Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: My setup for my upcoming 200 ranger.

He's on Epona so trading his prot bracers won't happen unless he pays a lot of gold too. Those bracers go for 3-500k, if that. The least wanted of mighty attack bracers go for 1m minimum usually.

Necro bow rings are gonna be hard to come by as most maj+ are on ranger mains or alts who wouldn't sell. Better option would be runic valour rings.
Yep, a mighty attack braces are rare as unfathomable mainly because no one sells them. A few mates got some for 600k but thats rare. And for the bow rings, its about 1m for a 500 one from what I've heard. I'm not bill gates so Protus rings that are 75k each fit me well haha
An old character. . .

Hello!

I am going to be lixing my ranger alt to 200 in the next 1-2 months. So far I have this for him

-100 cold dmg / 600 defence / 1000 hp Mordris helm
-Shadow agonizing strike Necro bow
-full skain frost set
- 2 120 str / 100 dex / 900 hp prot braces
- DL I don't have currently but will of course get
- 2 +6 sharpen weapons prot ring and a +6 steady aim prot ring

My gear looks pretty solid but I have two questions. . .

1. I'll have 1000 free points to spend at 200, how many should points should I put in str, vit, dex and/or focus?

2. I have seen a lot of debate over quivers, should I get the 210 str haste quiver or the 400 elemental dmg dex attack quiver? (I am assuming the str haste one but I'm not a ranger expert lol)

Thanks for reading and appreciate any responses!
Skain set is terrible.

The stats are bad and they add minimal attack. I'd HIGHLY recommend using a runic valour ammy with 4 runic valour ring (you can hotswap skill rings). Braces are also not great. You want to maximize attack as bosses have high defense so I'd recommend swapping those braces out as soon as possible for prot attack braces however in the meantime would recommend the lvl 200 shop dex brace giving 400 attack + 100 dex so 500 more attack. Also, the mord helm needs changing. No attack as well (if you haven't realized by now attack is very important lol). If possible grab a victory, duelist, earth or moon mordris helm. Quiver obiously use the strength one as it adds attack and the pierce damage is far superior to the elemental. I'd also suggest getting rid of the necro bow for raids for the shop one which adds 700 bow (700 attack + dmg). SKills I would HIGHLY recommend sharpen weapons, Steady aim, double shot, sharp shot and bolas. Rest in light heal or rapid shot. Stats with this gear i'd suggest full dex as str is very outdated on rangers. Str plateaus at 100/400/900/1600. Personally, i'd recommend 400 str if poor gear and 900 str if very nice gear. The dex adds buffs to skills as well as more attack which again is the most important stat for endgame bossing. Good luck
few things i disagree with here. Firstly, for a level 200 who will be leveing at revenant room, a frost set is great. Ice damage str dex defence energy is really nice and the same with sea helm. there is a reason people use sea helm at rev and crag over attack helms. Its broken op there lol Damage (specifically ice damage which is broken in summoning floor) health and defence. Amazing combo for leveling. Sure once your end game look for an attack helm but even then, sea helm beats edl hood.

Gimme a shadow necro bow over vendor bow any day of the week. Necro bows hit speed cap with nice damage and good procs aswell. Vendor bow is slow and doesnt hit as hard. Speed and procs more than make up for 700 attack. Remember bow speed affects dbl, barbed and longshot cast speeds as well as means more autos over equal periods of time.

Also at level 200 simply put, 400 strength doesnt even come close to being enough. 900 is ideal but minimum should be 6-700.

Also dont use light heal for spare points. Get much more heal out of a resto and you dont lose any dps at all like you would when casting heal. Heals great for a new player but at level 200 and being an alt, just resto it all the way.

Dont think i missed anything. Running on vlose to no sleep
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Vent you’re just like your brother, you insomniac noob.
nah spent all night installing a bull bar for my mates ute. Surprise for his 21st hahai wish i could stay up all night like that kid but i live a tradie life._.
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

nah spent all night installing a bull bar for my mates ute. Surprise for his 21st hahai wish i could stay up all night like that kid but i live a tradie life._.
The hard life. I much prefer my cushy law student one :p

Although tradies who work for the council seem to do nothing all day, here anyway. 20 supervisors and 1 worker is the motto :lol:
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

The hard life. I much prefer my cushy law student one :p

Although tradies who work for the council seem to do nothing all day, here anyway. 20 supervisors and 1 worker is the motto :lol:
yeah they live the easy life :roll: im domestic so dont get the easy work like them haha altho iv been off work for the last week. Boss has been in hospital for a week. Let me just say this lol. Arm + angle grinder = ouchies :shock:
Arawn
Epona
Belenus

RIP badabing

1. Helm is a good start, if you can trade it for one that gives either dex or attack, you should.

2. Is that bow the one that does AoE damage? If it is, I'd avoid using it during lixes if you're solo. You will draw adds onto yourself constantly and die.

3. Skain/gara sets are over rated on rangers (besides poison, and even then it's not great), if you can, sell it for a good price and buy a runic ammy instead. Frees up a ring slot for something better.

4. Try to trade the prot braces for attack ones if possible.

5. I hope those aren't your permanent rings. They give like, maybe 100 or 120 stat points each? If I was you, I'd get either ranged combat/bow (if you're lucky) necro rings, or the level 200 lux ones that give str/hp and attack. You can hot-swap one sharpen weps and one steady aim ring to save skill points.

6. Based on your gear, you can probably go no vit points since your dl set/helm/prot braces will put you at 4-5k hp or so. Probably plenty for now, and will go higher once you hit EDL set at 205. For strength, the plateau is at 900 str or something, so go up to 900 str and dump the rest into dex.

7. I like the haste quiver, because you save a ring slot since you get the 30% attack speed from it, especially once you stop lixing.

Good luck.

Any advice on what kind of Ammy I should be using? I'm a level 181 Ranger. Right now I have this one which I'm not too impressed with:

Wrantyx
Ranger
Clan: Concordiia , Donn Server

1. Helm is a good start, if you can trade it for one that gives either dex or attack, you should.

2. Is that bow the one that does AoE damage? If it is, I'd avoid using it during lixes if you're solo. You will draw adds onto yourself constantly and die.

3. Skain/gara sets are over rated on rangers (besides poison, and even then it's not great), if you can, sell it for a good price and buy a runic ammy instead. Frees up a ring slot for something better.

4. Try to trade the prot braces for attack ones if possible.

5. I hope those aren't your permanent rings. They give like, maybe 100 or 120 stat points each? If I was you, I'd get either ranged combat/bow (if you're lucky) necro rings, or the level 200 lux ones that give str/hp and attack. You can hot-swap one sharpen weps and one steady aim ring to save skill points.

6. Based on your gear, you can probably go no vit points since your dl set/helm/prot braces will put you at 4-5k hp or so. Probably plenty for now, and will go higher once you hit EDL set at 205. For strength, the plateau is at 900 str or something, so go up to 900 str and dump the rest into dex.

7. I like the haste quiver, because you save a ring slot since you get the 30% attack speed from it, especially once you stop lixing.

Good luck.

Any advice on what kind of Ammy I should be using? I'm a level 181 Ranger. Right now I have this one which I'm not too impressed with:

That necklace is fine since you're lixing.

Advertise that necklace and sell it at your first chance to buy a runic which is better for bossing.
Wattzon of Sulis