Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Developer dropping in to say Hi.

As someone involved in software development, I've been curious about some things.

What causes something completely unrelated to the game get broken after you put a patch or an update?

For example:

1. A server maintenance from a few weeks back somehow patched the live game with the beta code to level up every kill. How the heck does that happen?
2. Why would pirates' loot table all of a sudden have Modris Teeth - something that never existed in the live game and most likely a test item get through?
3. How can a vendor's buy back prices be reduced by 25-50% if it wasn't intended? Someone must have changed some multiplier and keyed in that number, no?

Just wondering if you guys have some version control software that prevents old or test modules/libraries from being compiled into the live game. It's just baffling.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

1. Due to a flaw in our deployment process, some untested code made it onto the live server. We're currently reviewing this process to make sure it's thoroughly tested in future before pushing it live.

2. I don't personally deal with loot tables in any way, shape or form so I can't comment.

3. Again, don't deal with loot tables and can't comment.

If you require any further information, I will try to, to the best of my knowledge, attempt to answer anything I can. Please PM me if this is the case. :)

1. Due to a flaw in our deployment process, some untested code made it onto the live server. We're currently reviewing this process to make sure it's thoroughly tested in future before pushing it live.

2. I don't personally deal with loot tables in any way, shape or form so I can't comment.

If you require any further information, I will try to, to the best of my knowledge, attempt to answer anything I can. Please PM me if this is the case. :)
Thanks for responding. One more question, who designs the Ui for CH? Whoever designed the inventory sorting system should play the game with 200 items and see how a pain it is you guys have been making us go through in the past 2 years.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I'm afraid I have no idea who designed the UI!

After the rush of getting the new graphics sorted out, hopefully we should have some time to sort out some of the matters facing players functionality-wise.

I'd, personally, really appreciate your opinion and insight on what features would be beneficial to address UI-wise such as the inventory sorting system. Do you mind if I PM you to discuss this?

Thanks in advance,
Ket.

Hello Jonsa, unfortunately I'm not that famous :( I'm more into the rock/metal music scene :P
Aw darn. Was hoping for a signature :( So are you related to anyone famous? Anyone that has a name like Kary or Margaret?
★ℚʊɛɛɳ øƒ Ғɑṩɧɪøɳ
iOS Player since 2011
Name: Killerado
World: Morrigan
I'm a Forums Guide, if you need help feel free to PM me
Rainbow Color
ケルトの戦士 (Keruto no senshi, Celtic Warriors)
Esquilax is the best!

Thanks for responding. One more question, who designs the Ui for CH? Whoever designed the inventory sorting system should play the game with 200 items and see how a pain it is you guys have been making us go through in the past 2 years.
So true, gl finding a ss manual between 100 other tomes...

Hello Jonsa, unfortunately I'm not that famous :( I'm more into the rock/metal music scene :P
Aw darn. Was hoping for a signature :( So are you related to anyone famous? Anyone that has a name like Kary or Margaret?
No one famous I'm afraid that I know of ! I'm not sure I even know anyone I could even consider famous! Boyfriend worked on the "Moshi Monster Village" title on mobile... With a few million downloads, I think that's all I got QQ

Oh Oh! I think I have a great aunt called Margaret. She's a twin. I think.... :?