Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Endgame tanking misc

Wait till your server is killing BT. The new ammies and charms are unquestionably the best tank gear in the game.

The 200 armour from iron root aura is tiny in the scale of the game. Fully buffed and lixed tanks have what? 3k or 4K armour? 200 is nothing. I’d much much rather another lich ring with 150 vit 450 defence and all those evasions. Even if you notice that you are taking more damage, you are not taking into account the defence and evasions increase meaning both autos and skills hit you less.

Also huntsman rings are very over rated imo
4.3-4.5 depending on the druid is pretty standard for me, when I said the number range didn’t change with/without iron set I meant the damage numbers you actually see. But when the set is broken my hp bar was definitely dipping more then normal, typically I only fluctuate abt 10% of my hp with the occasional dip to 50%. It seemed with broken set and 3 lich rings that my hp was dipping a bit further than it does normally. As for huntsman ring I disagree, mine currently adds 714 (yes ik it doesn’t stack when lixed) but has a lot of room to go up, as I use edl helm mord hally and fairly low tier prot braces of dex vit def. With gele axe, better prot braces, and some new bt charm/neck (I honestly don’t know neck stats but someone said strong so I assume it has high def or dex) you could pretty easily pull 1k def from one ring slot. Percentage based items like it and reaper will only ever get better as new gear with higher numbers gets added into game. A void scale night helm alone would add 200 def from the ring. Whereas the strongest defence based ring in game adds 600 total, 30% from elix pushing it up to 780. I will happily always use my huntsman lol
i guess it is all about the trade offs. The huntsman ring may add 700 defence and has room to improve however that is all it will ever be. Defence. Imo a more rounded ring is better suited for tanking. The lich ring adds 150 vit (1k health) as well as every evasion for the loss of a few hundred defence. Imo 1k health, stronger skills and evasions is a pretty good trade off for 300 defence.
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: Endgame tanking misc

[/quote]i guess it is all about the trade offs. The huntsman ring may add 700 defence and has room to improve however that is all it will ever be. Defence. Imo a more rounded ring is better suited for tanking. The lich ring adds 150 vit (1k health) as well as every evasion for the loss of a few hundred defence. Imo 1k health, stronger skills and evasions is a pretty good trade off for 300 defence.[/quote]
My reasoning for siding with huntsman is that 1k hp more is less imp to me personally as most the bosses i tank are hitting over 1k autos typically 1.5-2k per hit with skills hitting 2-8k 8 being geles weirdo fire bolt. In this case 300 def is more imp to me as sure evades are nice but my phys is over 4K spell 2.5k 2.8 with 3rd lich ring, wounding 3.4k, moment weakening 1.1/1.2, with bless you feel pretty solid in terms of evades, esp since shield wall blocks most hard hitting skills for you. Autos will always be the biggest threat, its more of a sustainability choice for me

Ps ruined the quote, not gonna fix lmao