Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A Discussion About Religion: The [Threequel]

In regards to homeschooling, I think it is far more efficient and easier to learn at home. I could probably learn a lot more if I could simply stay at home and read tonnes of books rather than go through the bs that people call a school system.

Edit: Actually, I should have said not everyone can reach the max even if they aim for the max.
Agreed in full. Drop the however.
I wish I could but the "However" is a valid point. People do abuse the freedom to gain education in their own way. You only have to look at the "lazy epidemic" that seems to plague us.

I believe this statement is the proper conclusion:

The potential to learn and advance your education is higher with homeschooling, however, the potential to suffer, be manipulated, and gain nothing is also higher.

Give me some time and I could rewrite it in a more formal and grammatically correct way, lol.

Homeschooling is fine information about reality dosent come from authority.

But there are problems. First off you have to have someone who can help teach you the information. Many people don't understand how to learn effectively and in addition are able to tell fact from fiction. You have to learn relative materials to a profession or carrer even if you find them uninteresting.

Second almost no one will take you seriously. Good luck getting into college even with good test scores. Not that college is some kind of authority that passes down sacred knowledge but if you homeschool college good luck getting hired unless you are good at saying "do you want fries with that"

People who get heavy religious indoctrination and light on the actual core education materials like sciences and math are going to fail at college and in getting a carrer started. It's worse than gettin a GED.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Also Uzi, you say man and women should be equal, but the women shold stay at home not being allowed to work, the women arent allowed to talk in church, the women cant disobey the man (no matter how bad a request by today's standards, in theory, a man could ask his wife to kill 100 gay men, and since the bible says gays should be put to death, you would have no problem with it, right?) and the women have to look after the children, actually I agree, lock all the women up! Make them pay to be seen in public, make special "women" buses, we shall take women from Africa and ship them over here to do our work! If you can't tell, im being sarcastic.

Also Uzi, you say man and women should be equal, but the women shold stay at home not being allowed to work, the women arent allowed to talk in church, the women cant disobey the man (no matter how bad a request by today's standards, in theory, a man could ask his wife to kill 100 gay men, and since the bible says gays should be put to death, you would have no problem with it, right?) and the women have to look after the children, actually I agree, lock all the women up! Make them pay to be seen in public, make special "women" buses, we shall take women from Africa and ship them over here to do our work! If you can't tell, im being sarcastic.
As the Bible tells us not to murder(and again, where in the New Testament does it say that gays should be put to death), no I would not be fine with that. Also Im shaking my head right now at the amount of stuff you ignored that I posted.

If you want to believe that Im sexist, you can believe that. As far as I know, no one in real life that actually knows me has called me that or racist(without either being kidding or misinterpreting my motives, and even then, neither of those names has been used much against me.)

Also its amazing how much stuff you ignored in my post.
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

As the Bible tells us not to murder(and again, where in the New Testament does it say that gays should be put to death), no I would not be fine with that. Also Im shaking my head right now at the amount of stuff you ignored that I posted.

If you want to believe that Im sexist, you can believe that. As far as I know, no one in real life that actually knows me has called me that or racist(without either being kidding or misinterpreting my motives, and even then, neither of those names has been used much against me.)

Also its amazing how much stuff you ignored in my post.
It wasnt directed it you, why do you think when I posted this I pre seated it with "also Uzi" I was talking to Uzi amazing how Christians can make it all about them :lol:

Also I believe the biblical quote is "if a man beds down with another man they have done a terrible thing, and should be put to death"
My apologizes if i misunderstood. Second of all, again where in the New Testament?
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

Actually, it says to hate gays in the Old Testament and in the New Testament Timothy 3:16 says:

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Therefore, the bible would in fact promote all of the things society most despises today.

Where exactly does the bible make it clear to NOT follow the Old Testament? It would seem that the above quote makes it clear that the entirety of the bible should be supported and carried out which means that if you do in fact find where it says not to follow the Old Testament, you would only further the point that the bible has contradictions that make it unreliable.

Just to make it clear, I am not saying that the Christians on here are terrible people and support these things. I am saying that the bible does support certain immoral activities and would therefore not be the product of an all powerful and all knowing perfect being.

Actually, it says to hate gays in the Old Testament and in the New Testament Timothy 3:16 says:

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Therefore, the bible would in fact promote all of the things society most despises today.

Where exactly does the bible make it clear to NOT follow the Old Testament? It would seem that the above quote makes it clear that the entirety of the bible should be supported and carried out which means that if you do in fact find where it says not to follow the Old Testament, you would only further the point that the bible has contradictions that make it unreliable.

I'm still unclear as to the logical reasoning of keeping the 10 commandments but throwing out the rest of the old testament.

Sounds more like people just made it up with no actual basis in scripture. Nowhere in the new testament does it say keep the 10 commandments but throw out the rest.

Pretty funny that you think it is the work of an all powerful all knowing all seeing god but you can pick out the good stuff and throw out the stuff you don't like.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|