Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rogues in identity crisis?

I took a break from CH for over a year and recently began playing it again.

Rogues no longer seem to be the vaunted damage dealers they used to be when compared to other classes. Boss kills tend to go to rangers or mages the majority of the time, (at least when I am in the lock group where I can see who got the kill).
I know gear and build play a significant role, so I am curious if my observations are correct here.

Additionally, it seems like more and more bosses and mobs are built in such a way that rogues are pretty ineffective against them (Proteus seems to be an extreme example of this).
All of this has had the impact (relative to other classes) of having nerfed rogues rather significantly.
As a result, I find it much less enjoyable to play as a rogue.

Are my observations fairly accurate, or am I off base?
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: Rogues in identity crisis?

Aside from shadow strike at some bosses, rogues are still the same. Proteus is different because of the running you have to do or have your attack suffer. Mages do get kills but if they're getting more kills than rogues most the time then they have a horrible gear issue
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Since when do mages get boss kills excluding event? If that's happening on your server then your rogues are doing something really wrong.
Their rogues and rangers must be doing sonething really wrong lol
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Ice mages usually get kill on 205 and 210 EDL, sometimes even on 215 if the ice mage gear is really good compared to a rogue/ranger. Even banebrands are mage kills for us.

Not sure if Kril is talking about Hrung/Mord/Necro/Proteus/Gelebron. Hardly ever seen a mage kill, im sure it happens once in awhile in some server or the other given the infinite variable of circumstances. Even a dps warrior or druid can get a raid boss kill, but those bosses are typically a rogue or ranger kill.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Ice mages usually get kill on 205 and 210 EDL, sometimes even on 215 if the ice mage gear is really good compared to a rogue/ranger. Even banebrands are mage kills for us.

Not sure if Kril is talking about Hrung/Mord/Necro/Proteus/Gelebron. Hardly ever seen a mage kill, im sure it happens once in awhile in some server or the other given the infinite variable of circumstances. Even a dps warrior or druid can get a raid boss kill, but those bosses are typically a rogue or ranger kill.
I am from Gwydion and other then legacies and banes I don't really see any mage kills. But prot, gele and necro are usually ranger and mord and hrung usually go to rogues but it can vary between ranger and rogue on most bosses besides prot.
“In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
— The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

Gwydion
Rogue: FlameBlade21- 223+
Ranger: Ethain- 215+
Mage: Stump 211+

Epona
Rogue: Caliber 217+