Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A discussion about religion

Bill nye should have read this thread or perhaps just been better at researching how these types of debates work. Bill is a great guy and does a lot for science. He knows a fair bit about it even if evolutionary biology isn't his focus.

Bill made a big mistake though. He actually debated that idiot and made the whole thing seem like a legitimate debatable subject. He brought facts to a crazy fight and appealed to people's sense of logical reason that has been bound since birth having been malformed into a grotesque symbol of being proud at not having to think for oneself. He didn't use anecdotal stories and use popular public figures to promote his point which would have worked far better. Sadly there is no more chance at convincing these people of what is real than our ancestors had getting those wealthy Chinese women to walk again. The only real solution is to label religious indoctrination as child abuse and force people not to shove it down children's brains until they have some ability to think properly for themselves. But that's never going to happen. Hell this kind of legimitization is just what helps get that crap put into American science classrooms.

In the end all Bill did was put hundreds of thousands of dollars into those idiots pockets so they can make a bigger ark and animate thier sea monsters. Even worse much of the money will go to lobby thier whacko historical science textbooks into public schools. It was just one more determined flush of the toilet with America stuck in the bowl just about to go down the tubes compared to the rest of the educated first world countries. It's really quite sad.

Just want to make a quick point: ken ham was right: we all interperate the same evidence differently. An then we look at each other and say wow i feel bad for them; they are so blinded. So don't worry the feeling is mutual. The way a creationist looks at evolution is the pretty much the same way an evolutionist looks at creation. Maybe now you see kind of how it is.

Btw i do agree with ken ham obviously on pretty much everything.
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Junior Journalist of the Dal Riata Daily Enquirer

Proud Clansman of Divergent

Bill nye should have read this thread or perhaps just been better at researching how these types of debates work. Bill is a great guy and does a lot for science. He knows a fair bit about it even if evolutionary biology isn't his focus.

Bill made a big mistake though. He actually debated that idiot and made the whole thing seem like a legitimate debatable subject. He brought facts to a crazy fight and appealed to people's sense of logical reason that has been bound since birth having been malformed into a grotesque symbol of being proud at not having to think for oneself. He didn't use anecdotal stories and use popular public figures to promote his point which would have worked far better. Sadly there is no more chance at convincing these people of what is real than our ancestors had getting those wealthy Chinese women to walk again. The only real solution is to label religious indoctrination as child abuse and force people not to shove it down children's brains until they have some ability to think properly for themselves. But that's never going to happen. Hell this kind of legimitization is just what helps get that crap put into American science classrooms.

In the end all Bill did was put hundreds of thousands of dollars into those idiots pockets so they can make a bigger ark and animate thier sea monsters. Even worse much of the money will go to lobby thier whacko historical science textbooks into public schools. It was just one more determined flush of the toilet with America stuck in the bowl just about to go down the tubes compared to the rest of the educated first world countries. It's really quite sad.

Just want to make a quick point: ken ham was right: we all interperate the same evidence differently. An then we look at each other and say wow i feel bad for them; they are so blinded. So don't worry the feeling is mutual. The way a creationist looks at evolution is the pretty much the same way an evolutionist looks at creation. Maybe now you see kind of how it is.

Btw i do agree with ken ham obviously on pretty much everything.
Pretty much a confirmation of my point. The difference between rational thinking and religious interpretation is that one is based in fact the other fantasy. One is able to predict new things and move forward in understanding and one is used to hold back progress in the name of feeding power to an organization who approves what you may think. Differences in interpretation are like 'does an observer falling into a black hole get squeezed or fried first?' Not 'god gone dun it'.

There is a reason America is one of the only major countries where this could even make it to a venue. With such a high percentage of the population believing the earth is younger than existing trees whose rings you can see makes America the laughing stock of the world.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I still have about 30 mins to go in the vid (around the part where the more rapid back and forth begins) but so far, Ken Ham has not actually offered any real evidence and keeps falling back on "we can't physically observe the past." The thing is, with that view point, the assertion that there exists a god is the positive statement. It is the burden of those who claim there is a god to prove it using evidence. Otherwise, we fall back on what we can test and physical evidence that allows us to predict the past and the future.

I still have about 30 mins to go in the vid (around the part where the more rapid back and forth begins) but so far, Ken Ham has not actually offered any real evidence and keeps falling back on "we can't physically observe the past." The thing is, with that view point, the assertion that there exists a god is the positive statement. It is the burden of those who claim there is a god to prove it using evidence. Otherwise, we fall back on what we can test and physical evidence that allows us to predict the past and the future.
Yes yes yes... But what has rational logical thought and reliance on evidence ever done for humanity? There is a book that explains all that Vraelan.

Here's an anecdotal story with no conflicting evidence unlike hammeypoos. Aliens visited the earth 6000 years ago and enslaved the population. They forced us into vile machines that wove advanced computer interfaces into every last human brain. They duplicated our planet and enviornment and we now are living in a virtual reality. We are still allowed to breed because the aliens (btw the brown ones are our friends and the greens are the evil ones) like to keep vitually cyborg fhking us. We are now not only disemboweled from reality but have become an interstellar hit reality show. Even the aliens couldnt come up with crap as entertaining as stupid humans. They don't mind me posting because - what are you gonna do about it punk? One day Neo will come back and free us from our captors untill then we can only hope.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

alright, just watched the video and ken ham didnt provide any evidence, nor was he receptive to it.
bill nye offered lots of evidence and said that evidence in favour of creationism could swa his mind

how is the evolutionist the close minded one
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

First off plus3 i was talking about scientists not preachers interpreting the evidence differently. Im not talking about Christians and atheists; im talking about creationists and evolutionists.

Second off i don't know why you say that ur kids have to put up with bull in school(assuming you live in the US i apologize if you live elsewhere). It is evolution that is being forced into our children's minds not creationism(at least in public school). If you are sending ur kids to a private school which teaches creationism then that is totally your responsibility. You had the choice whether to put them there or not.

Thirdly, if i remember correctly you were one of the ones who were labeling most Christians as hateful bigots. So first u complain about how hateful we are, and now you complain that some Christians are concerned enough about your soul to come and talk to you about it? I mean they are just trying to keep you from going to hell. So which do you want them to be hateful or kind?

Fourth, pig man some of the arguments bill nye used, i could have refuted. Ken made very good points. Bill Nye also made good points.

Fifth, no matter what you guys say, most people's minds are not going to be changed by this thread no matter how good the points were for each side. Not just pointing fingers here; this goes for me too.
Psalm 46:10 He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

Oh and plus3 which sounds dumber "dat God made darn near everything" or "a durn dot exploded and well, here we are".

Solumbum-200
WeldenS-36
BlodgarmS-35
EragonS-27

First off plus3 i was talking about scientists not preachers interpreting the evidence differently. Im not talking about Christians and atheists; im talking about creationists and evolutionists.
yea i know you were. There is no debate between creationists and evolutionists. Not when its facts and reason being used - that 'debate' ended well over a hundred years ago and mysticism lost. That's why these events show to the world how stupid and ignorant Americans are.
Second off i don't know why you say that ur kids have to put up with bull in school(assuming you live in the US i apologize if you live elsewhere). It is evolution that is being forced into our children's minds not creationism(at least in public school). If you are sending ur kids to a private school which teaches creationism then that is totally your responsibility. You had the choice whether to put them there or not.
Again you show how uneducated you really are. Ignorant. Evolution is a fact. Like gravity. Students with proper education environments are encouraged to research on thier own and learn. Yet more than 1 in 8 United States PUBLIC schools teach *********** Christian Science in the classroom. Religious ******** that causes ignorance and holds this country back. Stupid ******** that my children are supposed to be protected from. In some of the less educated parts of the contry this percentage is even higher. Don't tell me that they don't teach Christian ******* in PUBLIC schools you have no clue.

Thirdly, if i remember correctly you were one of the ones who were labeling most Christians as hateful bigots. So first u complain about how hateful we are, and now you complain that some Christians are concerned enough about your soul to come and talk to you about it? I mean they are just trying to keep you from going to hell. So which do you want them to be hateful or kind?
I want them to be the kind that can keep it in their pants. I don't need to be force fed your delusions. Doubly so for publicly funded establishments. It's my constitutional right as an American to demand this.
Fourth, pig man some of the arguments bill nye used, i could have refuted. Ken made very good points. Bill Nye also made good points.
doubt you could actually refute anything that nye said. I watched the entire debate carefully. Anything you could show to the contrary would make you an overnight science celebrity. Good luck with that.
Fifth, no matter what you guys say, most people's minds are not going to be changed by this thread no matter how good the points were for each side. Not just pointing fingers here; this goes for me too.
Exactly we agree here. Bill's epic fail was to bring facts to a crazy fight and attempt to appeal to the logical rational side that simply does not exist.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: