Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: A discussion about religion

#361
tgwaste wrote:
Magixal wrote:Im merely stating a correlation, some Christians can be nice people, however, there is a dark side to every group, its just the Christians dark side make themself more well known, Jehovah's Witness for example. They attempt to lure you in and they play your mind like a puppet. You then have the western burrow baptist church, and the KKK, im just saying a book such as the bible cannot leave everything to interpretation and expect people to follow the "true" path of god



no......


the MEDIA makes bad christians more well known because the liberal MEDIA hates Christianity.


To group Christians in with people like the WBC and KKK is just garbage. Ask yourself "What have I done for ANYONE lately" because I assure you Christians are doing more.



While it may be true that not all Christians are bad or even different from any other average people there is truth to the moderates providing the cover for these extremist groups making them more tolerated and respected than they would otherwise be. For example I don't see much in the way of cristians publicly denouncing the westboro church and thier famous gay hateing. Probably because the bible is anti gay and they don't feel comfortable judging other Christians. The same is true of Muslims and extremist terrorist groups. It is the complacency of moderate seemingly moral religious that provide the cover of respectability and a wide grey line to these people's activities.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: A discussion about religion

#362
Plus3 wrote:
tgwaste wrote:
Magixal wrote:Im merely stating a correlation, some Christians can be nice people, however, there is a dark side to every group, its just the Christians dark side make themself more well known, Jehovah's Witness for example. They attempt to lure you in and they play your mind like a puppet. You then have the western burrow baptist church, and the KKK, im just saying a book such as the bible cannot leave everything to interpretation and expect people to follow the "true" path of god



no......


the MEDIA makes bad christians more well known because the liberal MEDIA hates Christianity.


To group Christians in with people like the WBC and KKK is just garbage. Ask yourself "What have I done for ANYONE lately" because I assure you Christians are doing more.



While it may be true that not all Christians are bad or even different from any other average people there is truth to the moderates providing the cover for these extremist groups making them more tolerated and respected than they would otherwise be. For example I don't see much in the way of cristians publicly denouncing the westboro church and thier famous gay hateing. Probably because the bible is anti gay and they don't feel comfortable judging other Christians. The same is true of Muslims and extremist terrorist groups. It is the complacency of moderate seemingly moral religious that provide the cover of respectability and a wide grey line to these people's activities.



You're doing it again...

The Church doesn't need to come out about the WBC. We know the WBC is crap. The Church doesn't need to tell you that. Do they?? Do you need their confirmation that the WBC is crap or can you deduce it on your own?

Yes, the Catholic Church thinks that the _practice_ of homosexuality is a sin. Having same sex attraction is not a sin. You will not find Catholic churches teaching that. If you do, please let me know and Ill write to their local bishop. We do believe the practice of it is a sin however. Sorry. Thems the breaks. I will not get into a shouting match on this subject. If it makes you unhappy. Then be unhappy.

The LIBERAL media LOVES Muslims. They are the new fad. Have been ever since 911. They love the culture of death. They love Muslims. They love Abortion and they love that POS snake charmer Obama.

What they hate are Christians. Especially the Catholic Church as they very verbally challenge their agenda.
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

Re: A discussion about religion

#363
Yes I completely apologize. I keep forgetting that Christians are among the most discriminated against in the USA. It must be very hard to thrive in such adversity. I admire your indomitable spirit.

And on a side note I have no idea why black people (because of biblical slavery) or gays (obvious anti gay doctrine) become Christian. I can only think it must be some variant of Stockholm syndrome.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: A discussion about religion

#364
Plus3 wrote:Yes I completely apologize. I keep forgetting that Christians are among the most discriminated against in the USA. It must be very hard to thrive in such adversity. I admire your indomitable spirit.

And on a side note I have no idea why black people (because of biblical slavery) or gays (obvious anti gay doctrine) become Christian. I can only think it must be some variant of Stockholm syndrome.


Slaves in the bible were of all colors actually and so we're their masters. In fact the bible is the first place where you see treating them with any kind of respect or dignity and also the first place that says to free them. The entire Moses story is about freeing mass groups of slaves.

As far as Anti-Gay. Well.. ya. We don't believe you should practice homosexuality. Again, if that makes you unhappy then be so. Your comfort is not the concern here.
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

Re: A discussion about religion

#365
Plus3 wrote:Yes I completely apologize. I keep forgetting that Christians are among the most discriminated against in the USA. It must be very hard to thrive in such adversity. I admire your indomitable spirit.

And on a side note I have no idea why black people (because of biblical slavery) or gays (obvious anti gay doctrine) become Christian. I can only think it must be some variant of Stockholm syndrome.

Being a slave during Bible times in Israel was completely different than the black slavery. Slaves were treated very well. It was actually preferable to be a slave than a servant in Israel because your master had to take care of you and you were guaranteed a job, food and clothing. Masters were even required to release their slaves after a certain number of years (I believe seven), but in most cases the slave actually chose to stay being a slave! Slavery had a very different meaning in Israel than it does today.
It also had nothing to do with racism, unlike the black slavery, as tgwaste has above mentioned.

Re: A discussion about religion

#366
Plus3 wrote:
Ddude13 wrote:Spirit Healer. I am fourteen years old, "too young to understand a discussion like this"....
The Big Bang Theory. The new religion. It is just not a possible and/or probable solution. Where did the stuff come from before the Big Bang? Something had to create it. The Big Bang theory is impossible without a creator. Creation is the only possible solution, as everything has to come from somewhere. You ask how God was created? He wasn't. He is an entity that the human mind cannot comprehend. We think in terms of time, of creation. God does not think in any of these terms. God simply WAS, forever and ever. He has been there since before the beginning of time.


I guess you are 14 and still are in the process of finding out what is real - a process that never really should stop. But don't you think its odd that you use the same argument for gods existence that you hand wave away for scientific theory?

Do you find it odd that you don't question gravity or the laws of thermodynamics? No question about the maxwells laws of electromagnetism? Aren't you replying on a miniaturized piece of 'proof' that science is right? It's obvious you cant send a reply with prayer or chakra or anything spiritual.

But Christians are really butt hurt over the Big Bang and evolution because it directly conflicts with the bible. No Adam and Eve no original sin. No original sin no need for guilt and constant atonement. No need to be saved and the whole thing falls apart.

When Christians heard of the Big Bang theory it was widely embraced as being true since it seems to fit with the creation myth. The past and current pope accepts both evolution and the Big Bang theory as an official church position as do most non-American Christians (which is the vast majority of Christians)

Despite science not as of today having all the answers it does already have many that are supported by overwhelming evidence with absolutely 0 contrary evidence. If you want to live the most productive and healthy life with the best chance of success knowing what is real is highly important. I suggest you base any beliefs on evidence before you unknowingly make a life altering decision for the worse.

What if a person wasn't motivated to quit chain smoking beause they were active in thier churc and a good person? God wouldn't give them cancer they hear god saying he won't. And if they die a slow painful death in front of thier family they would go to a better place right? Is that helping the friends and family?

Imagine if someone really believed the end of the world meant the comming of Jesus. And it will be the most glorious thing ever possible. Now what if that person has thier finger on nuclear weapons? Wouldn't using them be the most wonderful thing to ever happen? If you can't grip reality there are serious consequences.


Maybe a person would do that. But that person, I would argue, would not be a Christian. They may say that they are. They would basically be radicals- somewhat like Muslim radicals. A common misconception of Muslims is that they are all evil, they all want to kill everyone. That is false and they do not represent the true beliefs of the Muslim religion. It would be the same for that person that says they are a Christian, then blows up the world. Actually blowing up the world would be counter-productive to followers of Christ, as we do not just wait for him to come back, but we also want to save people from the fires of hell. I apologize for any hurt feelings, but I will be blunt- anybody who does not believe in Christ will face eternal death.
As for scientific laws, I was not going to take the time to go into them, but here it goes.
Scientific laws are not perfectly true. They are how we see the universe working and we have not yet proved them wrong. That does not mean that they are absolutely correct. Perhaps the law of thermodynamics (matter cannot be created nor destroyed, merely transformed) is incorrect. If I am wrong on this correct me, but I do not believe we have been able to experiment with God quite yet. I do not question the existence of gravity as I do not believe there is anything wrong with it. And I also do not believe that the laws of thermodynamics are completely wrong- perhaps just in need of being tweaked a small amount.
I am also not the pope and I cannot be accused of just spouting what I have been told. I have an open mind- perhaps the seven days of creation are not meant to be taken literally and it could be much more time than that. Maybe the pope's beliefs differ from mine. I have never said that I am a catholic.
Furthermore, within your argument I could find no piece of proof that God does not exist. Before you tell me that my argument has no merit and that I do not know what I am talking about, I would enjoy some real proof.

Re: A discussion about religion

#367
Plus3 wrote:Yes I completely apologize. I keep forgetting that Christians are among the most discriminated against in the USA. It must be very hard to thrive in such adversity. I admire your indomitable spirit.

And on a side note I have no idea why black people (because of biblical slavery) or gays (obvious anti gay doctrine) become Christian. I can only think it must be some variant of Stockholm syndrome.

Actually, slavery in the bible was not how you think of it. Being a slave was not a demeaning thing back then. In fact, some slaves loved their masters so much that they stayed with them for life. Also, it wasn't like only black people became slaves. There was not one group of people that became a slave. Being a slave was more like being a butler or a maid. Please don't start shouting at me for saying that, because that is about the closest occupation to being a slave back then. There was nothing wrong with being a slave then. I am not saying the slavery today and of the civil war era was okay, nor was all the slavery back then.

Re: A discussion about religion

#368
I gotta disagree with a few points here...


Ddude13 wrote:Maybe a person would do that. But that person, I would argue, would not be a Christian. They may say that they are.


Please do not abuse terms. They could very well be a Christian. A person who believes in the trinity, that jesus was god, and that he died for us: is a Christian. Plain and Simple. So a person who blows up the world can still be a Christian (believing in these things). He would just be a "Bad" one. :) We already have the terms "Good" and "Bad", we do not need to miss-use the word "Christian" for these purposes.

Ddude13 wrote:They would basically be radicals- somewhat like Muslim radicals. A common misconception of Muslims is that they are all evil, they all want to kill everyone. That is false and they do not represent the true beliefs of the Muslim religion.


Muslims (the word means "Submit") believe in the Qur'an. You should read it. Its pretty messed up. It isn't like the Bible trying to teach good moral behavior. Its just... messed up.. dude.


Ddude13 wrote: It would be the same for that person that says they are a Christian, then blows up the world. Actually blowing up the world would be counter-productive to followers of Christ, as we do not just wait for him to come back, but we also want to save people from the fires of hell. I apologize for any hurt feelings, but I will be blunt- anybody who does not believe in Christ will face eternal death.


You know how people quote the "Don't judge lest ye be judged" part of the bible? This is exactly what the bible is talking about. The bible is not talking about our judgement of behavior. we should _absolutely_ judge behavior. Its talking about our judgement of whether someone will go to heaven or hell. You must not say what you have said. God will judge people by what they know. Someone who has never heard the name Jesus Christ will most definitely not go to hell for that lack of knowledge. If they go, it will be because of whats in their hearts.
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

Re: A discussion about religion

#369
Ddude13 wrote:
Plus3 wrote:Yes I completely apologize. I keep forgetting that Christians are among the most discriminated against in the USA. It must be very hard to thrive in such adversity. I admire your indomitable spirit.

And on a side note I have no idea why black people (because of biblical slavery) or gays (obvious anti gay doctrine) become Christian. I can only think it must be some variant of Stockholm syndrome.

Actually, slavery in the bible was not how you think of it. Being a slave was not a demeaning thing back then. In fact, some slaves loved their masters so much that they stayed with them for life. Also, it wasn't like only black people became slaves. There was not one group of people that became a slave. Being a slave was more like being a butler or a maid. Please don't start shouting at me for saying that, because that is about the closest occupation to being a slave back then. There was nothing wrong with being a slave then. I am not saying the slavery today and of the civil war era was okay, nor was all the slavery back then.


So the eqiquette in the old testimonies about beating your slaves and if they die the next day later is ok? They weren't sold as meat like cattle? Families weren't split up and sold off if they were made after the person became a slave?

Wrong the only difference is it was more class based than racial. It was in no form like indentured servitude or some other contract as you imply. I suggest you read up and provide some evidence because this does not fit what I have read cans would be interesting to see how you justify slavery in the name of religion. It's wrong even if you do it to several nationalities.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: A discussion about religion

#370
Plus3 wrote:
Ddude13 wrote:
Plus3 wrote:Yes I completely apologize. I keep forgetting that Christians are among the most discriminated against in the USA. It must be very hard to thrive in such adversity. I admire your indomitable spirit.

And on a side note I have no idea why black people (because of biblical slavery) or gays (obvious anti gay doctrine) become Christian. I can only think it must be some variant of Stockholm syndrome.

Actually, slavery in the bible was not how you think of it. Being a slave was not a demeaning thing back then. In fact, some slaves loved their masters so much that they stayed with them for life. Also, it wasn't like only black people became slaves. There was not one group of people that became a slave. Being a slave was more like being a butler or a maid. Please don't start shouting at me for saying that, because that is about the closest occupation to being a slave back then. There was nothing wrong with being a slave then. I am not saying the slavery today and of the civil war era was okay, nor was all the slavery back then.


So the eqiquette in the old testimonies about beating your slaves and if they die the next day later is ok? They weren't sold as meat like cattle? Families weren't split up and sold off if they were made after the person became a slave?

Wrong the only difference is it was more class based than racial. It was in no form like indentured servitude or some other contract as you imply. I suggest you read up and provide some evidence because this does not fit what I have read cans would be interesting to see how you justify slavery in the name of religion. It's wrong even if you do it to several nationalities.



Let me ask you this:

If slavery were not in the Bible, would you become a Christian?
maulz - warrior - level 195 - belenus - iPhone 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests