Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Perks of a Ranger compared to other classes

I will say this much: I like ranger a lot. Despite the crap dps and only ok skills, I still like the class.

That said, no one who Is level 80 can comment with any authority on the class as a whole. That was ok when level 80 was endgame or near endgame, but not anymore. Just wait until you hit level 100- then other classes start bringing the hammer down. By 120 the stake is in position, and it keeps getting worse until dl, when rangers finally shine with decency.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

I will say this much: I like ranger a lot. Despite the crap dps and only ok skills, I still like the class.

That said, no one who Is level 80 can comment with any authority on the class as a whole. That was ok when level 80 was endgame or near endgame, but not anymore. Just wait until you hit level 100- then other classes start bringing the hammer down. By 120 the stake is in position, and it keeps getting worse until dl, when rangers finally shine with decency.
BUAHAHA rangers never "shine with decency" unless they have the most powerful lux ever created. Rangers are FUBAR(*** up beyond any recognition)
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

BUAHAHA rangers never "shine with decency" unless they have the most powerful lux ever created. Rangers are FUBAR(messed up beyond any recognition)
:lol: Indeed. 'shine with decency' was meant to be only half a compliment. They used to shine, now they don't until endgame- or have really powerful gear, as you have noted. OTM needs to get over themselves, sit down, and actually make the ranger class playable again. The dps from v3 to v4 was a joke. I went from leveling with ease (though there was no small amount of danger on 3*s, and 4*s were deadly without restos) to barely being able to take a two star in twice the amount of time. the skill nerfs did it in for me, with the rapid getting killed, lightheal taking forever and almost as interruptable as natures touch, barbed and spikes as despicable jokes, sharp shot turned down too. And of course the chance of anything actually hitting... And I am a DEX based person as well.

Yeah, the class is messed up. Everything is ok until 100-120, when every other class (except perhaps druids) take off. Then we don't get anything until dl.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

So this may fall on deaf ears. Im 182 ranger full dl
Have despoiler bow (name escaping me hope its right)
Trying to run dex build...
I get out dps by a druid in our clan same level. Rouges 20 levels lower then me
I have great jewelry since im highest active ranger on my server
I use l.s double shot bolas steady aim light heal.
I love the class its very fun to play but something needs to change
I spend a lot of time casting bolas just so i can use longshot again
Our strongest attack skill (longshot) is limited to being far away from enemy
This is just sillyness. Please make longshot not have a distance requirement then maybe i can out dps that pesky druid
Sorry if my writing is hard to read
Pew Pew
Level 220 ranger
Full edl
World of Donn
Syndicate Clan

For me the perks of the ranger class are the flexibility of playstyles. I like to go all out and try oddball builds. I've played the cookie cutter ranger, the spear ranger, Knucks, and now am going balls deep into a Aoe build that I'm still fine tuning. That's the thing about Rangers, we have options. We can go the solo lone wolf route or we can spec for support, or any combo that we want. Alt books are only 10 plat or 8k, so have fun and try new things. Rangers are a jack-of-all-trades type of class. We can heal, dps, etc. but not as well as classes that are specific to those rolls. Comparing a ranger to a rogue, druid, Mage, or any other class is like comparing apples to oranges. Those classes are designed to perform their function, while rangers are more of a utility class. We have freedoms of playstyles and options that no other class has, and that is what makes us unique. If you just want to dps go play a rogue or mage, if you just want to heal go be a druid, if you just want to tank play a fighter, but if you want to do it all welcome to the ranger class.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

I have to agree with max, we are a utility class that can't really be compared to other classes and I'm pretty tired of seeing round pegs getting crammed into square holes. I play all classes but love my rather the best despite its problems. Plan to experiment more soon with some diff "out of the box" builds in hopes of finding " the one". I understand our short comings but sure as heck tired of getting class bashing. but in the end I love my ranger.
Arawn 222 Rogue & 222 Druid
Gwydion Druid 220 Warrior 198 )
Taranis Ranger 221
Nuada Ranger 221 Druid 221
Belinus Ranger 136 Druid 136
Rose Ranger lvl 229, Druid 221, Mage 221