Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sick and tired of Mages being so weak

mages are a tough level, but are easily as important as druids in high level clans, because mages are the BEST dps support

mages are not designed to be solo dps, but a support class(pierce lure is the best thing to invest in)

i have a lvl 83 mage, i have good dps, and level very easily in group

good mages can up to half the time a boss kill takes

please stop trying to be top dps classes, you are a dps support class with the options to be an eshield tank/ energy "druid" or full support where you max lures and cloak, or a traditional build where you can solo, but also good for boss fights

best solo build i hhave found at 83 is max fire lure,cloak,bolt and incinerate

extra points in the in combat energy regen
Why is that the case? The game tips indicate that mages are meant to be a dps type. I can handle that different classes have different strength and weaknesses. But it needs to be balanced.

Why do non cast classes have lux items which can increase attack rate but none which increase cast rate. The drops from the new summer dragons also don't provide much comfort given it doesn't really help the Mage much. I would suggest being able to purchase a ring/necklace/bracelet which can give a non damage spell. Eg reduce the cool down of spells or reset all cool down to 0.

If increasing damage is out of the question then increase its armour and resistance.

Using your analogy, Ur right a Mage can significantly reduce the time it takes to kill a boss. This is due to the lures it can cast which can max out damages of other classes. Though why if we cast a lure of fire or ice is the damage the same as other classes which aren't lured?

I'm not asking mages to be number 1 dps class. What I am asking is for a balance approach to the classes.

mages are a tough level, but are easily as important as druids in high level clans, because mages are the BEST dps support

mages are not designed to be solo dps, but a support class(pierce lure is the best thing to invest in)

please stop trying to be top dps classes, you are a dps support class with the options to be an eshield tank/ energy "druid" or full support where you max lures and cloak, or a traditional build where you can solo, but also good for boss fights

Why is that the case? The game tips indicate that mages are meant to be a dps type. I can handle that different classes have different strength and weaknesses. But it needs to be balanced.

Why do non cast classes have lux items which can increase attack rate but none which increase cast rate. The drops from the new summer dragons also don't provide much comfort given it doesn't really help the Mage much. I would suggest being able to purchase a ring/necklace/bracelet which can give a non damage spell. Eg reduce the cool down of spells or reset all cool down to 0.

If increasing damage is out of the question then increase its armour and resistance.

Using your analogy, Ur right a Mage can significantly reduce the time it takes to kill a boss. This is due to the lures it can cast which can max out damages of other classes. Though why if we cast a lure of fire or ice is the damage the same as other classes which aren't lured?

I'm not asking mages to be number 1 dps class. What I am asking is for a balance approach to the classes.
that i have to agree with there should be charms were cool down time is reduced and also plz admin increase the armor of mages there armor absolutely suck and need to be improved greatly
181 Druid
166 Rouge

Veteran CH Player, playing since December 2011.
Proud owner of a white coven

Proud Member of Aeon
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet"
There is no sweet fruit for CH...

that i have to agree with there should be charms were cool down time is reduced and also plz admin increase the armor of mages there armor absolutely suck and need to be improved greatly
+1
Galactus: Level 100 Rogue
World: Taranis
Clan: Curiosity

Why do people keep insisting that Mages be support??

If I wanted to be a "support" player I wouldn't bother with this game.

Also another assumption is one must group. I don't want to group or be forced to just to get ahead on an RPG! Some of us play sporadically during the day and should we be penalized for it? Solo should be just fine otherwise there's shortfalls in the game that need to be addressed. Which is another topic!

As I stated in my other posts. RPG's have largely overcome the class imbalance issue by allowing multiclass's.
But for OT to do that might require a huge coding alteration.

I've had frozen weapon for Mage for a while now. And seem to only use it when using it against lava lord. The reason I don't use it normally is due to the silly mechanics behind how the proc works. It's 3percent chance on a melee hit.

Given I'm a Mage, the number of melee hits is ridiculously low:

1) I'm spamming between 6-10 spells different spells depending on who's in the grp with me and the opportunity of a melee hit is very low.
2) all high level mages have energy sigils. If I do have a break between spells, why would I use a melee hit and lose the chance of my energy sigils kicking in.

Once again the thinking behind the implementation seems to be for a melee class character. Why not make the proc be based on an offensive spell being castes instead? Or provision of a proc spell which can used when the weapon is equipped. Make the cooldown something realistic like 10-15 mins.

This should be applicable to both mages and Druids.

Why do people keep insisting that Mages be support??

If I wanted to be a "support" player I wouldn't bother with this game.

Also another assumption is one must group. I don't want to group or be forced to just to get ahead on an RPG! Some of us play sporadically during the day and should we be penalized for it? Solo should be just fine otherwise there's shortfalls in the game that need to be addressed. Which is another topic!

As I stated in my other posts. RPG's have largely overcome the class imbalance issue by allowing multiclass's.
But for OT to do that might require a huge coding alteration.
+1
This is part of the problem. If we only look at Mage and Druid as support classes, they'll never be corrected to be balanced. I gotta agree with Tony on this one, if all I wanted was to be "support" I wouldn't play this game. I don't have the time or ability to synchronize my gameplay with other clan members so I can follow them around a be support.

No wonder so many people play other classes.

Just to give everyone an idea of the signicant disparity of classes

To be within the top 200 players in the game you need to have a lvl of 141 or more (211 players in that category). If you split this out by classes this is the split:

Druid: 17 out of 211
Mage: 20 out of 211
Ranger: 33 out of 211
Rogue: 58 out if 211
Warrior: 83 out of 211

The mix doesn't look right does it.

Yup, also see here:

http://www.onethumbmobile.com/celticher ... ss+balance

the first graph is what you're talking about. It looks like druids drop off pretty fast 140+
Nerfed Mage ~140
Why play a class where skills cost more than other classes for same damage?
Why play a class with no auto attack?
Why play a class with 1/3 the armor?
Why play a caster?

Copy this sig! :)

Wiki: http://www.wisdomunderground.com/wiki

It is not a bad class mages are the easiest class to solo lvl since it has shield but yes i agree mages should have a bigger weapon variety and have stronger armor
and also its easiest to lvl becos its easier to regain energy than health and u dont need waste points into bandage as much as warriors and other classes
edit: some powerful mages are so powerful they can solo wisp bosses like fellfire without pots and can kill all 1-2* red boss placeholders and more different bosses like guzzletusk and fairiequeen
Sorry but you are a newb.

Leveling is nothing more than how much xp you can get per hour. I don't care if you can solo a 3 star mob 10 levels above you. I've had that build and it takes 5 minutes to be ready for the next fight. The best solo build targets mobs your level +3 as fast and as often as possible. The Mage can not compete with any other class for solo xp per hour.
Papi - Arawn - Beta 4
GuildChief- / MageGuild (Chief)
Glanmoric-Mage 120
Duergath-Rogue 100 TheFamily Chief
Whuric-Druid 91
Volar-Warrior 91
Doriz-Ranger 70
"Growing old is for people who have forgotten how to play."

I know this has been mentioned on the thread encouraging admin to review our complaints, but let me say it again.

Aside from "dps support" (ugh!), we're also now supposed to be "energy healers." There are two problems with this idea (even if I wanted to sign up for that):

1. I CAN'T SEE ANYONE'S ENERGY! If I don't know whether my group needs energy, I am stuck with spamming them with questions: Do you need a boost? How 'bout now? Now? or they have to pause to tell me. When this happens, my most common response is: Wait a sec. Because...

2. I have to boost MYSELF all the time. I have no lux and a handful of sigils, so in a group I am running e-boost constantly. If I skip a cycle to hit a group member, I run out of energy. When I run out of energy, I stand there like an idiot and get killed by the mob.

[/rant off]
LongCool: 190+ mage
lcthief: 170+ rogue
lcwitchy: 85+ druid
World: Lugh
Proud General of Clan Aftermath