Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Whats best Tank Pet

I will admit I was not aware that one of the roots had good tank stats. Following this I decided to get one myself to try it and I must say I do love the higher Vit and Def. Though Boar is barely worse. I will post my roots skill boost when I max ability. What it does is boost physical resists to the people in your circle. The skill doesn't boosts the resists of the caster but the root has base stats physical resist boost for the caster. Energy is an issue I find myself using pots for energy more often than HP. Maybe I will get phoenix for the resists when I get more gold. I have to suppress my lust for def and Vit lol.
Last edited by Xsyklz on Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Physical resists are meh, the biggest reason why the salveroot wasn’t an obvious choice for a tank pet. The extra defense is great, makes for a really good stat page, but doesn’t really provide more value than the energy from a Phoenix. A tank who swaps or has a decent shield wall recast would know the struggle :? Overall, I’d say Phoenix is the best all round tank pet, salveroot the best pet for a really good stat page and bunny/pig the best pet for self-sustaining tanks.
    World-Gwydion
    Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
    Prominence (Warrior Lvl 220)
    Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
    Clan-Relentless

Physical resists are meh, the biggest reason why the salveroot wasn’t an obvious choice for a tank pet. The extra defense is great, makes for a really good stat page, but doesn’t really provide more value than the energy from a Phoenix. A tank who swaps or has a decent shield wall recast would know the struggle :? Overall, I’d say Phoenix is the best all round tank pet, salveroot the best pet for a really good stat page and bunny/pig the best pet for self-sustaining tanks.
    I consider tank Energy Issues, no matter how bad they are, to be completely irrelevant for tanking. I do have lv50 shield wall with 30% CD ring. If I'm ever low on energy I will either use a hero energy lix or spam pots whatever it takes to alleviate my personal energy issue. For the pure purpose of alleviating the druid's eed to heal me, and overall survability Root is the best. Not to say I don't see value in energy focus or energy Regen. I have a lv6 Gold Hare a lv6 Tan Boar and now a lv6 Green Root. I find myself never using Boar now, Root has taken it's place as my primary pet. Hare is still my secondary pet for tanking adds at prot and gele. But anytime that I know I'm tanking something more formidable I use Root for example Blazeroots Voltroots and if I'm Main tank at all high lv endgame.

I consider tank Energy Issues, no matter how bad they are, to be completely irrelevant for tanking. I do have lv50 shield wall with 30% CD ring. If I'm ever low on energy I will either use a hero energy lix or spam pots whatever it takes to alleviate my personal energy issue. For the pure purpose of alleviating the druid's eed to heal me, and overall survability Root is the best. Not to say I don't see value in energy focus or energy Regen. I have a lv6 Gold Hare a lv6 Tan Boar and now a lv6 Green Root. I find myself never using Boar now, Root has taken it's place as my primary pet. Hare is still my secondary pet for tanking adds at prot and gele. But anytime that I know I'm tanking something more formidable I use Root for example Blazeroots Voltroots and if I'm Main tank at all high lv endgame.
    I guess it’s personal preference then :) I haven’t really seen a need for the extra defense the salveroot provides, seems pretty redundant, though I do agree a lot of tanks like having it! I have never missed having it when using a Phoenix, since it’s skill and useful resists seem to more than make up for it. Now, if I did have a smaller defense pool, Id have picked the root in a heartbeat, but once you get to the point where adding a ton of defense starts giving diminishing results, an all round pet seems like a more viable purchase than a purely stat oriented one. As I said before though, it’s completely upto the tanks personal preference.
      World-Gwydion
      Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
      Prominence (Warrior Lvl 220)
      Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
      Clan-Relentless

My lust is much too strong LMAO. I already have really high def but I can't ever get enough. It's really the combination of HP and Def that I love so much. I might try full dex one day lol. With elemental resist from BT charm already I'd consider 480 Def superior to I believe 250 ish to all elemental resists? But I do get the skill and focus can sway either way. Phoenix is the only pet with poison resist right. That's pretty op. I'll make a new thread when I get to really experience phoenix as tank.

I guess I’ve gotta be that guy to recommend the pig. I haven’t had to pot or lix for energy since I got it. 612 energy every 15 sec is A+
      Sasuke579 - Warrior Lv220 - Main
      Smirk - Rogue Lv120 - Alternate
      Payload - Mage lv175 - Alternate
      World: Mabon
      Clan: Novalis
      Raid Strategist
      --------------------------------
      Nastystonze - Rogue Lv112
      World: Danu