Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Wow hold up...rouge tanks?

Hey, just posting this topic to bring around a subject I have heard is being attempted on my world (since prior the update) - Building the rouge class as a tank.

Now, personally I feel this is a bad idea, simply because rouges are made as DPS and should stay that way. Their armor isnt balanced, or made for tanking - in other words it has less armor than warriors. But others think that all it is is putting your attributes into vit and str and going for it - everyone wants a tank, right?

looking also for some feedback...what do other people think of making a rouge as a tank? I'm talking relations to the weapons they use, and armor. let me know what you think :)
-Morrigan-
Cronic, 143 Mage
Ninjastar, 127 Rouge
TheDarkSide, 67 Druid

Tada gan iarracht.

Re: Wow hold up...rouge tanks?

Well, Now that most people have access to crystal armor, it is just fine for a rouge to tank as long as they have good armor. A rouge cannot tank with just their Warden Armor or Even Zodiac. It is not natural. Rouges are ment to call Chuck Norris with a Bebe Gun, not to have someone beating them into the floor constantly. Thats my opinion :D
Silver Series!
Clan/Serenity
Since v.1.0.0 Vintage, Falling Down 7 Times, Standing Up 8

Thanks for the input! :)

Yeah you are kinda right about the armor, except now its so that rouges CAN tank, they just arent the best. Warriors still have far superior armor, and have the skills that raise armor etc. in bossfights.
-Morrigan-
Cronic, 143 Mage
Ninjastar, 127 Rouge
TheDarkSide, 67 Druid

Tada gan iarracht.

Heh i may have been one of the people doing that... What i did was increase my health to 2000 and use charstone rings to have a total of ~450 armour, a max being up to 538. With one druid I've been able to tank all Stonevale bosses, with an exception to the ones for the Meteroic quest line. Is it possible? Very much so, and typically tank even when a warrior is with me because taunt has been acting up lately... Not sure why.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

Rogues are being forced to tank atm with the problems in the aggro system. Roges draw aggro almost immediately, so unless they want to die every second, they need to beef up on VIT. Once Distract, Taunt, and Calm are fixed along with other various aggro problems, things will be back to normal.
Rosmerta
Formerly the original Eo.
iOS Beta Tester Pre-Otherworld
Currently KEnergy
Been a Part of the Greatest Clans in Rosmerta through the thick and thin.
Templars - TemplarElites - Synergy - KSksers - Alliance - United - Revenge - Mythology

I've had seen this lately right now(before the patch) a group was killing welwan, and I wasn't in group so I wanted to put a little 2 - to 5 damage. So I as I started quick strike and after Rend he starts attacking me! The group levels were 39, 45,44. I was really suprised.
Veneficus:73:Mage// MaratheDamane
Tollyth1:89:Ranger// Covenant
NewHealer:102:Druid// Covenant
EpicMickey:104:Warrior// Covenant
Rally:61:Rogue
Gwydion

I've had seen this lately right now(before the patch) a group was killing welwan, and I wasn't in group so I wanted to put a little 2 - to 5 damage. So I as I started quick strike and after Rend he starts attacking me! The group levels were 39, 45,44. I was really suprised.
Thats happened with my old rogue.
Galactus: Level 100 Rogue
World: Taranis
Clan: Curiosity

I tend to Tank even OW boss occassionally. Like bubulus which isnt hard but ive tanked Scion and All-seeing eye a few times. with 2k health and decent armour its getting easier to not die with proper heals. I have done All-seeing eye with just me, a mage, and a druid.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

Rogues are being forced to tank atm with the problems in the aggro system. Roges draw aggro almost immediately, so unless they want to die every second, they need to beef up on VIT. Once Distract, Taunt, and Calm are fixed along with other various aggro problems, things will be back to normal.
I 100% agree with that. Distract atm does nothing? But Taunt seems to be working a little.