Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Immortal's Advanced Tanking Guide

Immortalius

Great guide. I really enjoyed it. I am more of a defence tank than HP - I only have 9k health - but thought this was really well written and super useful to almost any level of tank. Good luck

d5
d5
lvl193 warrior
lvl116 ranger
lvl111 mage
lvl110 druid
lvl178 rogue
lvl140 mage
lvl196 mage
lvl142 rogue

Thx for your positive feedback. Keep it coming

Will continue updating the guide with new info and pics
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
Immortalius Lvl 215+ Warrior
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis

Ya, I'd rather use a rad ring over a 50 vit ring or a royal+ sunfire ring.
Rhainnon

Yumius- Level 183+ DPS Warrior
JuliusYumius- Level 123+ DPS Rogue

Proud Member of Outliers Clan

"Only those who play win. Only those who risk win. History favors risk-takers. Forgets the timid. Everything else is commentary."
-Iveta Cherneva

Ya, I'd rather use a rad ring over a 50 vit ring or a royal+ sunfire ring.
Think about this. Imagine you had low HP and wanted to boost your HP and Defence with just rings and bracelets. You have access to 4x Radiant rings and godly sunfire hp rings plus 4x godly hrung braces, 2 that add 800hp and 2 that add 500 defence. If u equip 4x radiant rings and the 2x 800 hp braces, you end up with a total of 1000 defence and 1600 HP. On the other hand, if you equip 4x godly sunfire hp rings and 2x 500 defence braces you end up with a total of 1000 defence and 2000 Hp. If it were imperial rings, it would still be 1800hp, and royal would be 1600hp which is the same total. So a radiant ring is not necessarily better than a royal+ sunfire ring. It all depends on what gear you have available to you and what you choose to equip in the other slots. To add to this, there are situations where defence rings are better than HP, and situations where they arent useful at all (e.g. bosses with high skill damage) but there arent situations where extra hp isnt useful. So with all that considered, rad ring is not ranked higher in the setup. Doesnt mean its never more useful than HP rings. Ill put an "=" instead of ">" if that helps.
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis

You must also ask yourself if 200 hp is worth a descent defense trade-off. Btw, the halloween huntsman ring is a great investment if you're into high defense due to its +15% def bonus. If you have enough defense, it adds a lot on its own. I personally think health is over rated, not to be confused with 'useless'. In the end, do you really need the extra capacity? If you do, by all means pile up on health... But if you don't, you're not being maximizing your potential as a tank by waisting bonus slots.

Look at it this way. If a boss can take your health down from 12k to 3k, do you really think your capacity is as important as say maybe your ability to prevent the damage? If you change your setup and hit only 10k health, you may then go as low as 4k health in that same amount of time; even still going down to 3k is an improvement since your total health lost has been reduced from 9k to 7k. This is just an extreme example but I think you catch my drift.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

You must also ask yourself if 200 hp is worth a descent defense trade-off. Btw, the halloween huntsman ring is a great investment if you're into high defense due to its +15% def bonus. If you have enough defense, it adds a lot on its own. I personally think health is over rated, not to be confused with 'useless'. In the end, do you really need the extra capacity? If you do, by all means pile up on health... But if you don't, you're not being maximizing your potential as a tank by waisting bonus slots.

Look at it this way. If a boss can take your health down from 12k to 3k, do you really think your capacity is as important as say maybe your ability to prevent the damage? If you change your setup and hit only 10k health, you may then go as low as 4k health in that same amount of time; even still going down to 3k is an improvement since your total health lost has been reduced from 9k to 7k. This is just an extreme example but I think you catch my drift.
Hunstman ring definately should be there. The gear part of the guide doesnt have all the gear there, wouldve looked too messy. Need to find a better way to write it up so i can put a complete list. Will work on that.

Im with you on what you said. I think wer on the same page just conveying it differently. 10k HP is sufficient to start piling up defence. What i meant is you start building you toon with minimum possible gear to reach the required HP then fill up the rest of the slots with gear that boosts defence and other attributes.

Here is a build ive been working on in the last few days, still dont have the best gear available but getting there. What i did here is get the high hp first then start building defence. I ended up with 10.3k HP and almost 4k defence with def formation cast. Armor value still good as well:
Compared to my previous build, i only lost a few hundred HP but gained almost double defence. So not sacrificing HP is the key. I wouldnt be happy dropping down to 8k hp for instance to boost defence. The added str is not purposeful, just happens to be extra stat on helm. And dex is from mord spear, dont have any other options at the moment.

Still room for improvement with this build, just need to get lucky with mord and hrung drops. So far tried on aggy and hrung and dodged quite a bit, will try on mord later but it seems like 4k+ defence finally did it. Notice that i didnt need to invest any points into DEX.

Might add a more detailed build section in the guide as it seems to be the most important and useful bit.
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis

I didn't say "dex" ;)

"Ive used dex/def since the day i tanked in catacombs..."
"Its no secret i use dex/def..."

And few other posters said they use dex/def builds. If you meant dex obtained from gear only, then my bad. There are however tanks that put small amounts of dex in their builds. Just saying its not necessary.
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis

I would obviously use a godly sunfire ring over one of my rings... Probably my 50 vit... But how many have you seen? Best I've actually seen is royal. I use huntsman ring, radiant ring, 75 vit ring, and 50 vit ring. I prefer the tanking style blaze uses, why have the capability to take so much damage when you can just not take it?
Rhainnon

Yumius- Level 183+ DPS Warrior
JuliusYumius- Level 123+ DPS Rogue

Proud Member of Outliers Clan

"Only those who play win. Only those who risk win. History favors risk-takers. Forgets the timid. Everything else is commentary."
-Iveta Cherneva

I would obviously use a godly sunfire ring over one of my rings... Probably my 50 vit... But how many have you seen? Best I've actually seen is royal. I use huntsman ring, radiant ring, 75 vit ring, and 50 vit ring. I prefer the tanking style blaze uses, why have the capability to take so much damage when you can just not take it?
Did u look at the build i posted above? Btw my ring setup is exactly the same as yours except an imperial sunfire instead of the 50 vit. Not sure why u disagreeing lol we probably all have similar builds, all i was saying is its not necessarily better, its all about how you combine your gear. I've separated the ring slots out. Defence rings are now ranked separately, doesn't make much sense to compare a defence ring with a HP ring.
Last edited by Immortalius on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis