Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How to be a guide?

It more sounds like you’re using this to become a guide

If you want so bad show that you’re helpful. I for one haven’t seen it

The title holds 0 value other than the fact you get seen as smart. even though everyone else can do what you do. Imo it’s pointless to have prob needs removal
I helped tons of people on Crom ingame and am willing to help more on forums. If I'm seen as someone who may know what they're talking about (as I've seen good bit of advice from people on forums that isn't quite up to snuff) I would be able to be reached out to more, instead of me happening across a thread, more can be steered in the right direction. The only personal gain I see is the blue letters and people can pm me and get strong advice on things. But if you insist it's not even a big deal, then why not make me guide? But what I want more than just letters is the sense of accomplishment I get when I give advice, give noobs my old lux, show them the best ways for things, ect. These are things I do and enjoy doing. I could do more if people see me as "that guy"
CROM/Active
Burgoise - 202+ smol DPS Warrior
Siliske - 170+ Hybrid Druid

Epona/Inactive
YungShottie - 170 Ranger - Retired

Best farming methods, get 200k in 30 minutes.
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

The title holds 0 value other than the fact you get seen as smart. even though everyone else can do what you do. Imo it’s pointless to have prob needs removal
I helped tons of people on Crom ingame and am willing to help more on forums. If I'm seen as someone who may know what they're talking about (as I've seen good bit of advice from people on forums that isn't quite up to snuff) I would be able to be reached out to more, instead of me happening across a thread, more can be steered in the right direction. The only personal gain I see is the blue letters and people can pm me and get strong advice on things. But if you insist it's not even a big deal, then why not make me guide? But what I want more than just letters is the sense of accomplishment I get when I give advice, give noobs my old lux, show them the best ways for things, ect. These are things I do and enjoy doing. I could do more if people see me as "that guy"
Really it sounds like you want the title as guide because you think it'll give you some prestige and make you feel special.

Most guides haven't been picked because they requested it and started taking about all the things they think they've done. They're usually recommended by others because they are well known on the forums as active and helpful.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I don't think y'all are picking up what I'm putting down
You think a blue title will suddenly make people think you are smarter than the rest of the community and start asking you for help.

Let’s get something across here, real “heroes” don’t wait for people to ask for help they do it before they ask. To put this into context, people ask questions on this forum all the time. Just respond to their topic, they don’t need to personally pm you to get help (or atleast they shouldn’t have to). As others have said the blue title doesn’t mean jack, many players who are knowledgeable about the game don’t use forums. It literally seems like you are looking for a way to flaunt your self proclaimed “knowledge” for some attention.
Herne:
Wardon- 220 Warrior
Cryptic- 220 Rogue

Epona:
Yeeticus- 220 Ranger

Really it sounds like you want the title as guide because you think it'll give you some prestige and make you feel special.

Most guides haven't been picked because they requested it and started taking about all the things they think they've done. They're usually recommended by others because they are well known on the forums as active and helpful.
Actually if I recall guides nominated themselves for it back then and thats why most of them are like the OP, looking for prestige. The good guides never needed that role.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I think I’m going to have to agree with the community here. Although it is really really really great that you try to help others, I would suggest continue helping others without the mindset of trying to become a guide. Like others mentioned, you can definitely help the community without the guide status and that’s what many folks have been doing for years. To me they- people who don’t actively ask for guide but helps others for the sake of helping others- are the ones that are most qualified to be guides.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

This thread got negative really quickly :lol:
The guide status first off has nothing to do with time in game or 3rd party messaging. It has to do with time on the forum. It’s something earned not requested.
Even then the title means nothing ther than that he admins think you have helped a lot. Any player can contribute and any player can help. Whether you are a guide or not you should help as much as you can.

I agree with everyone else here (shocking, ikr, when do I ever just agree with people ;) )
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

I’ll use the same ideaology I use to become ranks like guardian

It needs to be second nature. (No pun intended) you have to be selfless. expect no reward in return for the good deeds. If you want something for what you do then your main focus is to help people to get that, not help people because they need help

I recommend in general people follow that. Helping people for your own benefit questions whether you would have done the same without the good outcome

The people who were selected to be guides back in 2014 were mainly those active on the forums, back when it was common for active users have have 1%+ of all forum posts. Guide or not, almost all my PMs start with "Hey! I read your Druid guide...".

I believe OTM originally had plans to integrate guides further into the game and forums, however that never came to be. If VR chooses to expand the concept further, there are several I would nominate!

For those looking for further ways to help others, I recommend:
- making and maintaining a guide on your main class (probably the only reason people know me :lol: )
- mentoring players on your server
- helping others on 3rd party communication channels (I believe every class has a LINE group? There's a melee one, a DPS one too..)
- offering constructive, objective, and well-written feedback on ideas and implementations

Guide, moderator, admin, general, or not, those who carry weight in the CH community do so regardless of title.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!