Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

I need help beginning.

So I recently created a ranger alt and all the posts I've read are on mid level accounts and haven't focused on the beginning.

I was wondering what skills would be best suited to start with and how many points I put into them. Thanks ☺️
World: ROSMERTA
Clan: HORIZONS
Rogue: level 110+

Re: I need help beginning.

Sharp shot, light heal maxed. Buy steady aim from the ranger shop at level 15 and max that too. Every time you level pump 2 of the stat points you get into vit- you will 100% need them. I would advise going more balanced (or) dex based. 1.2.0.2 or 0.3.0.2 if you can try to get longshot, double shot, and sharpen.

Get at least 7 points in meditation unless you have lux. You can try bolas route but 1) sucks up a ton of energy and 2) is not needed in the beginning.

As always do the quest line 100%- great help. try to let your rogue farm the key from the crookback jailer-gives great gloves. For armour, get quest stuff, then tanned highroad (chest and legs- rest isn't necessary but can be useful), then jump to ancient lamellar then warden, so on so forth. try to get some skill rings using your rogue again.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Sharp shot, light heal maxed. Buy steady aim from the ranger shop at level 15 and max that too. Every time you level pump 2 of the stat points you get into vit- you will 100% need them. I would advise going more balanced (or) dex based. 1.2.0.2 or 0.3.0.2 if you can try to get longshot, double shot, and sharpen.

Get at least 7 points in meditation unless you have lux. You can try bolas route but 1) sucks up a ton of energy and 2) is not needed in the beginning.

As always do the quest line 100%- great help. try to let your rogue farm the key from the crookback jailer-gives great gloves. For armour, get quest stuff, then tanned highroad (chest and legs- rest isn't necessary but can be useful), then jump to ancient lamellar then warden, so on so forth. try to get some skill rings using your rogue again.
Ouch, your not familiar with decent ranger builds are you?

Sharpshot, light heal, longshot, bolas are a must. If you have enough points like me, the 5th move is optional.

As for stats. Make sure to balance str and dext and don't keep adding to str if you only get 1-2 damage per 5 str.
Don't over vit urself either. Ranger tanks are far from dps and can be out dpsed by anyone.
Meeplol from Rosmerta- Ranger 223

Top pvp ranger on Celtic heroes
We Love Meep

I think you can avoid putting any points into Str at the beginning and go more Dex instead. Maybe 0.3.0.2 is a lil too much Vit and too lil Focus. You gonna need some Focus at the beginning to compensate for lack of energy regen lux. Maybe 0.6.1.3 every two lvls might be better. You can tweak Focus until you have a nice balance of energy for killing a mob. You don't want to be running out before its dead but having lots of unused energy is a waste of stat points too that can be better used elsewhere...

Ouch, your not familiar with decent ranger builds are you?

Sharpshot, light heal, longshot, bolas are a must. If you have enough points like me, the 5th move is optional.

As for stats. Make sure to balance str and dext and don't keep adding to str if you only get 1-2 damage per 5 str.
Don't over vit urself either. Ranger tanks are far from dps and can be out dpsed by anyone.
Ahem. Excuse me? Bolas are soooooo not a must- they are nigh on useless, especially depending on how you fight and what you are fighting.

The vit I recommended is essential- unless for example one plans on never fighting a range attacking mob. Especially as most low levels don't have much lux they need the vit. even with bolas you need the vit, without bolas you need the vit. same same. (and rangers wonder why I don't go down as fast as most and hit as hard as they) And you say ranger tanks don't hit as hard... if that is so why do I often kill bosses and mobs over those in my group? My record is a level 160 dps warrior. I have been complimented on the damage I do even from tanks (at least one is in ava atm). So... um yeah. ;) And actually its a dex build, not a tank build. :lol:

I know what kind of build you are recommending, but for a low level its a rough time. Believe me, I have tried it. It is easier to start with plenty of vit, get a solid base of levels, and then experiment around level 100-110... or rather start experimenting. Unless you have the gear( aka health, damage, energy, and dex adding gear- perhaps skill addin too), a ranger cant do a good job with that build.
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue