Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: E3 WEEK!

I was also excited for BFV!!! Until I saw this...

- Female British solder? To my knowledge women were in the military but restricted from front line combat. It would have actually been really cool to have a storyline following a British Red Cross nurse stuck behind enemy lines, but a sniper?

- Big buff guy without a shirt? Um.... no.

- Female Frontline Soldier + ... wait? what? is that a full prosthetic arm??? Is that prosthetic arm both flexible and sturdy?? In the trailer, did she just use said prosthetic to clutch and swing a club? That's when I stop paying attention... Too unrealistic. Players want to feel as though they are there in history, and walk away hoping the draft never is reinstated, not have games fill diversity quotas.

- Those uniforms aren't even British, and where are the helmets?

I won't be surprised if there are no Swastikas "because it will offend people"...

Time to go play Battlefield 1942, where not every weapon is semi/fully automatic and most combat encounters are at 50m+
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

- Female British solder? To my knowledge women were in the military but restricted from front line combat. It would have actually been really cool to have a storyline following a British Red Cross nurse stuck behind enemy lines, but a sniper?

- Female Frontline Soldier + ... wait? what? is that a full prosthetic arm??? Is that prosthetic arm both flexible and sturdy?? In the trailer, did she just use said prosthetic to clutch and swing a club? That's when I stop paying attention... Too unrealistic. Players want to feel as though they are there in history, and walk away hoping the draft never is reinstated, not have games fill diversity quotas.

I won't be surprised if there are no Swastikas "because it will offend people"...

Time to go play Battlefield 1942, where not every weapon is semi/fully automatic and most combat encounters are at 50m+
So the prosthetic arm is strange, but women did serve in the frontlines during WWII. Often in covert/secret missions. So that isn't unrealistic at all. A large portion of the women that served were volunteers. Not to mention there are some really freaking BadBooty women in WWII. Ever heard of the Russian NightWitches? Germany had a special medal if you could take one down; they were that good at their jobs. So yes, women are small in numbers on the frontlines, but they did serve the front lines and many did a damn good job.

So the prosthetic arm is strange, but women did serve in the frontlines during WWII. Often in covert/secret missions. So that isn't unrealistic at all. A large portion of the women that served were volunteers. Not to mention there are some really freaking BadBooty women in WWII. Ever heard of the Russian NightWitches? Germany had a special medal if you could take one down; they were that good at their jobs. So yes, women are small in numbers on the frontlines, but they did serve the front lines and many did a damn good job.
I've read of the Night Witches! Amazing tales! Yes, the Soviets used women in most all roles, including combat; Many French and Jewish women also fought in the resistances. The British though? Espionage yes, nursing yes, AA batteries yes, front line combat... That's a stretch. The trailer is anything but covert! But we'll see when the game comes out :lol:
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Meh, 99.99% of those who fought were men. It’d be cool if they included those night witches or resistance fighters in their own little campaign story to properly tell the story of who they were and what they did. But instead they include women in multiplayer and have them scream like banshees which is completely immersion breaking considering it’s supposed to be a WW2 game... many people play battlefield because of the immersive gameplay including me lol. Nothing against women or anything like that, it’s just that they don’t belong in a WW2 multiplayer game because of simple history lol. The cosmetics are also super immersion breaking and a bit over the top (the bald dude in the middle looks ridiculous :lol: )

What also bugged me a lot is their response to the huge controversy they created:“We stand up for the cause, because I think those people who don’t understand it, well, you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game. I’m fine with either or.”

Such a piss poor response from the developers which will infuriate players even more. Just goes to show how little they care for their fan base.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I'd say it goes to show that they care for the player base. If you think women don't have spending power when it comes to games, you're wrong. It's high time that companies start to market and reflect that. If you think women weren't involved in any war, you're historically wrong. Stretching to include a playable female character isn't really that much of a stretch since women did perform all types of roles. It's ONE character to represent 50ish% of the world's population. Were there more men that fought in this war yes, BUT ONE playable female character in the game to represent all the women who did fight isn't going to kill you or take you so far out of the immersion.

Gatekeeping games and sexism have no place in our forums. (This was not meant in that I think you were being, but as a general statement, before this goes that way)

Also, back on topic. ALL THE CHARACTERS IN SMASH!

The new assassins creed looks cool, u also get to choose a female playable character in that game and these AC games are pretty close to actual history. Liking how it's set in roman times and the features look more exciting than the others that I've played. Dodging attack to open special attacks is interesting, although I've always liked to be stealthy in those games.

I'd say it goes to show that they care for the player base. If you think women don't have spending power when it comes to games, you're wrong. It's high time that companies start to market and reflect that. If you think women weren't involved in any war, you're historically wrong. Stretching to include a playable female character isn't really that much of a stretch since women did perform all types of roles. It's ONE character to represent 50ish% of the world's population. Were there more men that fought in this war yes, BUT ONE playable female character in the game to represent all the women who did fight isn't going to kill you or take you so far out of the immersion.

Gatekeeping games and sexism have no place in our forums. (This was not meant in that I think you were being, but as a general statement, before this goes that way)
^ this.

(Actually really quite disappointed by some of the other comments in this thread... don't be that guy or girl :-| )
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

Also, back on topic. ALL THE CHARACTERS IN SMASH!
Last time i checked women don’t actually care if they can play as a female or male. Anyone who took a simple world history class should know that the war was mostly fought by men, so anyone should understand why women arnt in WW2 games because of simple history lol. Anyone who think otherwise are simply uneducated people that think in an uneducated way. No one cares about female characters in games like Fallout, Skyrim, MMORPGs, etc... because they all have fantasy settings. Or modern military games because women can serve now. A game about WW2 is completely different as it’s based on a real tragic event.

“If you think women don’t have spending powers, you’re wrong”, where tf did this statement come from and what does it have to do with anything mentioned in this thread? :lol: Anyone who thinks like that is a low life loser that has no place in society

I don’t care about what that developer said about “standing up for the cause”, that’s cool. What bothers me is
A. They cram this political correctness down people’s throat... people don’t like that regardless of what the issue is.
B. They said, “you have two choices: either accept it or don’t buy the game. I’m fine with either or.” What kind of developer says this kind of unfathomable at a upset community? It’s a piss poor response and that dude should be fired.

Atleast I can rely on Bethesda and Fallout 76... also Elder Scrolls 6 was announced!

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Women served on frontline in WWII. I dont know much about the British army but many did serve in the Soviet Union frontlines, including jewish females.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Women served on frontline in WWII. I dont know much about the British army but many did serve in the Soviet Union frontlines, including jewish females.
Yea they did. But in the gameplay I saw there was no Soviet team, so when I heard that woman scream in the gameplay all I could do was cringe super hard lol. The cosmetics as well are simply terrible, like tf is that bald dude in The middle of that pic supposed to be? :lol: