Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Advice for a noob

So I'm level 23 and I have no idea what to do in this game. There doesn't seem to be any direction. I don't even know what quests to pursue as there is nothing to denote xp or level.

Any advice would be helpful.
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

Re: Advice for a noob

Just follow the quest lines and lvl to maybe lvl 50. You can do this rly fast and then search for a nice clan and get some new friends. After that you can lvl more and then start bossing with your clan.
Ephraim, 191 Dps Rogue
Bonfire!!!
Proud part of Resurgence/Arawn
aka Ezekiell

In my OP I expressed the quest lines being one of the problems. The quests provide no info on themselves. I really don't want to spend hours and hours on quests only to go half a level because the ones I have are so low level. I have many quests. I have no idea which ones to pursue. Why don't the quests give some indication of level or tell you how much xp you will get for completing them ?

Hi and welcome :)
Hope this helps a little..
You can see Farcrag Castle as your guideline, in the early game most of the quests start here.
As you move to the next map, shalemont ravine, then this will be your guide line.
If you just want to level level and level then search the maps for enemies approx 4 levels above your own.
Quest givers is showed on your "radar" as Exclamation marks (!) When you talk to them you can see if its quest line-quest or a mini-game (repeatable quest).
I dont know how to explain it any other way :)

Good luck and Happy Hunting out there :)
Scope
Belenus server

Hi, Thanks for that info! I am not new to MMOs so understand the questing systems however I've not played any MMO where the quests don't tell you their rewards. I also noticed that I can not abandon any quests so now I am stuck with this long list of quests most of which are probably unimportant now.

This tells me that questing is pretty irrelevant in this game as there is no coherent system. I will try your +4 level approach and see if that works well gaining me some progress.

go to all the people with the "!" above their heads and get all of the quests from them
then click the little triple swirly symbol on the left top corner of the screen and click on the quests button

you can view your quests and what you gotta do for them there
it should keep ya going until lvl 40-ish at which point all you should have left is the defector quest and a few others (2-3 quests)
Danu:
Deathreaver - level 136 Warrior
Flametongue - level 62 Mage

Hi, Thanks for that info! I am not new to MMOs so understand the questing systems however I've not played any MMO where the quests don't tell you their rewards. I also noticed that I can not abandon any quests so now I am stuck with this long list of quests most of which are probably unimportant now.

This tells me that questing is pretty irrelevant in this game as there is no coherent system. I will try your +4 level approach and see if that works well gaining me some progress.
Glad to help :)
Feel free to PM me in here if more info is needed.
Happy huntin'!
Scope

So I ended up starting over with a warrior, am now level 58 and have some more questions.

o I noticed some cool lux gear costing upwards of 200K gold. Is this stuff just unattainable unless you pay real
money to buy gold? I mean I grinded boars for like 10 levels and didn't get a single gold coin. I had to buy and
sell some plat items just to get a sword.

o Current skills: Pummel:15/15 | Protection:11/15 | Recupe:2/17 | Taunt 1:17 | Frenzy:1/15 | ShieldBash:15/15 | GiantSwing:15/15 | Meditate:2/17 || Current stats: Strenght:95 | Dex:60 | Focus: 80 | Vitality: 80
Is that ideal or am I very wrong?

o Should I have more skills than this at level 58? The only book seller I know about is in the castle and I have all of those books. No new ones have shown up for many many levels now.

o Does nothing ever drop for your class? I got one sword drop in 58 levels and thats it. I didn't even use it cause it sucked.

Thanks! Loving the game but there doesn't seem to be a lot of reward and making any kind of substantial money is all but impossible.

Boars dont drop gold, sorry about that :lol: You have to farm endlessly just to get luxury items about your lvl, I believe for a warrior usually its possible to have no lux until lvl 100... I never bought one plat and I'm lvl 120 ranger. Deaths Carress is a great place to farm for gold at your level, so don't try to farm anymore boars.
World- Sulis
FrostKnight- LVL 222 Ranger
FrostDagger- LVL 198 Rogue
Sancus- LVL 197 Mage

You have waaaaaay too much focus. Whenever you get your hands on a book of rebirth, change your stats a little. Concentrate more on just strength and vitality, and only as much focus as you need. Really shouldn't worry about dexterity, since you have the most armour out of all the classes, so getting hit wouldn't do much.

Edit: Dexterity does also increase chance of hitting, but your better off using those points in strength or vit.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.