Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Guffy's guide to DPS gear

Ok, after taking 20 hits from dagger on ragnor and 20 hits from hand to hand on ragnor I came up with an average number of..

Dagger: Average Damage per Swing: 596.117647 with a high hit of 733 and low of 433.

Knucks: Average Damage per swing: 509.352941 with a high hit of 584 and low of 415.

These numbers of course aren't 100% accurate as you would need to average like 10,000 hits to have a more accurate pool but they give us a decent idea on a smaller and more practical scale.

With dagger being 1900 delay this would make it 950 delay or .95 of a second per swing. With just heroic gloves it is 1325 delay or 1.325 seconds per swing.

Calculating this out, on a super haste elix the frozen dagger equals 625.923529 damage per second which I think we can round to 626 damage per second.

On a super haste elixir using Diamond Knucks equal 573.0220586 damage per second which can round to 573.

This data shows diamond dagger, not accounting for daggers proc or hand to hands extra ability, being approximately 53 damage per second higher than diamond knuckles.

I think with this testing I will start using diamond dagger more. Please note my build for testing used 225Str and 100Dex. It is hard to tell what different builds will show but I think this does show that diamond dagger does beat out diamond knuckles in most cases.

Someone can figure the math for other haste situations if they want to, I will leave my figures or feel free to get your own.

Dagger:

Damage Per Hit Aprox: 596.117647
Speed normal: 1900
Speed on Heroic Gloves: 1325
Speed on Super Haste: 950
DPS on Super Haste: 626

Diamond Knucks:

Damage Per Hit Aprox: 509.352941
Speed normal: 1750
Speed On Heroic Gloves: 1225
Speed On Super Haste: 875
DPS on super haste: 573

Feel free to check my math also to ensure I did it correctly.
Well, it depends on build IMO... Lower strength makes the damage difference negligible.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

I'd like to point out I have been full vit and still have more dps with frozen dagger... Personally I think he is just trying to prove he is right when he has been proven wrong :/. I would guess thy cruel knife would come close to frozen but doubt it would beat it
Brookie1 lvl 172+ rogue rosmerta. Best damn rogue ever! Clan awakening

Why would a rogue go barehanded and why would a rogue who is DPS have no str, remember this is a dps guide. I think you are just striving hard to contradict it.
Not really. Dps can be accumulated in different ways. Higher attack gives you more damage, or lets you hit more atleast... I use 2 attack rings... They help alot.

Dex also increases poison weapon... Added dps.

Dex gives you defence, the longer you live the more you can attack.
Last edited by Robert on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruel knife beats frozen in long fights with high dps gear. Songz has 900 and something damage with cruel knife

On the topic of knucks, eliminater does out dos rogues his level and higher using knucks
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I'd like to point out I have been full vit and still have more dps with frozen dagger... Personally I think he is just trying to prove he is right when he has been proven wrong :/. I would guess thy cruel knife would come close to frozen but doubt it would beat it
Sure Brookie, well, this shows ignorance...

Another suggesting is a contradiction?