Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: For those that think Apple is the "greatest"

I absolutely loathe macbooks
All the parts are pc parts, saudered together overpriced for the quality, no hardware customization available,

Literally you can have a much more powerful pc laptop for the same price without the limitations...
Lmao.

Hardware Customization only caters to a very small market niche so your argument doesn't hold up.

You just can't beat apple when it comes to design, quality and after-sales services.

PC computers are trash unless you're running linux on them. Buy a macbook now and show it to me in 10 years. It'll look identical and almost surely run as smoothly. PC's don't even compare to that. After 6 months you run into hardware problems and it looks chewed up and destroyed.

Apple is a brand, no one's forcing you to buy one. They definitely have the right to ask for that much, it exactly like Starbucks charging you for 8$ for a coffee.

On a side note, you can run instances of windows and linux (ubuntu for example) on a mac computer using virtulization software. All in 1.

All in all, the price of an Apple product is justified imo, you get exactly what you pay for and for 90% of the market, you don't need extravagant upgrades to RAM or the graphics apple.

If Apple were a canadian company, i'd doubt I'd see this from you lol.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

I think Apple is really good from a hardware point of view (Build wise) bar the price of entry.

Android is starting to get closer with the new Nexus 6p flagship model but Android has become a very saturated market.

OS wise iOS is really solid but the customization options are horrible, understandable when they want to make it a user friendly experience.

I myself recently got a 11 inch Macbook mainly due to the build quality / girlfriends recommendation, a decent enough laptop to run some games and web browse that would not fall apart in a few years.

Both really do have their pros and cons.
Ios has nothing on the hardware point of view... lower grade processors marketed as the newest, and lower quality cameras that theyve used for 4 years
Shadow Lord of Rhiannon!
I make Dank Memes
Harambe will live
Need help with switching to DPS build. Someone halp :P

Ios has nothing on the hardware point of view... lower grade processors marketed as the newest, and lower quality cameras that theyve used for 4 years
Well...because they are more optimized!! it took me long to understand lol, but IOS optimization is crazy, and it allow them to use less powerful hardware, batteries etc, for some of the same result.

I agree with Muldar here, IOs customisation is sooo sad. I love my android Miui Rom fully manga customized, nothing look even like android interface, its more close to ios :D

I'm a guide, clic my sig to pm me!!
Hh

its, in my opinion, how tech savy you are, or want to be/become.
A PC/android is customizable, and easy to use, if you know what you're doing. Like everyone said before, Mac/iphones are more user friendly. They're easier to use if you aren't as skilled in tech. Im not saying Macs are not complicated or simple, they're just as complicated, but its the interface that makes the difference.
Hogana (Retired)
I creep around the forums.

I would never voluntarily purchase an Apple laptop/desktop.. However their mobile devices are nice (albeit very overpriced..)

Apple has two primary advantages with their devices: high security, and a streamlined OS.

The nice thing about iOS is that it is designed specifically for the device, using the device's parts. My 8GB Samsung cell phone could barely fit 10 songs, 15 photos, Line, and Duolingo, while my old 8GB iPhone 3GS could hold far more than that. Also, I always found the keyboard on iOS to have a far superior responsiveness and appearance than the Android counterpart.

And the security on iOS is wonderful as well.. If I lose my device I won't fear someone hacking into it, and my photos/contacts are easily recoverable. Also, the iOS App Store has an extensive screening process that - while frusterating developers - ensures that iOS apps are malware-free.

Don't get me wrong - Android has huge advantages, and overall I far prefer non-Apple products, however the experience with iOS tablets holds weight.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I'm an iPhone fan, my bad experience with several Samsung devices drove me away from android. However, I am a PC man and would not touch a Mac with a 10ft. pole. I built my PC from scratch for a little more than a console. Gtx 950(over locked) Intel core I-5 (overclocked) ASUS z-97A motherboard, 16 gigs of ripjaw ddr3 ram, 250g ssd and a 1T hhd, and optical drive with a free copy of Windows 10, all for less than a Mac for equal to or greater performance. You just get more bang for your buck building your own PC over buying a Mac. Now it also depends on what you want to get out of your computer, I'm a gamer so I needed the beefy graphics and didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, now Mac's are great for music software and managing companies and programs, but for the everyday user I would highly recommend building a PC over a Mac any day.