Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A Few Questions About Tanks

Hey guys, I am a level 49 warrior and I recently became interested in this tanking thing, but I have a few questions. First, what is a good stat build? I currently have 50 Str, 30 Dex, 30 Foc, and 150 Vit. If anyone has any tips about this, help would be greatly appreciated. Second, what kind of weapons do you guys use? One-handed or two-handed? I recently bought an ancient greatsword, but it is a little slow, and I was wondering if tanks are better suited using, for example, an ancient falchion and tower shield. Finally, what skills do you guys use most? I usually use Bandage Wounds, Meditate, Recuperate, Pummel, and Giant Swing. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Blazedawg
Blazedawg - Level 100+ Warrior
Jethro - Level 56+ Druid
BlazingSparks - Level 51+ Ranger
BlazedawgX - Level 41+ Rogue

EPONA, Loyal Clansman of PandeMoanium

Deuteronomy 20:1

Re: A Few Questions About Tanks

A tanks most important task is to have so much hp and armor it can get. Thats why you should use a one handed weapon so you can have a shield in the other hand. The best shield could you get in the lux shop in farcrags castle. Iam a lvl 88 warrior and play as a tank and my stats is Strength: 100 Dexterity: 65 Focus: 40 and Vitality: 255. I dont know if it is the best, you could take less points on strength if you want that and maybe put on dexterity which even help the defence. The best skill you could have as a tank is Protective stance which raise your armor a lot. The better melee combat ability you have the more armor do you get and a good way to train up that ability is to use pummel and giant swing. Hope that will help!
Phill
Level 107 Warrior on Epona
Member of theBlackWatch

My build varies from time to time but presently is similar to Phils.
I'll also add that tanking you want to gather as much resists as you can when fighting elemental mobs. You wont have to worry about that for a while though.
My advice to you is to simply level up as fast as you can to 85+ and then worry about tanking. For the most part, unless you're on a brand new server you wont be used as a tank on anything very special until you're level 70 or better.
Catacombs bosses you can tank at 35 if you're built and geared properly
Shalemont Bosses are tough but plan on 50ish to tank most of them on defector quest if you have a good group
Stonevale bosses, plan on being level 80+ to tank them.
It can be done at earlier levels or later but these are a general guideline of what you can expect.
Keep prot stance up all the time while tanking and please never tank with a 2h wep. Your healer will thank you. If you're serious about tanking get points into taunt and prot stance and giant swing.
Nasim

98 Warrior
Rosemerta
Epic

On mabon I'm the best tank... I am level 85 I have 2039 health, full bloodstrike, and I tank with ancient great axe:P my stats are:
Strength: 60
Dexterity: 65
Focus: 45
Vitality: 275

Health: 2039
Energy: 120
Attack: 900
Defense: 130
Damage: 370

I don't need the golden shield of valor my Druids have no problem keeping me alive
Zagic lvl 185 mage
Zhealer lvl 100 druid
Zrute lvl 94 warrior
Zologolas lvl 82 ranger
Zhief lvl 57 rouge
clan Wolfgang
world mabon

Here's my advice on tanking: I play a lvl 87 warrior in Lugh myself tanking against Spirehoof and Falgren a group of 4 including myself took both out without a single healer we had 2 warriors of the same lvl a ranger and a rogue only the rogue had the full warden set the rest of us are missing our torso and weapon with them only casting bandage wounds on me and my stats at 145 strength, 110 dext, 55 focus, and 145 vitality I used maybe 2 idols on falgren and 0 on spirehoof we used no health potions I use the ancient battle axe with a golden blade of battle or golden shield of valor depending on the boss and I have no trouble at all without Druids so there's a few different tank setups that get the job done that being said my axe ability and melee combat are maxed out and I use protective stance, giant swing, and pummel I basically tank with around 1300 attack, 250 defense, 180 energy, and 1400 health unless I happen to use an armour or defense pot/elixer which I usually don't need but that being said tanking on spirehoof is relatively easier than say falgren or any of the big wisps like fellfire make sure to have high resistances and armour and you should be able to tank well by lvl 80 as the others have mentioned and even though my setup is far different it works wonders for me and I'm sure the others do as well
Character: Gorgon, lvl 92, Chieftain of BloodLetters, Lugh