Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a guide?

#21
Regenleif wrote:The people who were selected to be guides back in 2014 were mainly those active on the forums, back when it was common for active users have have 1%+ of all forum posts. Guide or not, almost all my PMs start with "Hey! I read your Druid guide...".

I believe OTM originally had plans to integrate guides further into the game and forums, however that never came to be. If VR chooses to expand the concept further, there are several I would nominate!

For those looking for further ways to help others, I recommend:
- making and maintaining a guide on your main class (probably the only reason people know me :lol: )
- mentoring players on your server
- helping others on 3rd party communication channels (I believe every class has a LINE group? There's a melee one, a DPS one too..)
- offering constructive, objective, and well-written feedback on ideas and implementations

Guide, moderator, admin, general, or not, those who carry weight in the CH community do so regardless of title.

Half of the guides were questionable, there was even one with less than twenty posts if I recall correctly.

It is a pointless position. What this forum needs is reputation where you can give reputation points on posts, thus, if someone has a high reputation then people will know if the poster is a veteran and knowledgeable.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: How to be a guide?

#22
LeGenDzZ wrote:
Regenleif wrote:The people who were selected to be guides back in 2014 were mainly those active on the forums, back when it was common for active users have have 1%+ of all forum posts. Guide or not, almost all my PMs start with "Hey! I read your Druid guide...".

I believe OTM originally had plans to integrate guides further into the game and forums, however that never came to be. If VR chooses to expand the concept further, there are several I would nominate!

For those looking for further ways to help others, I recommend:
- making and maintaining a guide on your main class (probably the only reason people know me :lol: )
- mentoring players on your server
- helping others on 3rd party communication channels (I believe every class has a LINE group? There's a melee one, a DPS one too..)
- offering constructive, objective, and well-written feedback on ideas and implementations

Guide, moderator, admin, general, or not, those who carry weight in the CH community do so regardless of title.

Half of the guides were questionable, there was even one with less than twenty posts if I recall correctly.

It is a pointless position. What this forum needs is reputation where you can give reputation points on posts, thus, if someone has a high reputation then people will know if the poster is a veteran and knowledgeable.

Like I said we should make everything with 9500+ posts req.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: How to be a guide?

#23
Guides are obviously seen as something more than just your grey name, someone said on this thread that it's a coincidence how two guides got given the moderator position. Plus, if I was going to pm someone asking for advice about the gameplay I'd rather pm a guide than some random person with a grey name. It's also psychological thing so why not.

Re: How to be a guide?

#24
Romeo wrote:Guides are obviously seen as something more than just your grey name, someone said on this thread that it's a coincidence how two guides got given the moderator position. Plus, if I was going to pm someone asking for advice about the gameplay I'd rather pm a guide than some random person with a grey name. It's also psychological thing so why not.


^^
CROM/Active
Burgoise - 201+ smol DPS Warrior
Siliske - 135+ Hybrid Druid

Epona/Inactive
YungShottie - 140 Ranger - Retired

Best farming methods, get 200k in 30 minutes.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Re: How to be a guide?

#25
Romeo wrote:Guides are obviously seen as something more than just your grey name, someone said on this thread that it's a coincidence how two guides got given the moderator position. .


This is because they’ve worked for years helping people with 0 gain and have proved they’re worthy of the title. Sure you might want to PM a guide but people need to work for it without expecting results instead of saying “I help people I think I need guide”

That’s the last thing VR will look for in a guide

Re: How to be a guide?

#26
Romeo wrote:Guides are obviously seen as something more than just your grey name, someone said on this thread that it's a coincidence how two guides got given the moderator position.

Can't speak for myself, but Bitey 100% deserves the moderator role. He's always been impartial and helpful for years.

He was also nominated many times in the volunteer thread, he would have gotten the role with or without being a guide.
Image


A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Re: How to be a guide?

#27
Theres a reason why the new moderators got their current status, not because they has the guide tag. Someone who asks for it and just wants to be a guide as a way to make his or her name seem more important should not become a guide.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Ranger 220
Mage 220
Warrior 201

Re: How to be a guide?

#28
Romeo wrote:Guides are obviously seen as something more than just your grey name, someone said on this thread that it's a coincidence how two guides got given the moderator position. Plus, if I was going to pm someone asking for advice about the gameplay I'd rather pm a guide than some random person with a grey name. It's also psychological thing so why not.

I think they were picked completely regardless of their guide role. I just nominated both as I thought both have been active for years, both helpful and to be honest I rather vote someone I have a bit of personal experience with and observed through a long time than someone Ive never seen (such as most guides). Armo and Bitey have been helpful at overall sub-forums as well as specific class-forums (Armo is mainly in mages), while Ive seen them on worlds forums too. Also personally talked to both and actually visited both's server to message them, and both were very nice (I was a member of Seed at lvl 23 before some rude person kicked me :p). Never got the vibe from them that bias will affect them and I think that ppl also need to be on more than general discussions.

Guides means nothing, Ive been offered the guide role twice (by whoever was on Kodelia, which I think was Morgana at the time as well as by Muldar) and refused both times because.... What difference would it make? Id not change a thing about my approach and Id just need to add the "pm me for any type of question" on my signature and its already limited to 255 characters. Instead I preferred to stay a normal member and at 5000 posts Muldar created the High Chieftain sub-title for it and thats pretty neat even tho meaningless, who knows whats there at 10000 (only one above it is Aileron and his subtitle is already a guide).
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: How to be a guide?

#29
Criminal wrote:
Romeo wrote:Guides are obviously seen as something more than just your grey name, someone said on this thread that it's a coincidence how two guides got given the moderator position. Plus, if I was going to pm someone asking for advice about the gameplay I'd rather pm a guide than some random person with a grey name. It's also psychological thing so why not.

I think they were picked completely regardless of their guide role. I just nominated both as I thought both have been active for years, both helpful and to be honest I rather vote someone I have a bit of personal experience with and observed through a long time than someone Ive never seen (such as most guides). Armo and Bitey have been helpful at overall sub-forums as well as specific class-forums (Armo is mainly in mages), while Ive seen them on worlds forums too. Also personally talked to both and actually visited both's server to message them, and both were very nice (I was a member of Seed at lvl 23 before some rude person kicked me :p). Never got the vibe from them that bias will affect them and I think that ppl also need to be on more than general discussions.

Guides means nothing, Ive been offered the guide role twice (by whoever was on Kodelia, which I think was Morgana at the time as well as by Muldar) and refused both times because.... What difference would it make? Id not change a thing about my approach and Id just need to add the "pm me for any type of question" on my signature and its already limited to 255 characters. Instead I preferred to stay a normal member and at 5000 posts Muldar created the High Chieftain sub-title for it and thats pretty neat even tho meaningless, who knows whats there at 10000 (only one above it is Aileron and his subtitle is already a guide).

You’re almost at 10k though. Only 390 more posts!
Image

Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Re: How to be a guide?

#30
Anyone can spam post numbers, and all reputation means is that forums become a popularity contest. Call me old fashioned but I think the content of someones post matters a lot more than who posted it. Let the logic and reasoning of the argument outweigh who says what.

Tag means nothing, post count means nothing, what matters is what you say and why you say it, and how you came to formulate what you said.
Gwydion - Guardian of Relentless
BobsYourUncle 224 Fire Mage

Stubborn 220 Warrior (Tank)

Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
boymclir wrote:Bob The God

Shadae wrote:This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?

CD Swapping since 2016

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests