Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Legitimate Questions for OTM

Hey OTM I’m striving to be a software engineer/game programmer and had some questions. It’d be cool if you could answer some :)

Is Celtic Heroes made in Unity? (I remember hearing that back when the graphic overhaul came out)

What language is CH primarily programmed in?

How much experience/knowledge do you look for when hiring programmers?

What computer languages/skills are necessary?

Would you hire overseas?

Do you believe your game will be up and running by the time I’m old enough to work with OTM if I’m 16 right now? :3

Re: Legitimate Questions for OTM

Hey zchicken,

The Celtic Heroes client is made in unity, it's been that way for a few years now. So primary development is carried out in c#. We also use a little objective-c and java for any platform specific stuff, and python for some pipeline tools.

As the team is small, you end up doing a little bit of everything. This often includes server writing, database management, tools creation, and debugging on top of feature development.

Most of our programmers are trained to a university level, but i'd say demonstrable skill/talent and a portfolio is more important when choosing new hires.

We currently operate a studio in Thailand and have the capability of remote working, so overseas wouldn't be an impossible barrier.

We'll be around for a long while, send us a CV when you think you're ready :D
Lead programmer at OTM

Re: Legitimate Questions for OTM

Thanks for answering, Snik!

If you ever have questions about the industry as a whole, I'm sure everyone will be happy to answer. :) Also, once in your college, be sure to look at going to conventions with educational tracks or student badges like GDC (if they're close enough to you). They're great for keeping up with current trends and where the industry is heading. You can always look to volunteer for a free or discounted badge!