Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

why is the warhammer forums different to this one?

this froums leyout, setup and opporation is much better. I think that you should make an exact copy of this and make it the warhammer one. Ofc change the colour settings and all that. what you think?
Send me your Questions!

Re: why is the warhammer forums different to this one?

I’m pretty sure a reason is because Warhammer: Odyssey is a different game than Celtic Heroes. But they also did not make the Celtic Heroes forums, so they may had to go for a different style. Plus Warhammer: Odyssey hasn’t been launched yet.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

It's a completely different framework being used for WH:O's forums, and it's likely done because there are a lot of neat things that can be done there that can't be done on a forum framework like this one.

I do agree that the other one is mildly less intuitive for me, and I'm not a huge fan of the all white asthetic, but it's not horrible imo.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Discourse is the forum software used for Warhammer Forums (and the same one used by WoW forums too), but there is not much until Beta and Launch. More sections will be visible over time and be more and more similar to what you are use to in Celtic Heroes.

It does take a little bit of getting use to, but it really is superior in my opinion. I am no web developer, but always open to suggestions to improve the forums. Just PM me in the Warhammer forums and not here.

Discourse is the forum software used for Warhammer Forums (and the same one used by WoW forums too), but there is not much until Beta and Launch. More sections will be visible over time and be more and more similar to what you are use to in Celtic Heroes.

It does take a little bit of getting use to, but it really is superior in my opinion. I am no web developer, but always open to suggestions to improve the forums. Just PM me in the Warhammer forums and not here.
Would it be a possibility for ch forums to change to the same software in the future? it's definitley much better
Nee, Proud CHIEFTAIN of the beloved Aeon KodiakReavers of Belenus,
229 Druid

Would it be a possibility for ch forums to change to the same software in the future? it's definitley much better
Possible, but it would most likely mean a clean slate if that were to happen.

Possible, but it would most likely mean a clean slate if that were to happen.
Yeah, and that could prove a disadvantage. There’s a lot of information here that has been a benefit in the past and could definitely be a benefit in the future.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

I feel there's a lot more features with Discourse (e.g., account ranks, sub-categories, more player interaction, post-approval features). Would definitely take a hit initially, but in the long-run, it may be worthwhile to consider the switch.
yeo, it is a nice looking, but it would take a long time to get set up, and ppl moved over
Send me your Questions!