Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Apple’s new guidelines on “Loot Boxes”

If drop rates are released then players are gonna ***** and moan no matter how fair they actually are- that's the big issue.
Yea for the sake of everyone here and OTM, it’s best it remains behind closed doors. People are just looking for new ways to rip on OTM
Well OTM doesn't really have a choice since it's apples guidelines. If we don't see it with the next update I have no qualms sending a report to apple.

If drop rates are released then players are gonna ***** and moan no matter how fair they actually are- that's the big issue.
Yea for the sake of everyone here and OTM, it’s best it remains behind closed doors. People are just looking for new ways to rip on OTM
Well OTM doesn't really have a choice since it's apples guidelines. If we don't see it with the next update I have no qualms sending a report to apple.
And this is why I say the gaming community is full of assholes
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

If they weren't doing anything wrong then I would have nothing to report.

Hes not being an a'hole at all, as a paying customer he has a right to know these drop rates which OTM has to provide (according to Apple's new guidelines) but clearly are not doing so.

Rules are rules.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

Reporting otm will hurt their sales by following these lame ass rules. I want otm to make money, they arnt a multi billion dollar company like EA which can afford to lose money. Not only that, I’m sure people will use this as leverage to further bash otm for simply trying to make money to survive. That to me is being an ***

Rules are rules yes, but that doesn’t always mean they are always right. And if they are avoidable then I suggest avoiding it

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Reporting otm will hurt their sales by following these lame ass rules. I want otm to make money, they arnt a multi billion dollar company like EA which can afford to lose money. Not only that, I’m sure people will use this as leverage to further bash otm for simply trying to make money to survive. That to me is being an *******

Rules are rules yes, but that doesn’t always mean they are always right. And if they are avoidable then I suggest avoiding it
Are you saying smaller companies should be exempt from the rules large companies have to follow? Personally I don't think showing loot box chances is necessary. Companies should just have a disclaimer that says: "Buyer beware... You might not get anything you want no matter how much you spend. No crying if you only get trash"
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Reporting otm will hurt their sales by following these lame ass rules. I want otm to make money, they arnt a multi billion dollar company like EA which can afford to lose money. Not only that, I’m sure people will use this as leverage to further bash otm for simply trying to make money to survive. That to me is being an *******

Lol do you buy plat?

And I don't mean have ever bought once in the past, I mean do you actually actively buy plat?

The loot boxes are basically gambling (as many in these same forums have stated) and with gambling the customers are told the odds.

But with OTM never telling the odds it raises ethical issues. Basically, they can change the odds whenever they want without anyone knowing. Same as people have said that they changed the locking ranges at one point. So for one event you can have a jackpot with a 5% rate and then a later event to encourage compulsive individuals they can drop the rate to 2.5% and the customer base would have no idea. THAT will hurt OTMs sales. I know several usually heavy plat buyers on my server who have decided not to buy chests due to this same perceived issue.

If drop rates are public then people can make an informed decision as to whether or not they buy chests. It may also encourage OTM to adjust the drop rates. And if you're so concerned about OTMs profit margins then you should try dropping a few grand every couple of weeks/months to help "keep them afloat".

Enjoy your idols
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Are you saying smaller companies should be exempt from the rules large companies have to follow?
Yes pretty much. As I said before, It’s unfair that they have to feel the shockwaves of the earthquake that larger companies made as they can’t handle it as well as those multi billion/million dollar companies (EA and Activision with those damn loot box’s in a $60 game).

It's exciting for me to see just how far a loyal customer is willing to go to support a company, even when they are operating using shady business practices. OTM is exactly the type of company these guidelines were put in place to stop. They are abusing this form of gambling to the detriment of the customer, they aren't a victim of larger corporations they are a brother-in-arms. At this point if they haven't shared the drop rates by the next update I think i'll actually get a perverse pleasure in reporting them and thinking about the posts in this thread.

Let's all hope it doesn't come to that ;)