Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Sneak attack change thoughts

I think I've grown tired of this subject in it's entirety...
I think SA is fine right now, maybe due for a slight increase in damage, but no real complaints.
I just think people need to really start using quick strike more. I've found that QS does more than enough to offset the reduced damage of SA.
Show me a rogue that doesn't use quick strike...
I just think people need to really start using their brains more. I've found that brainpower does more than enough to offset the glib arrogance of beta testers. :roll:
Call me a noob, but I currently don't use quick strike much. I plan on it, when I buy the extra weapon slots, but as of now I use hide, sneaky attack, and then rend, and tough the rest out with normal attacks. By the time rend has cooled down, I will be dealing the final blow to most of the lower level zombies and skeletons in the catacombs. I can do this two or three times before I have to find a safe spot and heal up, and then it's a matter of wash, rinse, repeat.

I'll use poison weapon and quick reflexes just before I go in for a sneaky attack, and then switch the skills on my hotbar quickly. It's not the most efficient method, but it works.

As for sneaky attack, it works fine for me. I'm already doing damage comparable to a giant swing from my warrior, who is 44 at the moment (my rogue is 29), and while this may not be as powerful as the nuke damage that you're talking about, it is powerful enough in my opinion. I don't see why it has to be changed at all.

I saw a Mage hit a 726 on a Rev today. With 152 Damage I maxed about 400... With 150 I could hit 1000 pre update. I just want it to be doubled when use with Hide. Also a Evasion skill that upgrades Defense would be nice.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

Also a Evasion skill that upgrades Defense would be nice.
Hi there

Rogues already have an evasion skill that upgrades defence it's called Fast Relfexes - or am I missing something?

Ah yes that's true but a Ability like First aid or Cunning that levels up when you evade or dodge a attack. It would be very helpful when trying to attack the higher levels. (I ment Ability not skill)

I dont think stopping ks with sneaky by making it so that u can only use it if the monster is not in combat with sum1 is fair!
For example if u are in a party with some1 and u are killing the avatar the rogue maybe quite useless
My idea is if u make is so that the first person who attacks the monster gets the exp/gold/drops this will stop all ks!!!
SwiftStrike : lvl 48 Rogue
Arawn server ftw

What if you're in a group with two rogues?
Some of these suggestions would make it so only one of them could use their skill, which is quite unfair and biased against the class as a whole.
If SA is limited to being used only on out of combat mobs, I would like to see similar limits made for other classes.
I don't like the whole idea in general, but if implemented, you can't just stick rogues with the only skill that's locked to out of combat mobs...
Arawn
Rogue: Aisha
Druid: Melfina
I will never reveal the Wu-Tang secret...

I dont think stopping ks with sneaky by making it so that u can only use it if the monster is not in combat with sum1 is fair!
For example if u are in a party with some1 and u are killing the avatar the rogue maybe quite useless
My idea is if u make is so that the first person who attacks the monster gets the exp/gold/drops this will stop all ks!!!
If you make it so the first person that attacks gets xp then you open up the game to whole new kind of exploitation. For example a tank mage could cast cloak of fire and gather all agro in an area and just control it. Another example would be a warrior tank that could just attack all mobs in area and tank them until they are dead. I think if the xp system is going to be changed at all it should favor anyone that attacks a mob: you get xp based on the damage you do to a mob (I brought this up in the first KS thread).

How to stop KSing:
1) Shared xp, not on a 1:1 ratio. Example: A mob rewards 100xp to a player for a kill. If you do 60% of the damage then you get 60% of the xp, in this case you get 60xp.
2) Damage done to a mob should be capped by the amount of hp that they have ( if a mob has 200 hp you shouldn't be able to hit it for 1400 damage etc.).

The two of these ideas combined or even the second one alone would eliminate KSing altogether.

Lastly, the only difference between the proposed sneaky attack solution and the way it is currently is the amount of damage that it does. For boss fights, rogues that are in a party and are not targeted would be able to use sneaky attack just as they do now. The only other significant difference (providing that damage is increased for SA) is that a rogue wouldn't be able to use SA on a mob that is already in combat unless they are in the party that initiated combat with the mob.

Personally, I think that the above suggestions (1 and 2) would eliminate the need for this but I doubt that the developers will implement any significant change to the xp system this late in the game.

Re: Sneak attack change thought

For me I dont think it would be fair be fair for it to be changed like that. It should be made so that when Hide is used it increases the Damage of Sneak Attack by hitting more then it does now. Yes there is Poison Damage but I find it's buggy and I don't hit as often and it's way too much energy at fully upgraded. I find I almost never use it since It takes up 1/4 of my energy and with Sneak Attack that's half my energy gone. When it only does like 300 damage for like 50 Energy that's terrible. With my basic attack I can hit 300 in 7 attacks and waste no Energy. With Quick Attack I can hit 300 damage in 4 attacks and use 16 Energy. With both I can hit 300 in 2 attacks and use 8 Energy. So for 50 Energy I can hit 1800 Damage in 12 Attacks. So for me personally I think a good point for SA is around 500-700.

What if you're in a group with two rogues?
Some of these suggestions would make it so only one of them could use their skill, which is quite unfair and biased against the class as a whole.
If SA is limited to being used only on out of combat mobs, I would like to see similar limits made for other classes.
I don't like the whole idea in general, but if implemented, you can't just stick rogues with the only skill that's locked to out of combat mobs...
Scrambles has a very good point here.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions..."
World: Arawn
Annora (90)*****
Tsubame (66) ****
Tsunade (33)
LilRaven (25)

Clan: Serenity

I still think changing the skill is the best solution untill a good xp sharing system is applied. Also a player should not be able to deal more dmg if a foe reaches 0 hp. Like when he has 1 hp, you should not be able to deal 50 dmg.

Some temporary fixes:
Sneak Attack: Deals x dmg and you become invisible for 5 seconds. Overall nice usable skill that gives the Rogue the ability to escape from aggro (thus giving someone else aggro in a boss fight for example) and heal himself. (aggro system might need a modification as the foe will always run away and regain health instantly).
Sneak Attack: Interrupted when you take damage, deals double damage when foe is below 50% health. This attack will never hit a high lvl foe as he will most likely interrupt it, thats why Hide is essential. Its still a nice general attack to low level foes and it encourages players to use it to finish off a foe instead of insta killing/kill stealing.
Sneak Attack: Deals x dmg and stun foe for 5 seconds. A cheaper version of the first one, needs no explaination.

PS: To people who only want to see high dmg numbers, don't you want a fun balanced game instead of just finishing mobs quickly? Its like a fight between classes... "I want to be able to deal 700 dmg becase a mage can do 500!" Believe me this is all relative. Its like giving a foe 100.000 hp so that players can do 10.000 dmg to make them feel good.
Character: SsHeretic Rogue (79) Clan: Brotherhood Server: Rosmerta