Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Making pvp ranger

Provided the classes have good gear/tactic here's how I rate classes for pvp.

Warrior > mage > rogue > druid/ranger(kinda a toss up)

Rangers, I hate to say it(as one myself), are badly suited for pvp. I would suggest another class, but if your serious about it I'll give some advice.

The most op levels for dueling as a ranger are 20, 35, and 60.

Why? Level 20s can use the winterking bow(140 pierce+12 damage offhand) and solstice armor, level 35s can use the Ymir bow(250 pierce) and solstice, and level 60s can use quartz/es armor and obsidian(225 pierce/100 ele offhand)

I would suggest 20 or 60, because 35 has terrible survivabilty. Though 100 can be alright if you have diamond armor/lux, but it's not as good for the level.

And with the vit:str, it sounds good to me, as vit is the most useful stat for pvp(doesn't plateau), just make sure to get enough str to take advantage of the huge damage boost for the first 1-2 hundred points or so
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Rangers are excellent for pvp. Entangle is an absolute must imo. It's rendered useless for casters, but still worth the points. Your stat distribution sounds okay, but I think it is irrelevant without considering your gear. Gear combinations can change the dynamic of your efficiency so there is no clear and simple 'one size fits all' method of point allocation. Nay Sayers to ranger amazing-ness in pvp is a normal thing, but it can be done. I think I've definitely made some people reconsider that thought anyways :)

Rangers are excellent for pvp. Entangle is an absolute must imo. It's rendered useless for casters, but still worth the points. Your stat distribution sounds okay, but I think it is irrelevant without considering your gear. Gear combinations can change the dynamic of your efficiency so there is no clear and simple 'one size fits all' method of point allocation. Nay Sayers to ranger amazing-ness in pvp is a normal thing, but it can be done. I think I've definitely made some people reconsider that thought anyways :)
I've heard you have a very good pvp ranger. Would you care to share you pvp set up?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Not that I mind sharing, but there are way too many things to consider when facing different classes. One thing I do is get carried away with gear swaps from my hotbar. That doesn't explain much of my set up, but I think if that's something people don't utilize, it's a start

Kendrill has beaten every class, but she forgot to say one thing...not only do you need entangle but you also need A LOT of health :lol:

One thing is for sure, a ranger on a bossing build sucks at pvp.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Pvp build generally for every class requires a lot of swapping. Generally, it comes down to gear more than it does to stats (but also need some specific skills for each class), if u have a wide variety of gear and ur a smart swapper u can counter any other class, being any class urself.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Kendrill has beaten every class, but she forgot to say one thing...not only do you need entangle but you also need A LOT of health :lol:

Tons of health, tanky gear, high resistances against whatever class you are facing, hotbar swap bow/spear, have above average gear etc. Defeating the average player/boss built dps toons like this would be easy, but come across a similarly equipped, pvp built warrior or mage that knows what theyre doing and she would get destroyed. A ranger cant counter freeze

If she applied the same knowledge to any other class, she would get better results, therefore ranger is the worst class to pvp with
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Tons of health, tanky gear, high resistances against whatever class you are facing, hotbar swap bow/spear, have above average gear etc. Defeating the average player/boss built dps toons like this would be easy, but come across a similarly equipped, pvp built warrior or mage that knows what theyre doing and she would get destroyed. A ranger cant counter freeze

If she applied the same knowledge to any other class, she would get better results, therefore ranger is the worst class to pvp with
You're insinuating kendril is only beating players not knowledgeable in pvp. Have you personally seen her in pvp or are you just running with the Ranger sucks at pvp train of thought?

Any class can do well at pvp with the right set up. I've seen rogues dominate high level warriors and mages. I've seen druids beat all other classes. I've seen mages mop up the floor against other classes. It's not the class, it's the player application that matters.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue