Net Damage Formula

(Dmg/AS)x[Hp/(Dmg/AS)-(R/3)] > |Hp|

Blue: Your stat
Red: Opponent's Stat
Dmg= The average damage dealt on the target
AS= Attack speed (In seconds)
Hp= Health
R= Health per tick

This formula will calculate the total damage dealt by your character if you know the required values for each variable. If the left side of the equation is negative, change it to a positive and change the right side's value to a negative. This is because the right side of the equation has two possible values.

This formula will help you in balancing your character for maximum damage per life (best stats possible). Keep in mind that each mob deals differant types damage and has different defences (eg. Slash, Crush, Pierce, ect).

There are other factors that contribute to the outcome of battle, like missing/dodging/parrying, heals, and skill attacks.

Note: This equation not only tells you of the result (Needs alot of work), but also how close to the kill you get if you are not able to kill the mob.
Last edited by Sir Blaze333 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Re: Net Damage Formula

Too mannehhh variables. Armor isn't even listed here.
Rosmerta
Formerly the original Eo.
iOS Beta Tester Pre-Otherworld
Currently KEnergy
Been a Part of the Greatest Clans in Rosmerta through the thick and thin.
Templars - TemplarElites - Synergy - KSksers - Alliance - United - Revenge - Mythology

Too mannehhh variables. Armor isn't even listed here.
Dmg does not mean the damage stat listed. I said it's the average damage dealt...

As for the missing variables, i will try to get as many as i can into the equation. I did say that it is for general use
(Returning Player)

You're missing Player's Defense, Player's Weapon skill and/or Dex, Opponents Defense, and Opponents Damage output (to include attack speed, etc).

Your damage could be better than their hp, but there is no correlation of your life lost to the opponents damage output, your chance to hit, nor opponents defense.

You have a decent start, but the equation needs more work. Keep up the good work :D
-------ALDHELM -------- lvl 95 Rogue ------- God of Damage ------- Crom ------- AZURA ------- lvl 61 Druid ------- Noob Heals ------- Tanaris -------

You're missing Player's Defense, Player's Weapon skill and/or Dex, Opponents Defense, and Opponents Damage output (to include attack speed, etc).

Your damage could be better than their hp, but there is no correlation of your life lost to the opponents damage output, your chance to hit, nor opponents defense.

You have a decent start, but the equation needs more work. Keep up the good work :D
There is no calculation for damage yet...
Dmg= The average damage dealt on the target
(Returning Player)