Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Question about outer space

Do you know how big a trillion is....
There isn't room. Not to mention we are burning our natural gases away alarmingly fast with 7 billion. Images a trillion?
99% of the 2 dimensional area is not populated or is ocean or is farmland. There is tons and tons of room even if you don't go vertical.

And what part of cheap fusion does natural gas come in lmao. Fusion of deuterium and tritium is one to ten million times more energy per unit mass than fossil fuels and at our current rate of consumption the oceans contain a billion years of fuel.

So in short your reply made no sense at all.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

A trillion people could fit on Earth, if we find out how to make underwater, underground or sky cities, based on my guess, I think a trillion people can fit but it would be pretty far in the future and by that time we would have ecofriendly renewable resource. And humans only explored like less than 5% of the ocean.
~I'mdead~

The concept of infinite space can simply be related to the concept of constantly adding 1 on a number line. This being said, if the universe is ever expanding, then the universe could be called infinite based on the simple definition of infinity.
Lv 130 active rogue
Coolbreezer
Long lost level 100 mage
Uziweaut

The concept of infinite space can simply be related to the concept of constantly adding 1 on a number line. This being said, if the universe is ever expanding, then the universe could be called infinite based on the simple definition of infinity.
If you keep adding 1 that's finite. Only when you perform the operation indefinitely would it be infinity. In fact there are many different 'types' and approaches to infinity in math.

In reality though physics is not axiom based. You can take the basic formulations of physics as axioms, and 'prove' something in that mathematical framework, but it's not like you can ever prove the axioms. Just fail to disprove them with an over abundance of data and approaches. To the leyperson it's essentially proving it.

Space is expanding. But so is the event horizon of visible light left over by the condensation of hot plasma during the early universe. As it cooled it stopped being ionized and became more diffuse letting light pass unobstructed. This visible boundary of the visible expands at the speed of light. Incidentally the last scattering of nuterinos, which can pass through miles of lead and even stars without interaction, is slightly larger and if we ever develop a proper nutrino telescope we may see some very interesting primordial events. See my above posts for clarity.

So when we say space is expanding it depends on what type you mean. The actual distance between stars and galaxies by spontaneous space injection (space itself growing) or if you mean the farthest you can see due to relativity and the hot opaque early universe.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Common Theory: Space is still expanding, though it is not infinite and will compress eventually.
Current Theory: Space is infinite because it does not seem to stop expanding....for the meantime.
My journey here at Celtic Heroes has been a long one. Although I am sad to leave, I will forever cherish the memories I made and the lesson I learned. Farewell.

July 17th, 2018
11:08 PM (UTC +8): Alator, Mage, 115
11:11 PM (UTC +8): Cantorix, Druid, 83

Common Theory: Space is still expanding, though it is not infinite and will compress eventually.
Current Theory: Space is infinite because it does not seem to stop expanding....for the meantime.
A theory isn't what laypeople think. A scientific theory, put in layperson terms, is 'so damn sound and absolutely right that tens of thousands of the most brilliant minds on this planet can't show how its wrong in even the tiniest way' so a scientific theory to a layperson is 'absolutely incontrovertible fact'.

The current scientific theory regarding space is that it is both expanding and also we can see farther and farther into its depths everyday. Additionally that it is at least a little bigger than we can see to possibly infinitely large. No one is saying at this point that it will collapse back on itself that was 20th century thinking based on extremely limited information. With the discovery of data from multiple sources showing dark energy effects at extreme length scales the entire world saw how a contracting universe was not possible.

Just because something is expanding does not mean its infinite. Time would have to be infinite for any expansion to cause a finite volume to become infinite and no person who is a scientist can say that it has been infinately long since the Big Bang. Nor is space expanding today infinately fast. In fact space expanding isn't what physicists refer to when describing how large space time actually is in our universe. What they are refering to is what lies behind the primordial curtain we can't see past and to do this they describe the curvature of space based on complicated emperical measurements and the standard model of physics.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: