill that makes their auto atack faster isnt rogue suposed to be fast hits?
You missed the point, mages don't have a point... Rogues are hard to train I feal your pain, but mages are just as hard TRUST ME. At the moment in building up a ranger that will one day take over my Mage.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Well i hade a mage when no rejuvs exsisted removed char though cause it werent the class for me but i saw the rogue gpt nerfed nerfed and nerfed over and over again we need something good to and i hope for mages they make the cast gloves :D an still dps warriors kinda op to 2k healht prOtective stand ice blade means 700 dmg + 1000 armor + nothing can hold them :s
Fighter, rogue
Clan: Anarchy

Proud owner of epona's first doch gul bp :D