Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why do rogues call agro so quick

#12
Daledo wrote:You obviously dont know how to use distract correctly.

Hmmm, tap the rocks on your skill hotbar. Like I said distract is a waste of time and points, High king boggan hits my rogue hard. 3-4 hits I'm done in full frozen with 3.2k hp so I doubt your rogue would be any different.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: Why do rogues call agro so quick

#13
Continuum wrote:
Daledo wrote:Im sick of no rogues on the server using distract. Its there for a reason.


do you even have a rogue?? most of the skill points we get are put into all the dps skills: shadowstrike, qs, sneaky, assassinate, (sometimes) fast reflex and poison weapon, and riposte. we dont have enough points to put into distract if we want to max those other skills. the whole purpose of a rogue is dps.


+1
with limited points, i would rather invest on skills to kill!
BluePapaBear - 164+ Rogue - Rhiannon

Re: Why do rogues call agro so quick

#14
Continuum wrote:
Daledo wrote:Im sick of no rogues on the server using distract. Its there for a reason.


do you even have a rogue?? most of the skill points we get are put into all the dps skills: shadowstrike, qs, sneaky, assassinate, (sometimes) fast reflex and poison weapon, and riposte. we dont have enough points to put into distract if we want to max those other skills. the whole purpose of a rogue is dps.


While I get your point and its a good argument, I can also equally say, the whole purpose of a mage is dps. (most mages will agree and lets not include how other classes think of mages, lol), they also don't enough points to put into energy boost if they wan to max those other *damage* skills. But mages have been told to suck it and stop whining about energy cost as they have skills to cover it.

So if this statement applied to mages it should do the same for rogues
MorphMarfa has retired from Celtic Heroes and most probably wont be resurfacing. He had a enjoyable time during his druid adventures in Taranis.

Lv 182+ Druid : Taranis

Re: Why do rogues call agro so quick

#15
The limited points argument doesnt cut it for me. Its one skill.

What class has every point in dps skills?

I play my ranger most, and always have bola and light heal. Thats 2 skills not doing dmg. I think you can take the fall and get a 1/2 useful distract.

Also, distract should not be delayed for use when one gets aggro. You use it BEFORE you get aggro, ensuring you the mov doesnt even turn on u. I could see this hurting energy spendage but have no recent xp to expand further.

Lastly, since the recent furious sweep aoes, i guess you are going to die anyway, and my point is quite useless.

I retract all statements, lol. :)

Re: Why do rogues call agro so quick

#18
Daledo wrote:The limited points argument doesnt cut it for me. Its one skill.

What class has every point in dps skills?

I play my ranger most, and always have bola and light heal. Thats 2 skills not doing dmg. I think you can take the fall and get a 1/2 useful distract.

Also, distract should not be delayed for use when one gets aggro. You use it BEFORE you get aggro, ensuring you the mov doesnt even turn on u. I could see this hurting energy spendage but have no recent xp to expand further.

Lastly, since the recent furious sweep aoes, i guess you are going to die anyway, and my point is quite useless.

I retract all statements, lol. :)


I have had maxed distract and still get aggro. As they nerfed taunt it really does not make a ton of sense to waste the points, i put in riposte so i can do extra damage while getting attacked :)
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Re: Why do rogues call agro so quick

#20
Daledo wrote:
KiyKiy wrote:furious sweep has a safespot: directly behind the mob


Ummm....are you sure about this?

Sweep radius is started on sweep target, not around mob. Is this a small unaffected space you found, no matter where the target is?

Whenever I'm training and attack a troll, I move my lure mage directly behind the troll and she never gets hit.
Belenus
Elementals

Kiyarah - 222
PiercingHeart - 193
Kiystroyer - 139
Hexi - 137
Alleviate - 135

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests