Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gele axe

#21
Elfylolz wrote:
Robert wrote:
Wardon-CH wrote:What's this supposed to mean lol? Without gear edl sword probably/might compete with a void gele axe.

So I was offering you the chance to elaborate your position beyond "Gele axe build over edl sword build always." before offering the counter argument, however you have chosen not to do so so here goes on why EDL Sword is superior.

In this post I'm going to be calculating the damages with 4 damage factors: Mainhand, Offhand, Aura damage bonus and Food (Exquisite Barabrith in this example):

The Gele Axe is 9% slower than the EDL Sword -
So let's quantify the speed difference: The Axe is 9% Slower than the sword, so 9% relative damage will be added to the end value (Excl. DS)

Next, a divine strike has a 5% proc chance and hits 3000, so every 22 seconds 1 divine strike hits = 136 Divine DPS


EDL Sword
175 Slash
1100 Attack speed (Rounded from 1104)
5% Proc chance

Dark Axe
190 Slash
1200 Attack Speed
180 Elemental

CG OH
40 Slash
250 Divine

Aura Bonus
200 Divine

Food Bonus
144 Pierce

So accounting for the speed difference -
EDL Sword:
391 Physical and 490 Divine damage, with an additional 136 Divine damage per second (DS).

Dark Gele Axe:
374 Physical and 450 Divine damage, with an additional 150 Fire damage per second.

TL;DR The attack speed bonus from the EDL sword heavily offsets any physical/Elemental bonus from the axe.

KEEP IN MIND ANY GEAR COMPARISON NEEDS TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 9% BONUS IN ATTACK SPEED THE SWORD HAS
-For example a Runic Necklace using a sword vs an axe is 261 heat damage.

Also didn't factor in gele axe skill
why would he? Its a dps loss in almost every situation
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Arawn
Ventius - some level 227 noob in badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Re: Gele axe

#22
Ventius wrote:
Elfylolz wrote:Also didn't factor in gele axe skill
why would he? Its a dps loss in almost every situation

Few places I like to use it BT with cloak up or gele xtals with mlure it works really well on but, I agree dps loss most of the time.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

Re: Gele axe

#23
Ventius wrote:
Elfylolz wrote:
Robert wrote:So I was offering you the chance to elaborate your position beyond "Gele axe build over edl sword build always." before offering the counter argument, however you have chosen not to do so so here goes on why EDL Sword is superior.

In this post I'm going to be calculating the damages with 4 damage factors: Mainhand, Offhand, Aura damage bonus and Food (Exquisite Barabrith in this example):

The Gele Axe is 9% slower than the EDL Sword -
So let's quantify the speed difference: The Axe is 9% Slower than the sword, so 9% relative damage will be added to the end value (Excl. DS)

Next, a divine strike has a 5% proc chance and hits 3000, so every 22 seconds 1 divine strike hits = 136 Divine DPS


EDL Sword
175 Slash
1100 Attack speed (Rounded from 1104)
5% Proc chance

Dark Axe
190 Slash
1200 Attack Speed
180 Elemental

CG OH
40 Slash
250 Divine

Aura Bonus
200 Divine

Food Bonus
144 Pierce

So accounting for the speed difference -
EDL Sword:
391 Physical and 490 Divine damage, with an additional 136 Divine damage per second (DS).

Dark Gele Axe:
374 Physical and 450 Divine damage, with an additional 150 Fire damage per second.

TL;DR The attack speed bonus from the EDL sword heavily offsets any physical/Elemental bonus from the axe.

KEEP IN MIND ANY GEAR COMPARISON NEEDS TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 9% BONUS IN ATTACK SPEED THE SWORD HAS
-For example a Runic Necklace using a sword vs an axe is 261 heat damage.

Also didn't factor in gele axe skill
why would he? Its a dps loss in almost every situation

Not in every situation, just most so it's useful at times lol
Image

Re: Gele axe

#24
Beast25 wrote:@Robert those calculations are great but doesn't factor in skills at all which axe has the advantage in every skill. That will only grow as you upgrade your fates/axe not to mention the skill points from havocs are quite useful.

Physical resists can be up to 94% resisted on raids, im struggling to see how even a 45 Physical bonus is going to overcome the 170 Divine damage bonus - that can potentially be more than over 3000 pre-resist Physical damage.
Image


“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Re: Gele axe

#25
Robert wrote:
Beast25 wrote:@Robert those calculations are great but doesn't factor in skills at all which axe has the advantage in every skill. That will only grow as you upgrade your fates/axe not to mention the skill points from havocs are quite useful.

Physical resists can be up to 94% resisted on raids, im struggling to see how even a 45 Physical bonus is going to overcome the 170 Divine damage bonus - that can potentially be more than over 3000 pre-resist Physical damage.


I'm saying your divine damage calculation is flawed because it doesn't take into account skills (Time spent not autoing) and I think 3000 per proc is a bit of a reach a number like 2400 seems better to me.

As I said before with those calculations no skills are taken into account so frenzy, shatter, rupture, double, and pummel are all boosted with axe.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

Re: Gele axe

#26
Beast25 wrote:
Robert wrote:
Beast25 wrote:@Robert those calculations are great but doesn't factor in skills at all which axe has the advantage in every skill. That will only grow as you upgrade your fates/axe not to mention the skill points from havocs are quite useful.

Physical resists can be up to 94% resisted on raids, im struggling to see how even a 45 Physical bonus is going to overcome the 170 Divine damage bonus - that can potentially be more than over 3000 pre-resist Physical damage.


I'm saying your divine damage calculation is flawed because it doesn't take into account skills (Time spent not autoing) and I think 3000 per proc is a bit of a reach a number like 2400 seems better to me.

As I said before with those calculations no skills are taken into account so frenzy, shatter, rupture, double, and pummel are all boosted with axe.

Ur wrong. Surprised criminal hasn’t prevented you from further embarrassing yourself
Nuada:
King - 223 warrior (BT helm)

BobTheMage "Swaps are DPS loss"

Re: Gele axe

#27
Corrupt wrote:
Beast25 wrote:
Robert wrote:Physical resists can be up to 94% resisted on raids, im struggling to see how even a 45 Physical bonus is going to overcome the 170 Divine damage bonus - that can potentially be more than over 3000 pre-resist Physical damage.


I'm saying your divine damage calculation is flawed because it doesn't take into account skills (Time spent not autoing) and I think 3000 per proc is a bit of a reach a number like 2400 seems better to me.

As I said before with those calculations no skills are taken into account so frenzy, shatter, rupture, double, and pummel are all boosted with axe.

Ur wrong. Surprised criminal hasn’t prevented you from further embarrassing yourself

Kinda hard for someone from your server to prevent you from embarrassing yourself more when they're all banned .-.
Image

Re: Gele axe

#28
Corrupt wrote:
Beast25 wrote:
Robert wrote:Physical resists can be up to 94% resisted on raids, im struggling to see how even a 45 Physical bonus is going to overcome the 170 Divine damage bonus - that can potentially be more than over 3000 pre-resist Physical damage.


I'm saying your divine damage calculation is flawed because it doesn't take into account skills (Time spent not autoing) and I think 3000 per proc is a bit of a reach a number like 2400 seems better to me.

As I said before with those calculations no skills are taken into account so frenzy, shatter, rupture, double, and pummel are all boosted with axe.

Ur wrong. Surprised criminal hasn’t prevented you from further embarrassing yourself


Please explain how anything I said was wrong. I'm happy to listen and learn if that's the case that's what this is for. All you've done on this thread is insult people and say "you're wrong" with no backing to anything you are saying.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

Re: Gele axe

#29
Beast25 wrote:
Corrupt wrote:
Beast25 wrote:
I'm saying your divine damage calculation is flawed because it doesn't take into account skills (Time spent not autoing) and I think 3000 per proc is a bit of a reach a number like 2400 seems better to me.

As I said before with those calculations no skills are taken into account so frenzy, shatter, rupture, double, and pummel are all boosted with axe.

Ur wrong. Surprised criminal hasn’t prevented you from further embarrassing yourself


Please explain how anything I said was wrong. I'm happy to listen and learn if that's the case that's what this is for. All you've done on this thread is insult people and say "you're wrong" with no backing to anything you are saying.

You’re wrong because firstly, a divine strike is up to 3000. Just like how the pre-resist damage on the dark axe is 180. The large difference being that divine damage is true damage.

And then there’s the 170 divine damage per second misunderstanding from yourself.

Physical can be up to 94% resisted. Let’s call it 95% to
Make it simpler - That means 150 Divine damage per second can be equal to 3,000 Slash damage - pre resist.

The divine damage is a pretty insurmountable hill to climb, although admittedly there are some use cases where the Elemental damage is particularly potent.
Image


“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

Re: Gele axe

#30
Robert wrote:
Beast25 wrote:
Corrupt wrote:Ur wrong. Surprised criminal hasn’t prevented you from further embarrassing yourself


Please explain how anything I said was wrong. I'm happy to listen and learn if that's the case that's what this is for. All you've done on this thread is insult people and say "you're wrong" with no backing to anything you are saying.

You’re wrong because firstly, a divine strike is up to 3000. Just like how the pre-resist damage on the dark axe is 180. The large difference being that divine damage is true damage.

And then there’s the 170 divine damage per second misunderstanding from yourself.

Physical can be up to 94% resisted. Let’s call it 95% to
Make it simpler - That means 150 Divine damage per second can be equal to 3,000 Slash damage - pre resist.

The divine damage is a pretty insurmountable hill to climb, although admittedly there are some use cases where the Elemental damage is particularly potent.


I guess I misunderstood your wording in your original post.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests