Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Silence for Leelah Alcorn

Leelah (Joshua) Ryan Alcorn a 17 year old Transgender Female, recently committed suicide on December 28, 2014 by throwing herself in front of a moving truck. Hours after he death, her Tumblr feed had automatic postings of both a suicide note and a few paragraphs of apologies and acknowledgements to certain members of her life. Leelah has become a large symbol in the LGBTQ Community as a symbol of mistreatment towards transgender members of society.

Suicide Note Clipping
I have decided I've had enough. I'm never going to transition successfully, even when I move out. I'm never going to be happy with the way I look or sound. I'm never going to have enough friends to satisfy me. I'm never going to have enough love to satisfy me. I'm never going to find a man who loves me. I'm never going to be happy. Either I live the rest of my life as a lonely man who wishes he were a woman or I live my life as a lonelier woman who hates herself. There's no winning. There's no way out. I'm sad enough already, I don't need my life to get any worse. People say "it gets better" but that isn't true in my case. It gets worse. Each day I get worse. That's the gist of it, that's why I feel like killing myself. Sorry if that's not a good enough reason for you, it's good enough for me
On the same day of Leelah's suicide her mother posted a message on Facebook that referred to Leelah as her birth name Joshua, as well as only using male titles. In addition, Leelah's mother also posted Leelah's age wrong and it took the family over 48 hours to fix the mistake. This caused several uproars in the Transgender Community. Eventually leading for her to erase the post and set her Facebook profile to private.

By December 30, Alcorn's death had attracted worldwide attention

Leelah Alcorn's death has sparked several movements and petitions to bring more equality to Transgenders in America. Such as the "Leelah's Law" which is a law to ban the use of Christian therapists, hired by parents to convince homosexual or transgender teenagers that their way of thinking is incorrect or sinful.

Tomorrow as of January 6, 2015 members of the LGBTQ community as well as Trans, Gay, and Equal Rights Supporters are holding a Day of Silence in honor of Leelah.

I would like to personally invite everyone who sees this post to either join in or support this day of silence to attempt to help end mistreatment of LGBTQ Teens and Adults, or to bring some sense of motivation towards individuals to honor the life of a teen who didn't have to go out like they did.
Mother Nature - Level 52 Druid

Re: Silence for Leelah Alcorn

Is winter break over for high-schoolers and middle-schoolers yet?

If not, this day of silence is as pointless as the white crayon. It's mostly them that go after this kind of stuff.
On another note-- I can appreciate what you're doing-- but you're not really gonna spread respect for LSBGT on a game server-- sex based slurs are almost a requirement in this market...
Obey the Nightmaster

Is winter break over for high-schoolers and middle-schoolers yet?

If not, this day of silence is as pointless as the white crayon. It's mostly them that go after this kind of stuff.
On another note-- I can appreciate what you're doing-- but you're not really gonna spread respect for LSBGT on a game server-- sex based slurs are almost a requirement in this market...
Now that all warnings have been placed...let's begin.

I cannot seem to isolate this incident--although very tragic;all deaths are--from any other deranged suicide that may happen all over the world. This b-irl was clearly insane..mad..absurd..lunatic..

Becoming a tranny is absolutely a choice. Can we get some agreement on that? One is not born with a transgender mentality. In fact, becoming one is completely defying one's birth.

Don't do it if you can't handle the aftermath. Clearly society is not all for trannies right now..duh...
If you choose to become one amidst such conditions, clearly you are trying to make a statement. Such powerful exhibitionism will certainly cause ripples; not always the good kind. Alcorn couldn't handle the stress. Therefore, hi-r suicide is no different from that of any other.

I am one of those peeps who don't easily accept things I don't understand...guess what? All humans are. I can't even call transgender freaks of nature. There is just about nothing natural about them. Therefore, they are just "freaks."

Yuck!
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

So ur basically saying transgender people are not human? They have feelings, emotions, things they want and don't want, they have likes and dislikes; in fact they are human just like us. Does appearance really determine that? I feel that transgenders and people like that are left out of society or feel they don't fit in and That's wrong. Everyone should feel like they fit in regardless of their looks. I feel like the decision of suicide should never be an option. Leelah Alcorn in my opinion should not have felt the way He/she did. However i wouldn't know that feeling unless I went through it, which I haven't. Nonetheless I do hope his/her family is able to recover from their loss. It really must be hard to lose a loved one.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I am truly disdained at the comments posted by some members to not be named. This was not an attempt to start another argument thread it was an invitation to invite others to join in on the day of silence.

If any further arguments remain I'll have to ask a mod to lock this thread.
Mother Nature - Level 52 Druid

Death is not supposed to be a choice...but some make it so, and more often that not, their reasons are absurd. Meh..regardless, I will try not to defame her death any more. Like I said earlier, all deaths are tragic.

I did not say trannies are inhuman; they are certainly human...I'm not blind. I called them freaks. Freaks who voluntarily altered their bodies to something out of the ordinary.

Mind you, I haven't said any opinions yet on the matter of trannies. All facts amigo.

Ooooh! Here's an opinion: It is wrong...and should not be accepted as normal...ever...in society.

One might argue..."so you want more suicides like Leelah's?"
-Erm...no. Society did not prescribe his/her death; HE/SHE did. People commit impulsive suicides for all sorts of stupid reasons: this is one among many. (Woops I did it again)

PS: @Twi I get your purpose with this thread. Thanks for letting the CH community know of this tragedy. However, you cannot simply create a thread and not expect replies...especially opinions. Just reread MichaelXXX's post. I am inevitable...people like me are unavoidable. Either way...thanks and good luck.

If this topic does get locked, so be it. I'll agree it's probably for the best. If not, talk to ya later.
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

I did not say trannies are inhuman; they are certainly human...I'm not blind. I called them freaks. Freaks who voluntarily altered their bodies to something out of the ordinary.
So, sexual orientation is a voluntary choice that people make?

Tell me, at what point in your life were you given a list of such options to pick from?

So, sexual orientation is a voluntary choice that people make?

Tell me, at what point in your life were you given a list of such options to pick from?
Exactly...u Can't blame someone for being how they are (unless murderer and all that) they were born that way and weren't given options on how they would look and such. Its stupid how u, oberyon, blame the person for being how they were.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.