Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dex ranger severely broken

I know I will probably just get slammed for having a full Dex build but hear me out, I have almost 2k Dex and my skill dmg is only a touch higher then a full Str rogue but the rogue gets autos too. Unfortunately it's becoming harder and harder to compete dps wise as a ranger as most know just see ranger as bolas and don't really care about other possible features. I know we have stated many times for otm to possibly look into and this will be the last time I try as I suppose u gotta make do with what you've got. I've attached a photo of my sharp shot dmg with that I have a hrung helm adding 600 sharp dmg and occ legs adding another 600 plus occ BP adding a further 475. This usually only equates to 2-3k on a mob same lvl without a lure which I think is a bit too low?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.7 KiB) Viewed 3952 times
Lvl 210 Ranger - Taranis

Re: Dex ranger severely broken

A few problems exist with Rangers skills and builds. I have no problem with Dexterity stat it has its purposes. (Defense, attack, skills buffs).

My str build autos are close to double what they are in full dex. When i use heroic haste my autos are near 1.1 per second. so every 1.1 seconds im hitting 1.3-2k. I switch to full dex build. Now i see autos as low as 670, and as high as 1200. depending on the mob. Then throw in sharpshot, i see 1.9k hits, and sometimes 2.7k hits. Its not true insta cast. it has a long animation trail that i can't stand. Don't get me wrong the 1.9-2.7k damage is nice. but it doesn't warrant losing 550-800 dmg per auto.

The plus side to ranger is the bow is heavier and slower meaning more damage, but that extra damage is only seen when your in strength build. because pierce damage adds damage based on weapon ability and strength. So in full dex our autos stoop as low as a rogue's. But much much slower. I can level a rogue with dl dagger and haste poison offhand and it feels like im using 200 bow and heroic haste. and the str rogues autos are the same as a dex rangers. only difference is the dex rangers skills are not that good.

to be fair for the slow speed of the bows. allow us to utilize the extra pierce damage and go strength build, with a skill or two that is strength based. For bossing i'd rather have more dex for the added attack anyways. Most of the damage i deal is divine damage anyways. so landing attacks is more important than stat page dmg and skill dmg.

On non divine bosses skills are important as they deal more dmg than autos.
Fingal:
  • Onida - Ranger - 226
  • Doopliss - Warrior - 200