Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Question about outer space

If ur maths teacher doesn't think space is infinite. Ask him to prove it
Infinity can be proven with repeating numbers and lines.. If space is similar in the natural equation it was based upon it should be infinite. I dont think we will ever know for sure.
Yeh im saying get your maths teacher to prove teres an end to space.
In actual physics you can ask the question if space is flat or if it is curved. You can actually measure this by the background radiation left over from the Big Bang, among other techniques.

We know for certain that the actual universe is a minimum of 50 times larger in volume than what is visible (see my above posts). It will never be possible to prove space is infinite as you need axioms for proofs like in mathematics. Rather you can say that according to the standard model of physics and empirical measurements space is at least "x" big.

It's not really about belief or axiomatic systems like math. Instead its about empirical measurement and physical theory.
It's my personal guess that since space is 50x bigger than visible to infinitely larger than the visible universe, I expect it to be infinite in the usual sense of directions. Of course that's just my expectation.

In reality forces such as dark energy, which is poorly understood today, become so extremely dominant that without more understanding of physics at those scales we won't ever know.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Here is my view on the matter... Live life man. No need to worry about something that really doesn't matter. Am I correct does it really matter? Instead of worrying about the boundaries of space wasting billions of dollars on useless info with expensive telescopes. Why not put it towards curing Cancers or if you are so interested in space inhabiting the moon if we had a nuclear war. So much more useful things scientists could focus on. Yet it is our curiosity of the Cosmos that betrays us. In the end how does this benefit us? How does this advance the human race..
LOL, wrong. Our population is exceeding 7b, we need a new earth or our population will starve. You think global warming is an issue? Our world sucks. We need new planets, or we can not expand, in the process destroying the entire human race.

500,000 people die a year due to cancer.
7,000,000,000 people will die due to overpopulation.
What many do not realize is that science projects like the Hubble and the super collider bring us wonderful new technologies that actually help achieve goals here on earth. Many of the things we use today like data compression and gps all came from NASA. It is money very well spent indeed.

Second just 100 years ago the brightest minds on the planet 'proved' the earth couldn't support 2 billion people. And they were right using technology from 1850-1900. With horse manure piled 30 feet in the air in New York (few to no cars around) and no frozen food, fast transportation, gm high yield crops planted by massive gps guided tractors, sewer systems, electricity, etc... They failed to realize that with 2 billion humans there would be more geniuses alive than nearly all of history combined. technology advanced far faster and now the world supports over 7 billion with 3.5 times more geniuses than before.

With self replicating robotic technology and cheap fusion energy there isn't a reason why crop fields couldn't be stacked 10,000 levels deep growing more than 100 thousand times the crops per area we use now. There isn't really a reason the earth couldn't sustain a trillion humans and have less environmental problems than today.

The answer is simply to increase our technological understanding so we can achieve those goals.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Plus I think the earth wouldn't be able to hold 1 trillion people simply due to the fact it would require governments to work together, which is about as likely as me winning the euro millions when I havent bought a ticket
I don't see a reason why there would need to be any more cooperation then there is now. Only better technology.

If there is a specific reason you have thought of please tell.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: