Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Making pvp ranger

Kendrill has beaten every class, but she forgot to say one thing...not only do you need entangle but you also need A LOT of health :lol:

One thing is for sure, a ranger on a bossing build sucks at pvp.
Tons of health, tanky gear, high resistances against whatever class you are facing, hotbar swap bow/spear, have above average gear etc. Defeating the average player/boss built dps toons like this would be easy, but come across a similarly equipped, pvp built warrior or mage that knows what theyre doing and she would get destroyed. A ranger cant counter freeze

If she applied the same knowledge to any other class, she would get better results, therefore ranger is the worst class to pvp with
You're insinuating kendril is only beating players not knowledgeable in pvp. Have you personally seen her in pvp or are you just running with the Ranger sucks at pvp train of thought?

Any class can do well at pvp with the right set up. I've seen rogues dominate high level warriors and mages. I've seen druids beat all other classes. I've seen mages mop up the floor against other classes. It's not the class, it's the player application that matters.
Yes that was my point...apply the same knowledge with any other class and she would be better
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Kendrill has beaten every class, but she forgot to say one thing...not only do you need entangle but you also need A LOT of health :lol:

One thing is for sure, a ranger on a bossing build sucks at pvp.
Tons of health, tanky gear, high resistances against whatever class you are facing, hotbar swap bow/spear, have above average gear etc. Defeating the average player/boss built dps toons like this would be easy, but come across a similarly equipped, pvp built warrior or mage that knows what theyre doing and she would get destroyed. A ranger cant counter freeze

If she applied the same knowledge to any other class, she would get better results, therefore ranger is the worst class to pvp with
You're insinuating kendril is only beating players not knowledgeable in pvp. Have you personally seen her in pvp or are you just running with the Ranger sucks at pvp train of thought?

Any class can do well at pvp with the right set up. I've seen rogues dominate high level warriors and mages. I've seen druids beat all other classes. I've seen mages mop up the floor against other classes. It's not the class, it's the player application that matters.
I believe that what he meant is that under the same conditions, if Kendril used her same tactics and knowledge being any other class, she would do better than she does on her ranger.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Mages can be problematic, the only one that has given me trouble in months has some serious endgame items. Only because of him have I been threatened by mages. I have won vs. a fair share that were built to duel. Warriors as well. I have been into duels a while now. It's a nice, refreshing change to the camping we are all too familiar with at this point. When ppl see me in castle, they know what I'm there for. So to assume I'm just beating up on boss builds is kind of a stretch. Has it happened before? Likely. Is that all I do? Absolutely not. I'm currently developing my strategy vs. a more duel styled warrior which includes longshot and bolas timed well to stay away as long as I can. By your no counter to freeze logic, warriors have no counter to that method, therefor they're lower on the pyramid of pvp effectiveness. Items play a huge role and I didn't mean to sound like gear swapping is exclusive to Rangers. But at endgame, higher tier item drops are incredibly rare. Takes years to put together. I think it's more about items than anything. I'm also the kind of person who purchased lux for the sole purpose of activiting a skill only to swap afterwards. The amount of available items overall mean the possibilities are seemingly endless. Using another class might fair better for me, but do I have another two years to kill endgame bosses to accumulate similar gear? That's not so easy

By your no counter to freeze logic, warriors have no counter to that method, therefor they're lower on the pyramid of pvp effectiveness.
If a warrior(or any class) foresees freeze being used they themselves can just use a freeze skill mount(you'll lose the abilty to buff off of a weapon, but you pick and choose which is more important for the situation)

Warriors can also quick swap to a shield to shield bash, which is like freezing but lower time and you can hit while it's active.

I belive a warrior is the best class for dueling for several reasons.

1. They have no problems with other classes

2. They have a truly unresistable skill(dot on rupture).

3. They have supreme defensive armor/gear, which high hp builds win duels.

The idea behind a pvp build is to use only enough strength to hit the big plateau(for the damage), then invest the rest in vit, as vit always gives 6.25 health per point.

Even if a warriors damage is low, and both people have high armor, the rupture will still hurt quite a bit.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Mages can be problematic, the only one that has given me trouble in months has some serious endgame items. Only because of him have I been threatened by mages. I have won vs. a fair share that were built to duel. Warriors as well. I have been into duels a while now. It's a nice, refreshing change to the camping we are all too familiar with at this point. When ppl see me in castle, they know what I'm there for. So to assume I'm just beating up on boss builds is kind of a stretch. Has it happened before? Likely. Is that all I do? Absolutely not. I'm currently developing my strategy vs. a more duel styled warrior which includes longshot and bolas timed well to stay away as long as I can. By your no counter to freeze logic, warriors have no counter to that method, therefor they're lower on the pyramid of pvp effectiveness. Items play a huge role and I didn't mean to sound like gear swapping is exclusive to Rangers. But at endgame, higher tier item drops are incredibly rare. Takes years to put together. I think it's more about items than anything. I'm also the kind of person who purchased lux for the sole purpose of activiting a skill only to swap afterwards. The amount of available items overall mean the possibilities are seemingly endless. Using another class might fair better for me, but do I have another two years to kill endgame bosses to accumulate similar gear? That's not so easy
I agree with u, its mainly gear. If u have the right gear for any situation, u will win. Im not a pvper so I cant say for sure, but due ranger's not too amazing skill set (especially against casters) Id assume that applying ur knowledge and experience with pvp on another class while having same level of gear, u would do better.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Now that we've all chipped in a bit, to the OP I'll say this. Likely, you'll be better off dropping it all in vit and getting str/dmg gear. Idk what lvl you are, but str stops being as beneficial to damage after a while. A 100 str ring will be better for damage when your strength is at 10 than a 50 dmg ring. But the 50 dmg ring might be better if your strength is at 700. Those numbers are purely hypothetical, but the point holds truth. Also, get your hands on attack boosting gear. For pvp, attk is better than dex. Sure, dex gives defense which can be helpful, but def vs. melee is like evasions vs. casters. Don't rely on them to be helpful, they should only serve as bonus. Those are some pretty essential, starter tips, but please if you have any other questions fire away and I'll help when I can. Need some more Rangers on the pvp scene!