Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rogues compared to warriors

Hmm what's your Rogues level though? Also with Sneak Attack at level 6 killing half the enimies health that's easy when your a level 30-40. Try that on a FireKnight and see where that gets you. I can hit a 300 on it and it does like 1/8 of it's health and it hits constant 60+ on me almost every time and I'm 5 levels higher then them. So yes Sneak Attack is under powered because I can only do it once and a Warrior can use Giant Swing which hits a little less then Sneak Attack but can be done multiple times during a fight. I've played as each and every class I know pretty well what works and what doesnt. For Rogues who can only use a Attack once which has also have to be used with Hide it does not do enough Damage for the amount of Energy that's used. For 28 Energy at level 10 I should be easily hitting 500s instead of 300s because 500 isn't a instant kill, it does good damage for having to use 28 energy and it also has to be used with Hide and is a first strike which should do more damage then a attack that can be repeated for less energy and done every 15-20 seconds.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

My rogue is 37 right now.

Fireknight and shiverlord are both extremely powerful. Not being able to solo everything (in an instance, no less) is to be expected. This is a squad-based game, and if you can't solo something, ask for help. I took out bonehammers and a couple shiverlords on my warrior with three rogues (my warrior is lvl 46, and the rogues were all in their late 20s and early 30s), since I couldn't solo them.

And think about that. I'm a lvl 46 warrior, and I can't solo shiverlord. If I'm right, shiverlord and fireknight deal cold and heat damage. That could be why they hit so hard, and why they're so difficult for people to fight. You're not underpowered if you can't fight a really tough monster.

Ok I agree that yes the FireKnights are quite powerful BUT they can be soloed. I have a friend who was able to solo the Avatar of Donn without any help just pots at level 50 on his Mage. I can't even kill him to half his health and im level 55. I've seen Warriors at level 53 kill a FireKnight and even a Ranger at level 55 but me myself I cant. Also ShivorLords are quite easy it has to be killed as fast as possible since a long battle ends in you dying. Best thing to do for soloing them is to use Fast Reflexs and Poison Weapon and then hide and use Sneak Attack and then spam Quick Attack and rend until he dies. It does help to have a Druid even if there a level 20. So if you ever have a problem with something best thing to do is get a Druid to help you out since they get xp, you get the kill and there's a chance you get a good drop. I'm sure Druids will become a very powerful class once the update is out because of high levels so if you know a Druid even a low level it will help a lot!
Last edited by Dayton on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

That bug only works on Duciarus, no other boss. As a lvl 55 mage with nearly full plate (except gloves) I cannot kill Avatar unless I chug dollars worth of pots which is simply not worth it. I feel like that lvl 52 mage is full of it. :)

Sometimes fire cloak does no damage at all after casting Lure of Fire on some mobs, so the bug works both ways.

Hmm it may have been but it is possible with 1800 Health and with Fireballs it did happen. Then again I did lag during the 20 minute fight multiple times so there was a chance he did use Potions. It was Magika so ask him I believe he was 50 at the time but I may be wrong because I am sometimes especially on 3G it's kinda hard to stay on at times. He probably did use Pots but I saw him do it and there were others as well. I'm 100% sure it wasent the bug since it took a long time to do it and that bug can finish off a boss in minutes.

Fast reflexes huh? I haven't even purchased the ability, but since my cunning is really high i minus well try it with poison. i can barely solo fireknights, and maybe one out of five times i die. And as for the avatar i don't think i can take him out alone. Maybe i can get about half way, then for sure i will die. No one on crom is able to solo it either.

Dudezzy, 59 rogue
legionarybank, 5 warrior
SeanH 20 ranger
Crimsonknight, 15 warrior
SirPercivale, 17 warrior
Good job celtic heroes!

:lol: i can solo a fireknight and shiverlord without any help and i'm a rogue. they are tough, and i had to rebirth after the update, but it is doable. at least, it is at level 56. btw if you don't have fast reflexes as a rogue that is a shame. all the tougher stuff requires high dex/defense and fast reflexes for my character. i've also reskilled and now have level 10 poison weapon. i used to think this skill was pointless, but it sure makes a difference now. if i poison my weapon, i can kill a lot of things with auto attack alone. but i do have 560 cunning as well... may add to the damage.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."
World: Arawn
Annora (90)*****
Tsubame (66) ****
Tsunade (33)
LilRaven (25)

Clan: Serenity

I heard that they might add skills to monsters so I was thinking.
What if they changed sneak attack like this:

Sneak attack.
Only possible when standing behind an enemy. Inflicts energy loss overtime and maybe something that adds casting time to the monster/player.
I mean, I don't even use sneak because I think quick strike is very good.

And yes I played as rogue before update so I know how much damage it used to be.
Follow me & keep in contact :D
Instagram
The Tavern Discord Server

I've basically gotten to the point where I never use Sneak Attack anymore... I find now that when It comes to FireKnights I can use Poison Weapon and Fast Reflexs prior and use Quick Attack and Rend and I'm able to kill FireKnights relatively fast now. Maybe not as fast as other classes nor with the least amour of damage taken but still decent being a Level 56.