Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Who's the best tank?

Hello this is SireBlade from the world server Mabon and i was wondering who is the best tank in your world server? Im like second of third. Kayle and Boromir r the best tanks even though im a higher lvl warrior then them.

Name: Sire Blade
lvl: 56
Class: Warrior
Server: Mabon
Clan: Nemesis

Re: Who's the best tank?

Well in Herne I can't realy say because my clan is pretty much the only clan that can kill the bosses in catacombs and I usualy tank,but who knows there's probly some one who can tank better than me in Herne but there are few Druids in Herne and most of the high Lv Druids are in shadowknights and we try to avoid hunting with other clans to keep the drops in the clan and give it to whoever needs it
NAME-Darlington
CLASS-warrior lv60
CLAN-shadowknights(chieftain)

For those of us with less MMORPG experience, this is a good opportunity to ask, "What makes a good tank"?

I think I got a lesson this weekend when Incarnation Of Donn tore through our tank pretty quickly. I suddenly realized that without a ton of armour, the damage comes so fast that even the best healer can't keep up. So very high health and very high armour. Got that. What about damage? Does that matter? I see references above/below to hammer abilities and I can assume a tank has to be able to do reasonable damage or they won't be able to hold the target's interest for very long while others attack....at least not without some taunt spells and a head start.

Anything else go into making someone a good tank?
Athos, Rogue, Arawn
Myrddin, Mage, Arawn
Talon, Warrior, Mabon

For those of us with less MMORPG experience, this is a good opportunity to ask, "What makes a good tank"?

I think I got a lesson this weekend when Incarnation Of Donn tore through our tank pretty quickly. I suddenly realized that without a ton of armour, the damage comes so fast that even the best healer can't keep up. So very high health and very high armour. Got that. What about damage? Does that matter? I see references above/below to hammer abilities and I can assume a tank has to be able to do reasonable damage or they won't be able to hold the target's interest for very long while others attack....at least not without some taunt spells and a head start.

Anything else go into making someone a good tank?
Good dexterity too because you need to be able to hit your target and it improves your def rating. A tank that can dodge is GREAT. You can have 5k health but without armor or defense that will still fall pretty quickly.