Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Raise awareness

What would be a benefit aside from religius fullfillment and better hygene in developing and 3rd world countries?
Personally, using teligion to force a modification of a persons body before they can make the decision for themselves is wrong

I do think the exception lies in countries without access to clean water etc where citcumcision is an asset, using hygene in western and developed countries is just laziness
Although written wrong, ur one of those bringing up religion to this topic, and u do that on many other topics as well. Enjoy.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

this was actually a constructive, interesting thread until the religion apple was pulled by the religious folks, who seemingly want the post locked

lets stay on topic please, no personal attacks. just simply your own pros and cons and reasons for pro or anti circumcision
Ty, this topic is NOT for religion guyrs
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

What would be a benefit aside from religius fullfillment and better hygene in developing and 3rd world countries?
Personally, using teligion to force a modification of a persons body before they can make the decision for themselves is wrong

I do think the exception lies in countries without access to clean water etc where citcumcision is an asset, using hygene in western and developed countries is just laziness
Although written wrong, ur one of those bringing up religion to this topic, and u do that on many other topics as well. Enjoy.

let me rephrase, the "its my religion so stfu im going to do it, this convo is stupid and should be locked" posts are what have degraded it
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

^Its not only what works for u pigman, ur comments about religion (and not just on that thread) are the same as anyone else's, dont place the fault on someone else. Just because u can delete comments doesnt mean urs dont deserve being deleted.

I was circumcised when I was an infant. I don't experience any negative effects and I am definetely happy it was done at a time when I did not theoretically understand pain. I do not remember the pain and I do not have to worry about any complications of a foreskin (certain infections, tearing, etc.) It was done for both religious and hygienic reasons.

The foreskin really is not that big of a deal as many seem to make it. Looking at it from all sides, it truly is neither good nor bad. It may provide additional protection or be a hindrance if kept. It may be unnecessary pain or freedom if removed.

Religiously speaking, perhaps it was designed to be removed as a rite. Perhaps it was designed to be a choice, such as hair. Hair on your lashes and in your nostrils serves a purpose, but the rest of it is routeinely cut off. We do however get a choice for hair styles and how it is cut. More hair usually does not hinder us, unless we are talking about a serious overgrowth, which would be equal to a lot of foreskin perhaps. Less hair also does not hinder us. Maybe God (or a god) wanted us to decide if we want it or not.

Scientifically, or from the perspective of evolution, it still exists because evolution is driven by selective advantage. As I explained above, the foreskin is neither good nor bad. There is no drive to selectively choose males without forekin. There is also the problem of our ability to cause permanent changes to our body. Even if the foreskin was a significant hindrance or females tended to prefer males that are circumcised, we have the mass capability of cutting it off. The is no way to selectively remove it through evolution in our modern society. We can see a similar concept at work with our eyes. Almost everyone has access to contacts and glasses, removing the selective advantage of being born with 20/20 vision.

When we get the choice is a more difficult matter. I did say that I have no regrets about circumcision as an infant, but it was an invasive surgery that perhaps could wait until a person is old enough to make their own informed decision. On the flip side, my own experience of not remembering the pain would make me, should I become a parent, question if I do not already know what is best.

Piercing would seem more concrete. It is a permanent change, just like circumcision, but I do not see how any parent could justify it as such an early age. Piercing is comparable to how I described the choice of circumcision. However, there is a key difference in their future connotations. A person who is circumcised rarely receives any hate or praise, contrary to a person who has piercings and may receive the stares that say "look at this no good..." etc. People rarely worry about whether they are circumcised or not, at least in my experience. However, holes in your body in visible places may cause stress and/or anxiety.

Neither can be called "cruel," but I would certainly think that parents do have the right to make certain considered decisions based on their experiences and if they have a sufficient understanding about the standards (by that I mean the literal averages of everything) of society.

Sorry if I brought up the religion apple. I just thought since I was using it as a constructive comment it would be fine, although I hadn't expected anyone to get offended.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.

Sorry if I brought up the religion apple. I just thought since I was using it as a constructive comment it would be fine, although I hadn't expected anyone to get offended.
The circumcision comes from religion as well, its a religious ritual, if someone brought up that topic then religion will be brought up too. Whats degrading the threads is not those who bring up religion pigman, its those who are usually anti ones and just look on how to bash someone for it. Enjoy

*Writes mini essay*

*Ignored*
:D
I was circumcised when I was an infant. I don't experience any negative effects and I am definetely happy it was done at a time when I did not theoretically understand pain. I do not remember the pain and I do not have to worry about any complications of a foreskin (certain infections, tearing, etc.) It was done for both religious and hygienic reasons.

The foreskin really is not that big of a deal as many seem to make it. Looking at it from all sides, it truly is neither good nor bad. It may provide additional protection or be a hindrance if kept. It may be unnecessary pain or freedom if removed.

Religiously speaking, perhaps it was designed to be removed as a rite. Perhaps it was designed to be a choice, such as hair. Hair on your lashes and in your nostrils serves a purpose, but the rest of it is routeinely cut off. We do however get a choice for hair styles and how it is cut. More hair usually does not hinder us, unless we are talking about a serious overgrowth, which would be equal to a lot of foreskin perhaps. Less hair also does not hinder us. Maybe God (or a god) wanted us to decide if we want it or not.

Scientifically, or from the perspective of evolution, it still exists because evolution is driven by selective advantage. As I explained above, the foreskin is neither good nor bad. There is no drive to selectively choose males without forekin. There is also the problem of our ability to cause permanent changes to our body. Even if the foreskin was a significant hindrance or females tended to prefer males that are circumcised, we have the mass capability of cutting it off. The is no way to selectively remove it through evolution in our modern society. We can see a similar concept at work with our eyes. Almost everyone has access to contacts and glasses, removing the selective advantage of being born with 20/20 vision.

When we get the choice is a more difficult matter. I did say that I have no regrets about circumcision as an infant, but it was an invasive surgery that perhaps could wait until a person is old enough to make their own informed decision. On the flip side, my own experience of not remembering the pain would make me, should I become a parent, question if I do not already know what is best.

Piercing would seem more concrete. It is a permanent change, just like circumcision, but I do not see how any parent could justify it as such an early age. Piercing is comparable to how I described the choice of circumcision. However, there is a key difference in their future connotations. A person who is circumcised rarely receives any hate or praise, contrary to a person who has piercings and may receive the stares that say "look at this no good..." etc. People rarely worry about whether they are circumcised or not, at least in my experience. However, holes in your body in visible places may cause stress and/or anxiety.

Neither can be called "cruel," but I would certainly think that parents do have the right to make certain considered decisions based on their experiences and if they have a sufficient understanding about the standards (by that I mean the literal averages of everything) of society.
I was not circumcised and I am pretty darn glad. Maybe you did not suffer from complications but others have and sadly not by choice. In some cases not even the parents decide. I dont really see any reason to be cut the hygienic benefits are not that much greater from being uncut. And apparently the cutting of a foreskin doesn't affect sexual pleasure but going the rest of your life without one numbs your perfect thunderstorm until it is you feel less and less. Evolutionarily speaking this is a big no no

no pleasure, no semen, no babies

But yea let them wait till their older to decide
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

@vraelan
Even though you dont remember the pain, doesnt mean it didnt affect you (see volds post) and i fully believe that in a country with access to clean water and proper hygene, it is quite similar to a piercing and perhaps more serious as you can not reverse it as you can remove a piercibg. I looked into it and piercing of the genitals in canada requires you to be 16. A parent having it done to a baby would be charged with mutilation.
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out