Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Once knowledgeable on a ranger now not so much

I've started from fresh on a different server and decided to go back to my roots the ranger now it's been so long I'm not sure I'm building my toon right this toon is fresh only LV 13 due to trying to stockpile on food for the fights I remember fighting alone as a ranger was difficult but my stats I add per LV are
3 Dex
1 focus
1 strength
The skills I'm focusing on rn are sharp shot light heal and as needed I will add points into bolas
Am I building right or am I far off I'm going for a dex ranger and as I progress o will try to get ahold of gear which increases my strength any help is appreciated thank you guys
i may suck but you try and try again and never give up

penvro lv112 ranger- most likly going to retire soon
glyniss derbody lv59 rogue
soon to create a druid

Re: Once knowledgeable on a ranger now not so much

how bout vit
i am more hybrid so my stats are
2 dex
2str
1vit
(foc is covered by jewerly)
Skills( I use):
Sharpshot: Some people don't like this because of its evades, but its very useful
Sharpen Weap: i use it over steady because i can actually see how much extra damage it gives and because i use rapid shot
Rapid Shot: Useful if u dont want to waste money on haste lixes and haste jewelry
Double Shot: 2 autos, pretty useful
Light Heal: too broke to spend money on restos
Longshot: Useful for more damage but use bolas for bossing
Others:
Entangle: Slows down attack speed by half
Defensive Spikes: idk what this skill does dont have it yet, but it isnt that useful
Bolas: Slows down movement speed
Steady Aim: Increases defense and attack

how bout vit
2 dex
2str
1vit
Skills( I use):
Sharpshot: Some people don't like this because of its evades, but its very useful
Sharpen Weap: i use it over steady because i can actually see how much extra damage it gives and because i use rapid shot
Rapid Shot: Useful if u dont want to waste money on haste lixes and haste jewelry
Others:
Defensive Spikes: idk what this skill does dont have it yet, but it isnt that useful
That sounds familiar but with no gold for the lux items I have to put some into focus when I can get some of this I will redo and put the focus into dex sounds like a good idea or nah
i may suck but you try and try again and never give up

penvro lv112 ranger- most likly going to retire soon
glyniss derbody lv59 rogue
soon to create a druid

I go full strength. With dex ranger you are compromising dps, and that isn't what I would like. I get the attack with items, instead of getting them through dex. Right now I have 5.5k hp and 2.1k energy.

Skills I use are:
Sharpen wep
Steady aim
Rapid Shot
Sharp shot
Double shot
Light heal
Bolas

At lower levels having dex is okay since you don't have many items that give a lot of attack.
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

I go full strength. With dex ranger you are compromising dps, and that isn't what I would like. I get the attack with items, instead of getting them through dex. Right now I have 5.5k hp and 2.1k energy.

Skills I use are:
Sharpen wep
Steady aim
Rapid Shot
Sharp shot
Double shot
Light heal
Bolas

At lower levels having dex is okay since you don't have many items that give a lot of attack.
Full str is bad
Hi

how bout vit
2 dex
2str
1vit
Skills( I use):
Others:
That sounds familiar but with no gold for the lux items I have to put some into focus when I can get some of this I will redo and put the focus into dex sounds like a good idea or nah
Just a quick little thing, steady aim doesn't affect your defence at all; it increases individual damage and attack while sharpen increases group (within range) damage. Steady aim is better especially if your solo because while you can't see the damage it's giving you in the skill description it actually gives you more damage than sharpen weapons. Sharpen weapons is good as well but if you need to decide between the two go steady aim. Sharpen is more for when you're grouping other melee toons.

OP for your build I always say it's super gear dependent so it's hard to give a straight answer but try to minimize the amount of focus you're adding. Too much focus will lower your dps so you're on the right track with taking focus away as you can. Hope that helps :)
Kindredd Main Ranger level 224
Naharis Rogue 200
Clan Havoc