Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Bloodthorn Wishlist

Full dg minus helm with str bt helm, with t10 quiver. Bt str neck, bt sharpshot charm, 2 cruel barb gele bracers, 3 Bt bow rings and a recast sharpshot bt ring. Hotswap one bow ring for gele sharpshot ring and prot steady aim ring. Assuming all of those as godly/void, in my opinion, this would be the best build.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

Full dg minus helm with str bt helm, with t10 quiver. Bt str neck, bt sharpshot charm, 2 cruel barb gele bracers, 3 Bt bow rings and a recast sharpshot bt ring. Hotswap one bow ring for gele sharpshot ring and prot steady aim ring. Assuming all of those as godly/void, in my opinion, this would be the best build.
You're close.

DEX BT helm is better than a STR one seeing that your strength will be around 1600-1700 at this point through adds only. At that point you'd want DEX for the attack because you can never have enough of it, also boosts your skills, but these helms drop so rarely that you're better off choosing either of the two.

BT strength neck wouldn't be all that good seeing you would be stock piled on so much STR stats that the return would be minimal.

Divine ring still deserves its full time slot because it's unresisted damage and adds up, especially on high defence raids like Necro, Gele, and BT.

A permanent recast sharpshot BT ring is arguable, haven't tried a decent version to form an educated opinion on this.

And with 2-3 CD swaps you'd be pretty much META until the next huge content update.
Wattzon of Sulis

You're close.

DEX BT helm is better than a STR one seeing that your strength will be around 1600-1700 at this point through adds only. At that point you'd want DEX for the attack because you can never have enough of it, also boosts your skills, but these helms drop so rarely that you're better off choosing either of the two.

BT strength neck wouldn't be all that good seeing you would be stock piled on so much STR stats that the return would be minimal.

Divine ring still deserves its full time slot because it's unresisted damage and adds up, especially on high defence raids like Necro, Gele, and BT.

A permanent recast sharpshot BT ring is arguable, haven't tried a decent version to form an educated opinion on this.

And with 2-3 CD swaps you'd be pretty much META until the next huge content update.
This
Hi

You're close.

In my previous post i will admit i messed up, where i said i would hotswap a gele ss ring, that was meant to be divine ring, Was meant to run divine and use the third BT ability ring to hotswap for SS skill dmg then back to divine.
At that point, you would be pushing Dg Sharpshot bonus, Charm ss bonus, Bt rings Ss bonus, quiver ss bonus, it only makes sense to throw in a recast to make even more of it,
This would also allow a bracer to be used for second cruel barbs instead of necro recast bracer.
That being said i will agree that the dex versions of the helm and necklace would help to also increase
sharpshot dmg if was pushing that build.
Crazy build that would require major resto's to keep up energy. But the damage would be nice!
Clan - Ascension

You're close.

In my previous post i will admit i messed up, where i said i would hotswap a gele ss ring, that was meant to be divine ring, Was meant to run divine and use the third BT ability ring to hotswap for SS skill dmg then back to divine.
At that point, you would be pushing Dg Sharpshot bonus, Charm ss bonus, Bt rings Ss bonus, quiver ss bonus, it only makes sense to throw in a recast to make even more of it,
This would also allow a bracer to be used for second cruel barbs instead of necro recast bracer.
That being said i will agree that the dex versions of the helm and necklace would help to also increase
Crazy build that would require major resto's to keep up energy. But the damage would be nice!
assuming that you cd swap like most people seem to these days you could run 2 barbs beaces anyway. Swapping a necro cd brace along with a ring is basically equal to a bt cd ring and something like a mord brace. If we are looking at all godlies the extra 10% cd is almost irrelevant since an ideal build would be 2 or 3 cd swapping so there wouldnt be enough time between skills to effectively utilise the extra 10%. The only real advantage of swapping the ss ring is there is less impact on attack as BT rings add attack of their own however at this point being lixed and attack potted the attack loss is so small its almost non existant however at the cost of less skill points and direct ss damage. Either would work great. Just not for perma wearing.

The anointed would definately need to be perma equipped like legz said and in full dg you would likely need to be swapping a gele ss ring rather than a BT ring as you will quite possibly be short on skill points so the gele ring swap would definately come in handy for that.

Ammies - ehhhh stat plateaus at this point will be HUGE enormous physical resistances plenty of vit on BT rings and charms. Certainly worth using on gele and necro whose elemental resists are big and defence is a ton but on raids like BT id prob stick to runic ammy (will change my mind if BT ammies ever get some elemental damage)
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

You're close.

assuming that you cd swap like most people seem to these days you could run 2 barbs beaces anyway. Swapping a necro cd brace along with a ring is basically equal to a bt cd ring and something like a mord brace. If we are looking at all godlies the extra 10% cd is almost irrelevant since an ideal build would be 2 or 3 cd swapping so there wouldnt be enough time between skills to effectively utilise the extra 10%. The only real advantage of swapping the ss ring is there is less impact on attack as BT rings add attack of their own however at this point being lixed and attack potted the attack loss is so small its almost non existant however at the cost of less skill points and direct ss damage. Either would work great. Just not for perma wearing.

The anointed would definately need to be perma equipped like legz said and in full dg you would likely need to be swapping a gele ss ring rather than a BT ring as you will quite possibly be short on skill points so the gele ring swap would definately come in handy for that.

Ammies - ehhhh stat plateaus at this point will be HUGE enormous physical resistances plenty of vit on BT rings and charms. Certainly worth using on gele and necro whose elemental resists are big and defence is a ton but on raids like BT id prob stick to runic ammy (will change my mind if BT ammies ever get some elemental damage)

First of all, I don’t use hotswapping cooldown trick because I consider it a glitch, and I don’t use game glitches even if it allows for more dps output. Hopefully vr will fix that during unity update. I know how to do it but don’t think it’s meant to be used, Even yourself refuse to give the info out how to use it. That being said the ss cool-down ring would gain a permanent spot on rings if you don’t use the glitch.
40% cooldown is too much to pass by when your throwing all that added dmg on top of skill that’s boosted by tons of dex as well. Even if u did use glitch, ur gonna be super busy switchin every few seconds to keep ss down.

As for the swapping of bt ring, I haven’t seen a godly personally after the changes they did at the end of beta. But assuming that bt godly ability ring adds more sharpshot bonus dmg than a gele, then you would use that for the extra damage boost on swap. Skill points are fine as u can get 45 already and quiver adds 6 to sharpshot for the 50. So it comes down to which adds more extra damage. Would have to see a godly bt ring to say for sure. I would chose the divine ring for the fourth slot, with 2 bt and recast as permanent. I would hotswap the divine out and a bt or gele (see above) for ss then back to divine. Assuming godly bt ring adds a few hundred dmg to skill, it would be more dmg than the divine even after resists on most for that single moment. Then back to divine dmg ring.

As for runic Amy, in some situations it might win out due to lower resistance on the boss, but the majority of places the bt neck will win out with crazy stats even with already extremely high stats. If we were to pick one boss and specify for it alone yes I could see runic winning on some bosses. But if ur looking for one great build to cover all I would stick with bt neck.

Another possible reason why bt neck may be better is the extra vit. Yes you have vit on rings and charm but with full dg we lack a lot of hp and have almost no energy. This build would cover the hp needed without needing vit. But still leave you with 1.5 -2k energy so you would be sucking resto like crazy. It would be the ultimate dps build but leave u poor tryin to keep up with energy issues lol.
Keeping in mind your heavily stat plateaued, this would allow for the use of stat points to (forgive me for even mentioning this, I gagged a few times while typing it) go into focus to raise energy pool, that way energy lix are working better since it’s % and I wouldn’t have to suck a resto every other cycle.

One thing I havnt tested, does dex reach a plateau for damage added to skill or will the dmg added to skills stay the same no matter how much dex is added.
Clan - Ascension

My point regarding skill points isnt in regards to sharpshot alone. Sure its very easy to max sharpshot especially now that we have t10 quivers however what skills do you potentially need to drop points in to make up those points to max? Lets say you max the ideal skills of ss ls barbed dbl sharpen and steady. Would you have enough skill points to max all of these or would you need to draw points from other skills to make these up. If you have enough to max them then for sure a bt ring would be better otherwise a gele ring would become very much a necessity

Also add points into focus 0.0 i may have shed a little tear reading that. I have my energy all covered with a lvl 6 silver wolf as well as my dragon. Spamming restos just goes along with maxing out a dps build. Combos also help a lot with increasing max energy. Anointed aswel is a nice energy boost so hopefully i wont ever have a need for focus :p
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

First of all, I don’t use hotswapping cooldown trick because I consider it a glitch, and I don’t use game glitches even if it allows for more dps output. Hopefully vr will fix that during unity update. I know how to do it but don’t think it’s meant to be used, Even yourself refuse to give the info out how to use it. That being said the ss cool-down ring would gain a permanent spot on rings if you don’t use the glitch.
40% cooldown is too much to pass by when your throwing all that added dmg on top of skill that’s boosted by tons of dex as well. Even if u did use glitch, ur gonna be super busy switchin every few seconds to keep ss down.

As for the swapping of bt ring, I haven’t seen a godly personally after the changes they did at the end of beta. But assuming that bt godly ability ring adds more sharpshot bonus dmg than a gele, then you would use that for the extra damage boost on swap. Skill points are fine as u can get 45 already and quiver adds 6 to sharpshot for the 50. So it comes down to which adds more extra damage. Would have to see a godly bt ring to say for sure. I would chose the divine ring for the fourth slot, with 2 bt and recast as permanent. I would hotswap the divine out and a bt or gele (see above) for ss then back to divine. Assuming godly bt ring adds a few hundred dmg to skill, it would be more dmg than the divine even after resists on most for that single moment. Then back to divine dmg ring.

As for runic Amy, in some situations it might win out due to lower resistance on the boss, but the majority of places the bt neck will win out with crazy stats even with already extremely high stats. If we were to pick one boss and specify for it alone yes I could see runic winning on some bosses. But if ur looking for one great build to cover all I would stick with bt neck.

Another possible reason why bt neck may be better is the extra vit. Yes you have vit on rings and charm but with full dg we lack a lot of hp and have almost no energy. This build would cover the hp needed without needing vit. But still leave you with 1.5 -2k energy so you would be sucking resto like crazy. It would be the ultimate dps build but leave u poor tryin to keep up with energy issues lol.
Keeping in mind your heavily stat plateaued, this would allow for the use of stat points to (forgive me for even mentioning this, I gagged a few times while typing it) go into focus to raise energy pool, that way energy lix are working better since it’s % and I wouldn’t have to suck a resto every other cycle.

One thing I havnt tested, does dex reach a plateau for damage added to skill or will the dmg added to skills stay the same no matter how much dex is added.
It might have been a glitch and unintended but OTM and now VR is well aware of it and have made no attempts to correct it. OTM was very quick (almost immediately when it was brought to their attention) to fix any glitch that benefitted players that they didn't want players to have. I don't hotswap cooldown gear personally but not for the reason you listed).

I think the runic ammy is going to beat out the bt ammy because of the lack of direct dmg. If you're killing bt you're in an eg clan and have access to decent gear and even with just a piece or 2 of dg gear should be running 3k points between str and dex and easily can get 8k health. The extra few hundred points into str, dex, and health is not suddenly going to bring your dps up to the next level. But straight damage will.

Personally I wish the developers would fix some issues like the energy issue. Sadly the better your dps the more dependent one is on plat items (restos). I guess you could get out of battle sheet let the sigils kick in but then that defeats the purpose of increasing dps. When all it takes is 3-5 skills to deplete your energy, there's an issue that needs fixing by the developers. This is the only mmorpg I have ever experienced that runs into this issue. The only reason to make this an issue is to cause players to spend money on the game.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue