Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Can you do something to help the ranger community?

What if sharpen weapons, which supposedly uses dex anyway, actually scaled with dex. ATM no matter what your dex is, this skill adds a fixed amount of damage.
This is incorrect information, your Dex definitely effects how much damage sharpen weapons adds.
Your right, dex does effect sharpen weapons, but only by a marginal amount. I added 180 dex and only got an increase of 5 damage. So what would need to be done is the damage change would need to be increased to scale closer to str.

I think that allowing a skill to be used by either stat would create a bigger problem programming wise as opposed to just creating more skills for one stat.

I would argue that bows need to be less speed. Maybe increase damage a little more. Comparing weight to a dagger is kind of a moot point. If you look at it from a realistic standpoint, there is no way that you could shoot someone with a bow as fast as you could with a dagger, unless you're Legolas and live in Middle Earth.

I think Sharp Shot could be buffed if it also avoided X amount of armor when it was used. Kind of like an armor piercing shot.

At level 50 you can hit for up to 4500 amount of damage and avoid 175 armor.

These are completely made up numbers, but something along those lines, it would allow the skill to actually hit for closer to what the skill sheet says and make the skill more viable without dumping everything into dex or wearing skill damage gear to get it to be decent.

Light Heal should also be insta/near insta-cast. Unless you have heaps of dex/defense, you take more damage than you are healing due to interrupts.
I don't believe the programming is an issue on that 2bh, fairly straight forward.

The bow speed needs a decrease yeah and maybe certain bows like bone, ancient dl, edl, necro and galbron need an increase in dmg. That guy lars or whatever his name is on youtube can shoot like 3 arrows in a second and apparently back in the day archers were extremely fast also.

The sharpshot idea is great, a shattershot! Defo needs an increase to the likes of longshot and with longshot increased a lot more to match other classes dmg skills. Keep the pin on longshot, i find it useful when im the only ranger at a boss fight we need to bolas and it misses.

Agreed with lightheal, not asking for an increase as its pretty good but insta or same speed as nature touch would be good and same cd as that also.

Another idea and not just for rangers could be a bonus for reaching level 100, 150, 180, 200 and 220, giving stats to use at each milestone and increasing on the milestone, i.e. at 100 you can get around 20 points extra, 150 another 30 points, 180, another 15 points, 200 another 40 points and at 220 being endgame in a sense a considerable amount such as 80. That would only equal to 185 additional points overall which isnt OP but will certanly help the ranger class, if implemented to other classes maybe it would keep the class balance the same but if used with the bow speed decrease etc it would help a lot!
Last edited by Gazz on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

What if sharpen weapons, which supposedly uses dex anyway, actually scaled with dex. ATM no matter what your dex is, this skill adds a fixed amount of damage.
This is incorrect information, your Dex definitely effects how much damage sharpen weapons adds.
Your right, dex does effect sharpen weapons, but only by a marginal amount. I added 180 dex and only got an increase of 5 damage. So what would need to be done is the damage change would need to be increased to scale closer to str.
What level is your sharpen? Im not a fan of sharpen weapons if it hasnt got at least 40 points in it and would stick to steady aim unless you group to level. If your using +20/30 in sharpen imo its really not worth it