Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#2
joshx87 wrote:I'm new around and i'm willing to make a solo worrier build because of some reasons how ever, is it possible in any form to build an worrier that can withstand some strong foes alone? I'm level 65 atm.


Of course! For a hybrid build, Protective Stance will be really helpful. You won't be able to use Frenzy with it, but the armor that Protective Stances gives you is well worth the loss of the damage/attack when soloing (in my opinion, as someone who usually doesn't use combos or buff elixirs when leveling). You can also put a few more points in vitality than usual, giving you more health and survivability.

Unfortunately, there's only so much that can be done - the more you switch to a tank build, the slower your damage is. It can be a tricky trade-off...you will survive longer, but it will also take slightly longer to kill things.

Also keep in mind that some of the harder mobs aren't necessarily meant to be soloed. 3-4* mobs are best tackled with a group, which is how Celtic Heroes is mostly intended to be played. There's nothing at all stopping you from trying to solo them, but any class other than a Ranger will probably struggle a bit. It may be easier just to avoid 3-4* mobs and focus on the easier ones, unless you can find someone else your level (or higher) to help take them down.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Retribution - Sulis
Sneaky o.O
Have questions about anything? PM me!

Latest Celtic Heroes Database Update: Character Creator! Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#3
Eragon123 wrote:
joshx87 wrote:I'm new around and i'm willing to make a solo worrier build because of some reasons how ever, is it possible in any form to build an worrier that can withstand some strong foes alone? I'm level 65 atm.


Of course! For a hybrid build, Protective Stance will be really helpful. You won't be able to use Frenzy with it, but the armor that Protective Stances gives you is well worth the loss of the damage/attack when soloing (in my opinion, as someone who usually doesn't use combos or buff elixirs when leveling). You can also put a few more points in vitality than usual, giving you more health and survivability.

Unfortunately, there's only so much that can be done - the more you switch to a tank build, the slower your damage is. It can be a tricky trade-off...you will survive longer, but it will also take slightly longer to kill things.

Also keep in mind that some of the harder mobs aren't necessarily meant to be soloed. 3-4* mobs are best tackled with a group, which is how Celtic Heroes is mostly intended to be played. There's nothing at all stopping you from trying to solo them, but any class other than a Ranger will probably struggle a bit. It may be easier just to avoid 3-4* mobs and focus on the easier ones, unless you can find someone else your level (or higher) to help take them down.

Thanks for the info, I will use it when I can

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#4
No. Speaking of low/mid lvls:
1. You have enough skillpoints to max 5 skills, 6 with gear. So you go tanking with Protective Stance, Defensive Formation, Enduring Guard and Bandage Wounds, and your dps would be Pummel and, say, Shield Bash (to give you chance to cast your Bandage Wounds) - other words, no dps.
2. For DPS skills you should max your Str, for tanking you should max your Vit. But if you just split your stats equally, both of your DPS and tanking skills will preform poorly.

You can make working hybrid build, but with like 180 lvl gear.

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#5
60% vitality 40% strength

Skills in priority:
Protective stance
Pummel
Double attack
Rupture (if you’re using blunt/axe)
Defence formation

This is soley my opinion so correct me if im wrong
Blzzrd 225+ Rogue
Aethra 180+ Rogue
Shivah 220+ Mage
Siege 150+ Warrior

Ascension of Danu

- Yet to lose a Mordris at the Dragon Carnage event
- looking to join Elementals so I can learn how to wipe gele
- looking to join Nuada so i can merge with Sulis

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#7
Noet wrote:No. Speaking of low/mid lvls:
1. You have enough skillpoints to max 5 skills, 6 with gear. So you go tanking with Protective Stance, Defensive Formation, Enduring Guard and Bandage Wounds, and your dps would be Pummel and, say, Shield Bash (to give you chance to cast your Bandage Wounds) - other words, no dps.
2. For DPS skills you should max your Str, for tanking you should max your Vit. But if you just split your stats equally, both of your DPS and tanking skills will preform poorly.

You can make working hybrid build, but with like 180 lvl gear.


Actually, if warrior skills still work like they used to (old lvl 50 skill formulas) and str and vit are still square rooted it doesn't really matter for your skills if you split your stat points. The most important is not to spread your skill points all over the place as they increase the effect exponentially, so your missing out if you don't have maxed skills when you could. If your already running 4 str skills and 1 vit then of course it will still be better to increase str, but if you run 2vit, 3str skills putting 25/25 str/vit might increase all your skills by a factor of 5 and doing 4:1 str/vit will change the factors to 3.2 for vit and 6.3 for str. That's a total increase in skills by a factor of 25 for scenario 1 and 6.4+18.9= 25.3 Really a negligible difference. Now since we don't actually know the formula's these numbers aren't real, but the effect is the same.

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#9
I'll tell u the hard truth, its the worst decision u can make.

Warrior lacks the ability to be good at either without going full out at either of those. Which is a balance needed so a dps warrior wont be able to tank in the slightest even unless he sacrifices an insane amount of dps. Its best to be either full dps, or full tank. A hybrid will only off tanks things that tbh even another class can tank, and his dps will be very low and wont help in lockfights as well. A full or full dps are both builds warriors shine at.
DPS Warrior


#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

MrScar wrote:Imperial gele sneaky ring is better than imperial divine ring :D

Re: Is it possible to become a mix of a tank and a dps worrier?

#10
Criminal wrote:I'll tell u the hard truth, its the worst decision u can make.

Tbh I think you’re being a little harsh... the reality is that what you’re talking about is only relevant if you think he’s asking can he be THE BEST tank and THE BEST DPS, which isn’t something you can achieve with a hybrid build, although presumably he only wants to tank when he has to and DPS the remaining time without having to constantly switch builds.


In which case it’s perfectly viable, I mean you’ll never get a kill but presumably you knew that when you asked the question. You’d just need some good swaps really that can make up for skill set switching somewhat, Godly Shields ring for example.

~ Also keep in mind it’s a level 65 asking this, his main goal will be leveling for the foreseeable future.

Frenzy / Defensive form is a nice level combo
Image


“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests