Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guffy's guide to DPS gear

The thing is, the higher damage you have the more it actually affects it. Therefore, going from 1.1k damage to 1.3k damage only actually gives you an increase of around 40-50 damage per hit. Therefore, the extra 150 attack speed on Frozen dagger vs Knucks could actually make all the difference.
Sorry, that's why I used the dumb example - where both weapons had the Same DPS. If WeapA is simply better DPS than WeapB (DPS, calculated with your actual DMG and not just the raw Weap data), then WeapA will still yield better results. This is regardless of resist or not.
This is untrue blrd. 100% untrue it effects each damage you get by the same amount it is a % thing this is why armour starts of being great but when warriors get 1.5k+ it rounds it off.

What you say might be true about 40-50 damage but that would also mean u would be hitting 20-25% of your max (not taking into account different damage types.

Why might you have got this wrong? We all have different damage types and you have probly tested on a smaller boss that u hit almost as much with 1.1k damage then you do with 1.3. This could be because the mob has higher pirece resist then your majic. If all lures are up and taking away all resist the boss had i read a post explaining what happen.

You get 50-100% of your maxed hit after resist have be taken off and resist work out as a % so without resist your would get 75% of 1.1k and 75% of 1.3k on average. There would be no difference in the damage from 900-1.1k compared to 1.1-1.3(the % increased would be different cause your working with different number) the actual damage done extra would be exactly the same.

An easy way to explain this i if you took 1% of each of those numbers you would be only hitting 11 damage and 13 damage on average. If you hit 10%(10% if a massive amount even at an extra 600-700 attack pn aggy you would be lucky to hit this much more) more on aggy with 11 damage and you hit 60% of time with 13 damage you get 13x6= 78 and 11x7= 77. Those are just an example though the and for this to happen like this you would need 50/35 lures all used to make sure no resist. An you would need to know aggy defence to work out which is better at 1500-2500 the extra damage nails it easy at 2500-3500 its close at 3500+ the extra attack should win wih th clac i worked out.

I cant stress this enough though its only % taken away so the extra damage added should be the same all the way through its the different damages that can mess this up as different resist
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening