Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Problems with rogue skills

this is a list of my personal issues with rogue skills, feel free to leave feedback

poison weapon, i love the damage, not much resisting of poison happens so the damage difference is noticeable, problem is the cast time/length of skill
the cast takes so long i can get mutiple hits in (300-600 damage each) and the short duration of the spell in no way makes up for that, its only real use is right before a boss, right before a mob, or poisoning higher level clan members on a boss you are under leveled on

the fix: cast time shorter, duration 2-3 minutes

hide, again a good spell for any without a camo charm, problems are again, the duration, it lasts wayy to short, it should be a 2 minute duration in my opinion, i understand that because it renders you completely invisible the cooldown should be a bit longer than skill duration to avoid people staying invisible without any breaks, it also does not work on lave which is a real killer for anyone without a camo, i understand that if you attack a mob, you become visible, it makes sense
walking o a hot surface, making you visible, does not make sense

the fix: longer duration/cooldown, work on lava

rend, has the potential to be a killer dps skill, but it isnt... with the current cast time/duration i can get two hits in, at 300-600 dmg each, the DoT of average 80-120 per tic during 15 seconds, does not make up for the lost hits

the fix: faster cast, 30-60 second duration

fast relexes and smoke bomb are both fine as is, good skills for solo rogues

play dead... is the most worthless skill ever... who wants to play dead, and have to mob reset... with the amount of skill points it requires to be effective, its one lame ass skill that does just about nothing, odds are if im playing dead, when i get up that mob is gonna come right back at me and i didnt solve anything

the fix: lol there isnt one -.- get rid of that skill and give us something useful... ok? thanks

sneaky attack, love it its unavoidable and is great for bosses, thumbs up on that one

quick strike, its awesome! until you get to that level where you have heroic gloves, a frozen dagger, and your melee hits do as much or higher than your quick strike... and half the time you cast it it either gets evaded or ends up covering your next melee hit which would have done more damage

the fix: incorporate weapon damage back into quick strike like before update 3 when it was probably the best rogue skill

assassinate, its a pretty good skill except for the fact that it does barely more damage than sneaky and the cast time is soooo *** slow that when it gets evaded, youre screwed...

the fix: instant cast! hey! its a battle ending epic skill of destruction that only happens once or twice a fight, why not have it instant cast?
the other option would be to have it do 2.5x sneaky damage, simply because of its limited use and supposed effect.

distract, works well enough, not needed with a good tank in group, no complaints though

finally, we need a stun move... we are the only class that cannot slow enemy movement or stop them completely... its a must, we could replace that stupid play dead skill with this! good idea, no?

oh yeah, i personally would love to see a poison based Dot that started very stong, but gradually reduces in dmg until its effect ends

well yeah, that my rant :) please leave feedbackt
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Re: Problems with rogue skills

I like all of the ideas. I feel like rogues as dps leaders are slowly being equalled by rangers, and to a much lesser extent warriors and mages.

Dont get me wrong... Rogues are still dps leaders. I'd just like to see some of the skill improvements you mentioned, esp. shorter cast times, longer durations, but that probably applies to most skills for all classes -- for which I would also be in favor.

I would LOVE to see a Stun skill. Considering more mobs are casting AoE skills, we are definitely at a disadvantage as melee fighters with light armor and low hps. So, some contribution to mob control would be great.
DonkeyPunch (Rogue) - Lvl 150
BilboBaggins (Mage) - Lvl 130
JiggaGlow (Druid) - Lvl 128
Morrigan, Clan Avalon

+1 to everything, especially stun skill...maybe the skill could be like a punch or kick, maybe even a spin move or something...
Angrysavage~Lvl 116 rogue
World: Danu

Prime

i agree with almost everything except play dead: yea its useless when u к fighting mobs but when u are at arena and want to fool some noobies it works great :lol: (seriously try it somewhen)
and yea some movement stopping skill would be really great
Shepman-lvl171
shepdruid-lvl44 druid(abandoned currently using as bank)
Shepberry-lvl73 ranger
World:Gwydion
Clan:Solitaire
IF YOU WANNA DO SOMETHING JUST DO IT

I agree with all of these suggestions; especially making assassinate instant cast and making quickstrike more useful by adding in weapon damage.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Hi guys i am curently à lvl 116 rogue and i would like to know what skills i should use with this stats 380str 55dex 10focus and 230 vit i got 650dmg 1600 health able to solo lvl one golems with full zodiac some frozen golden ice blad Hero gloves golden rejuv health ring and i was wondering witch skills i should use i curently use smoke bomb - fast reflex - posion weap (sure needs upgrade :d) sneak attack - assassinate - bandage wound to keep up downtime are these skills good or should i change?

And +1 to THE buff of skills and yeah get rid of play dead only use to scare à druid when i am training with him/her or other people and they always fall for it :D
Fighter, rogue
Clan: Anarchy

Proud owner of epona's first doch gul bp :D

So piggy asked me to add on a few things on rouge improvements. I'm Songz one of his clannies. Been rouge longer then most. Pigs got some good ideas. Few he stole from me -_- like stun move thing. But still. All in all its great post.

My absolute biggest thing is frozen dagger. Like what in the hell. It's good but it is the least improvement of all of frozens weapons. If you take the first meteoric weapon and diamond weapon into consideration of these. Look at the warrior wep. From meteoric it gets stronger and faster and also from diamond it gets stronger and faster. Huuuuuuuge improvement on warriors, which make them way overpowered. Rouges dagger is crap compared to improvements like warriors sword or rangers bow. The meteoric dagger has 50 peirce I believe and 1950 speed. Good dagger when it first came out. All of those improvements from warden to meteoric were equal. Now diamond dagger. 70 peirce and 2300 speed. An okay dps dagger kinda. No frozen. Gets faster then meteoric and diamond at the speed of 1900. Only faster by 50. Big whoop. Warriors got 100. Wtf. No the damage drops. 70 down to 65. Stupid. Warriors frozen has more damage then diamond and meteoric. It goes the same for rangers. Seriously we got the short end of that part.

Improvents should either give rouges 1750-1850 speed with and add of 10-15 peirce. Or make it just make it 1700 speed with increase of 5-10 piercing damage. I think it would make it more equal. This was my biggest issue when frozen came out. Honestly it's not much of an improvement whatsoever. Anyone else agree? Just look at the numbers. We got screwed. If you don't agree don't say anything lol. Jkjk. Tell us why you don't agree. Don't be hateful though. Rouges are probably most underpowered class atm. It needs to be fixed. And if rouges whine at eachother it won't ever get fixed.

We can't solo and be good dps at the same time. Just can't have it with a rouge. These minor improvements on skills that piggy suggested would be amazing for Admin to take into consideration. And on the Frozen weapon. I'm shooting for frozen weapon :D oh! A faster quickstrike cooldown! It was so much faster in update 2. Got slowed down. It also needs to take weapon damage into consideration. Seriously. I melee usually 700-900. And my qs is like 500-700 on a 140+ with the skill at 39/35. Seriously. Total waste of a swing if timed wrong. Should be stronger then ur regular hit. On stat page if it says your damage at 1101 (which mine does atm without bloodlust hehe) your qs damage should be at like 1250+ easy. Which means you usually hit at like 900-1100 on average on quickstrike. Not 500.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

So piggy asked me to add on a few things on rouge improvements. I'm Songz one of his clannies. Been rouge longer then most. Pigs got some good ideas. Few he stole from me -_- like stun move thing. But still. All in all its great post.

My absolute biggest thing is frozen dagger. Like what in the hell. It's good but it is the least improvement of all of frozens weapons. If you take the first meteoric weapon and diamond weapon into consideration of these. Look at the warrior wep. From meteoric it gets stronger and faster and also from diamond it gets stronger and faster. Huuuuuuuge improvement on warriors, which make them way overpowered. Rouges dagger is crap compared to improvements like warriors sword or rangers bow. The meteoric dagger has 50 peirce I believe and 1950 speed. Good dagger when it first came out. All of those improvements from warden to meteoric were equal. Now diamond dagger. 70 peirce and 2300 speed. An okay dps dagger kinda. No frozen. Gets faster then meteoric and diamond at the speed of 1900. Only faster by 50. Big whoop. Warriors got 100. Wtf. No the damage drops. 70 down to 65. Stupid. Warriors frozen has more damage then diamond and meteoric. It goes the same for rangers. Seriously we got the short end of that part.

Improvents should either give rouges 1750-1850 speed with and add of 10-15 peirce. Or make it just make it 1700 speed with increase of 5-10 piercing damage. I think it would make it more equal. This was my biggest issue when frozen came out. Honestly it's not much of an improvement whatsoever. Anyone else agree? Just look at the numbers. We got screwed. If you don't agree don't say anything lol. Jkjk. Tell us why you don't agree. Don't be hateful though. Rouges are probably most underpowered class atm. It needs to be fixed. And if rouges whine at eachother it won't ever get fixed.

We can't solo and be good dps at the same time. Just can't have it with a rouge. These minor improvements on skills that piggy suggested would be amazing for Admin to take into consideration. And on the Frozen weapon. I'm shooting for frozen weapon :D oh! A faster quickstrike cooldown! It was so much faster in update 2. Got slowed down. It also needs to take weapon damage into consideration. Seriously. I melee usually 700-900. And my qs is like 500-700 on a 140+ with the skill at 39/35. Seriously. Total waste of a swing if timed wrong. Should be stronger then ur regular hit. On stat page if it says your damage at 1101 (which mine does atm without bloodlust hehe) your qs damage should be at like 1250+ easy. Which means you usually hit at like 900-1100 on average on quickstrike. Not 500.
"Rogues are probably the most underpowered class atm."

It's funny when you say that when you're probably one of the toughest, strongest, most badass players across all servers. And you're a rogue. :lol:

Lol, okay okay okay, I understand. I'm lookin for my fellow rouges. I'd like to see us improve. But thanks for the compliment my friend. Good to know I'm known over the servers lol.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.