Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Someone post a guide on playing a rogue as a main

ok here it is... first few levels as you do the main quest line and grind in between pile your points 2 in dex one in hp and one in strength for the first while
continue as this untill you have 55 or so dex so that you can wear ancient lamellar, you also need to upgrade your energy whenever you start feeling energy starved, 30 should be enough
at a low level you need to save your gold, level as far as you can on your quest dagger (shoreline) then once you hit shalemont train on the skirmishers until you get a connacht dagger drop, as a rogue you should usually have double the strength as your vitality, though dexterity is also factored in at 55 for top ancient gear
because you have lower hp, avoid the connacht archers, do the quest line and focus on training on skirmishers, then the spear wilding connacht on the other side, then switch over to the ribbonswords/duellists around lvl 40 continue killing and upgrading your stats with the 3 strngth 2 vit build (dex should be 55 already)
once you tire of the ribbon swords and duellists move on through the connacht camps AVOIDING mages and archers as ranged attacks murder rogues often, kill the connacht horses as they are easy kills and grant good xp. when you have finished the shalemont questline you should be lvl 50 ish (remember to group up for harder mobs) up until this point you still should have spent 0 gold. when you think you are ready and can kill all the 1 and 2* mobs in shalemont you can move on to the northern road where you can train on the boars until you get a tusk dagger, equip this and forget the connacht one. at this point you should have the gold to buy yourself some decent armour (other players is preferable) though you could also try to get into a clan that will give you your basic disks for warden, moons suns oaks. which means you wont have to buy the ancient armour parts

keep leveling on mobs roughly your level, preferably ones with less hp because you can kill them fast with your dagger

in terms of skills, until you have an ammy of some kind you should have a 2-3 points in meditate and recuperate, a few points in bandage helps recover quickly

at a lower level, rend is a must, it speeds up the death of mobs considerably, quick strike is also a very important skill, hide is also helpful for getting through tight areas, sneaky and assasinate should not have many points in them until you have levelled up high enough to put points in them without damaging your build... thats my 2 cents, its a bit skewed and vague as it was a while ago that i did that... i leveled from 70-80 on lixers, 80-85 in the grove pre update without elixers, 85-90 without elixers in otherworld, and 90-120 on elixers lol...

if you have any questions i can answer them, i am much better at specific answers than general info- if you read through the rogue forum i post quite alot
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I only played a Rogue to level 20, but came here because I saw pigman's post in General. I always find guides interesting.

As a non-Rogue, it looks like a decent guide. The only question I have (and it is a very small one) is wouldn't it be good for a young Rogue to spend the 200 or 300 gold at the vendor for an off hand dagger? (or buy from a player if possible). It would decrease the amount of time needed to kill, hence increasing the rate at which one levels and makes money.

I know they drop, but I think in over 100 levels playing my Druid, I only got one off hand dagger as a drop.

Or is an off hand dagger given in the quest line? I didn't play long enough to find out.
-------------
Dersu of Herne
lvl 135+ Druid (Double Helix Build)
Clan Infection... of the Britannians family of clans.

Having inadvertently done a similar route recently - with no lux, tho I had a drop equip that gave me +100 health and energy, here's some thoughts.
ok here it is... first few levels as you do the main quest line and grind in between pile your points 2 in dex one in hp and one in strength for the first while
continue as this untill you have 55 or so dex so that you can wear ancient lamellar, you also need to upgrade your energy whenever you start feeling energy starved, 30 should be enough
30 Focus is 187.5 Energy before equipped weight reduction. Let's say 160 or so. Would be enough for while tho I started running out of energy at around L50 - either use energy by using skills, or watch my health drop in extended, auto-dps, fights.
at a low level you need to save your gold, level as far as you can on your quest dagger (shoreline) then once you hit shalemont train on the skirmishers until you get a connacht dagger drop, as a rogue you should usually have double the strength as your vitality, though dexterity is also factored in at 55 for top ancient gear
As mentioned by previous poster, buy a off hand dagger (one is sold for like 480 in Catacombs)
because you have lower hp, avoid the connacht archers, do the quest line and focus on training on skirmishers, then the spear wilding connacht on the other side, then switch over to the ribbonswords/duellists around lvl 40 continue killing and upgrading your stats with the 3 strngth 2 vit build (dex should be 55 already)
I would recommend doing the greygore stone area at L40, where you will fight mobs from L39 (north of stone) to L42 (south of stone), then switching to south of river stone where you can fight L45-48 mobs. Even with using skills, fights are shorter when you're fighting mobs close to your level instead of +10 and greater which the ribbons would be (not to mention there are hmm 4 ribbons, 2 duellists, and 2 fencers (2 stars) there and then you get lots of archers that can replace the non ribbons).

once you tire of the ribbon swords and duellists move on through the connacht camps AVOIDING mages and archers as ranged attacks murder rogues often, kill the connacht horses as they are easy kills and grant good xp. when you have finished the shalemont questline you should be lvl 50 ish (remember to group up for harder mobs) up until this point you still should have spent 0 gold.
Totally agreed with the archers (and Ill be making a separate post about that lol) but disagree with the mages. With Connach dagger and NPC bought off hand, I can one-sneaky a same level mage 1 star. Sneaky + one more skill to for slightly higher ones. I'll almost always get hit once with a spell but that's pretty much it unless its a 3 star mage. Coldseers are specially fun because they cast Ice Lure on you after one damaging spell lol.

in terms of skills, until you have an ammy of some kind you should have a 2-3 points in meditate and recuperate, a few points in bandage helps recover quickly
This is where I messed up mine. I only have 1 on each meditate and recuperate and still no ammie :( So switched to Warrior for now until I get an ammie lol.

One last thing, I found that I Needed to use skills a lot, which meant needing focus/energy. Other wise, I can't do extended fights using auto-dps and not end up healing a Long time after. I would recommend using better than quest armor sooner than later.
World: Rhiannon