Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Ranger questions?

Questions:
1. Is barbed shot worth it?
2. Where or when do I get steady aim?
3. I want to build my ranger properly. Every time I lvl, I have 5 attribute points. what should I spent them on, and how many?

1. NO do not use barbed shot! waste of skill points

2. You get steady aim at the castle shop of ranger skills, which is located just out of the dueling area

3. well that depends for starters as a lower lvl 1-60 you should just do a mix i recamend, mostly strength and dex but you will need a good amont of health
61-100 go mostly str for fast dps ( damage per second) and good lvling but sometimes you can stay witha mix 101- 150 i good go with dex or either a str build pick on dont do mix!!

hope this helps

Since you offered.... :)

Is Steady Aim worth it? I have it maxed, and have a ring for it, but it doesn't really seem to add that much... Sometimes I will fight with it equipped, and sometimes without, just to gauge the differences in damage and hit chance. Sometimes it seems to improve both, but then other times it's just... Blah. :P Any suggestions? I know all the Rangers on the forums swear by it, but I haven't seen too much of a boost from it... )

Also, do you have any suggestions to help me boost my damage? (On the stat page) My attack is over nearly 1000, but my damage is only 225. Granted, I DO need a better bow (am still using Ancient War), and am working towards Warden bow, so I know that will help some with damage. :)

My stats are

Str: 81 (101)
Dex: 162 (172)
Foc: 10 (55)
Vit: 162 (182)

I am a lvl 78, by the way. :) Thanks for any tips and advice you can give! :D

I am unsure I should post advice on here... that said too bad here goes and I hope Im not offending you Primrose.
Since you offered.... :)

Is Steady Aim worth it? I have it maxed, and have a ring for it, but it doesn't really seem to add that much... Sometimes I will fight with it equipped, and sometimes without, just to gauge the differences in damage and hit chance. Sometimes it seems to improve both, but then other times it's just... Blah. :P Any suggestions? I know all the Rangers on the forums swear by it, but I haven't seen too much of a boost from it... )

Also, do you have any suggestions to help me boost my damage? (On the stat page) My attack is over nearly 1000, but my damage is only 225. Granted, I DO need a better bow (am still using Ancient War), and am working towards Warden bow, so I know that will help some with damage. :)

My stats are

Str: 81 (101)
Dex: 162 (172)
Foc: 10 (55)
Vit: 162 (182)

I am a lvl 78, by the way. :) Thanks for any tips and advice you can give! :D
Steady Aim is totally worth it. I was around your level and I didn't think it did anything. Even after I maxed it I still didn't do anything with it. then after I turned level 90 I actually looked at my stats before and after casting steady. And then I literally went :shock: because it adds attack and damage. At 25/25 it adds (for me anyway- I have 386 dex so mine will be more effective than someone's who has lower dex) over 200 attack and over 36 damage. It is quite worth it, and possibly the best buff in game. Because you don't have that much dex (although you have a surprisingly decent amount :) ) you wont get quite as much benefit from it, but it still works well. :D

For damage... What are your bracelets? Do you already have say a +4 damage bracelet? If you don't and decide to get one, get a slash, crush, or pierce (preferably pierce but the others work okay) one. The others are just solid damage and wont have their damage multiplied by strength. That's one thing you can do. Another- yes a better bow. Warden bow is okay, although quartz bow is better and ( :lol: ) cheaper. I would advise getting however a diamond bow as you are so close to level 80.

Also... For another damage bonus you can put more points into strength- you have the health of a level 90 at the moment so its okay if you put some points elsewhere. ;)

Well I think that's it. Let us know if you have any more questions! :)
Belenus
Napstrike- 88+ DPS Rogue- Ninja Pirates
Napol- Ranger

Morrigan
Napol- 130+ Hybrid Ranger
Napol2- 83 DPS Rogue

Ok! Thanks for the reply!. :) I guess I'm not just noticing the increases of the Steady Aim. Seems to be worth it though. I guess I'll keep it. :)

My bracelets are Major Wyrmfang and Major Wyrmscale. They are just what the clan had on hand. :) I'll work towards getting a pierce brace.

Ok. Wow. I guess I can stop with Vit for a while, and start pouring it into strength. :P :)

As to the bow, I was working towards Warden because I heard that the Frozen bow was the best there is? And I figured I might as well start on that road. :P :) But maybe I'll get a diamond in the meantime... Any idea how much it would be around to buy one from another player? Massive amounts of gold are not my strong point. :D He he.
Last edited by Llewellyn on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.